Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
To Answer your Question "Road closed" means "straße gesperrt"

Also, is there some place left on the Roster, or is it filled up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

Pyroi posted:

It was all just swamp gas and a weather balloon. Nothing to see here, move along, or you're a communist.

Seems Legit, but sounds a bit like Imperial Secret keeping, with less *blamming* of People. (although that last part is an assumption, having not played The Bureau)

and i would also sign up for a Multiplayer game, if the possibility comes.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

Stallion Cabana posted:

Sounds legit. I hope his signup picture is a Crysalid in a pair of glasses

drat, i really wish i would have thought of this.

I have never seen a civillian just die, didtn know this is a thing. but i always love it, being one square short of reaching them at the end of my turn and then they decide to run away/ around the corner, so that my guys would need to stand flanked to save their sorry hides. :bang:

I imagine body armor smells after an hour or two of flight in the cramped skyranger, but so badly?

Kasrkin fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Feb 24, 2014

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

Blind Sally posted:

"I, for one, look forward to fighting alongside such a brave and noble warrior, such as Chris Salid. There's something about his 'never-say-die' attitude that really resonates with me."

This is great, i love it, can i use this as an forum avatar?

I think i need to update my appliance. My dumb wordjoke is really getting a life on its own.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
True to my word. I now eternalized blind sally and sovietpotatoe's work, as my avatar. Credit where its due. (Until the day i piss someone off enough to change to something humiliating)

Also, after all the talk about training roulette i gave it a try, its hilarious, literally all of my soldiers are walking tanks, half of them got resilience at one point, in various additions to low profile or will to survive (or all at once, in zhangs case)

It almost makes up for my heavy getting revive as his second to last promotions.

Is it just my luck, or tends training roulette even more to create a few supersoldiers and otherwise just tons of tons of cannonfodder than hidden potential?

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

Double Rabite posted:

Yesterday I had group of Thin Men teleport into the middle of my group and today I had a Sectopod do the same and it was when I was already fighting one of them.

edit:

Unlike my team, the teleport glitch is still very much so alive.

I had something similar happening to me, ob board of one of the bigger ships, while setting up an ambush for an revealed, but not activated Sectopod (mimetic skin FTW) said Pod decided it was boring where it was standing and choose to Airdrop in, behind the sniper, to ambush the Ambush. It was quite hilarious in hindsight, with the mental Picture of an Sectopod sneaking in on my Guys.

Cover mechanic in this game seems pretty good thought out, but then there are these random occurrences like the cash register, i guess that's the Protective Power of Money?

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

GuavaMoment posted:

Had to fix a few things here.

I would totally do this if Jade didn't know martial arts, and wasn't trained in combat by the Navy, was 4 inches shorter than me instead of 4 inches taller, and had a soul capable of expressing compassion and mercy. But other than that, yeah sure!

...on the other hand, his bones have been proven to be very brittle...

If you recreate an X-Com match, there would be a no melee rule, except of course, he comes pre-equipped with an MEC suit. actually, yeah, i wouldn't risk that either. Coming with an Fist to an gunfight CAN work. Also, just watched Cryssalmania, with operation: Protect the Dirty Cheater. so there is that.

bigger target just means easier to hit. the Other points are fair too, though.

I realized today, my play style changed quite a lot, now that i actually know whats going on Behind the Scenes thanks to this guide. I find that amusing, if only for the reason, that beforehand i used to play more like jade, defense and security oriented and now tend to be more aggressive, shotgun to the face-ish and despite this getting less people killed.

Kasrkin fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 13, 2014

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

Feinne posted:

Perhaps the most unrealistic thing, since people would be rubbernecking like a motherfucker.

Runs over a Sectoid, but doesn't realize it, because Staring at Navigation/iPhone/whatever.

alternatively, i think it would be funny, having a firefight on the highway, with the occasional car zipping by, endangering everybody, a little like high tech frogger.
Imagine, the dramatic camera cut, as this Fueltransport is about to hit a Sectopod your rookie

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

Jade Star posted:

Get out. Don't encourage him.

Also, teaser quote from Guava from the next video; "Whoa, you're playing this way more aggressive than I would have here."

Woah, i feel a great disturbance in the force. Like a million aliens cried out in terror...

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

Zomborgon posted:

Is it bad that I now read that phrase in the Council spokesman's voice?

well if it is, you`re not alone, i did the same.
its the beginning of the end, or something like this.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

Felinoid posted:

F = gently caress it, you're all fired. We're going with Chris Salid's new security company.

Hey hey, there is nothing wrong with Teggtical Solutions Inc.!

we have a long standing cooperation with the Security office of Exalt & sons, and lots of other recommendations. We even have our own Medical Staff, an ex-Military Surgeon "colonel Floater Medic" so you are in Good hands with us!

The medal of honor should be named something that tempts Fate. like, Invincibility's Embrace, or the likes. Not Fitting with the power, but whatever.

Kasrkin fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 16, 2014

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
I do love this mission so much, i am kind of sad its one time only. The map is awesome, the stakes are high and also, redshirts (in white)

Felinoid posted:

Something that never occurred to me until watching someone else play it: Thank god you don't have to pay to fix all the sabotage. That Skyranger's gotta be expensive, nevermind everything else.

While i agree on the point, that it would be a dickmove to bill the player for the damage done in the cutscene. But on the other hand it feels kind of absolutly without any further consequences other than, yes it happened.
The skyranger is hosed, Workshops destroyed and scientist got killed (i do love that nobodys attacking vahlen, maybe they know its something that ends badly?) But at the end of the final cutscene its back to normal order as if nothing happened.
Feels kinda disappointing in my opinion.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
I hate to turn from the subjevt of my second favorite thing (Beer) to something else again, but i was watching some of the older Videos again, and in one of them, Jade and Guava a talking about, how it would look like, when someone is marching down the maps with a Team of MECs, not giving a Single poo poo about cover and in return blowing up as much of the Cover the enemy's have as possible.

Soooo, I may or may not have done an terrible thing. it is about 12 Minutes long, with no Commentary. but maybe its good for a Laugh or Two

oh yeah and vahlen is bitching about Blowing up Meld or Stuff, i dont know, wasn't listening.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

GenericServices posted:

That was some good punchin' at the end there.

Hahaha, thanks! i have to admit, i was kinda Dissapointed by punching that seeker, i thought they would fly like the wind if punched

Veloxyll posted:

This would have been great. If you'd booshed everything.

i was tempted, seriously, but with mechtoids and Mutons Running around, it may or may not have ended in dying a lot more. ALso it would have taken ages to finish .

I tried making another video first. it's an EXALT mission, the one with the transponder on the rooftop. i learned a few things:

1. Buildings are incredible well build in the XCOM universe, even with two thirds of the Supporting walls in the lower floor missing, they will not collapse.

2. Exalt is REALLY desperate to hack the encoder, so much, that they willingly move into the area, even if there is no Cover at all remaining and they are standing within a few tiles of a punchy MEC

3. Bookshelf's are really good at dodging Punches

4. It's truly magical, how aggressively you can play, with only MECs and no need for cover, then again you kinda need, to net get blasted to smithereens.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

Rogue0071 posted:

That 6 MEC video was awesome, would have been cooler on a map with cars and gas tanks to blow up though.

Maybe, i don't know, cars aren't THAT much fun to blow up, just because, they remain as burned out Wrecks, no matter what you throw at them, gas tanks on the other hand, i will try that.

Edit: just played Site Recon with six MECs... somehow I kind of think, that Airstrike wasn't really necessary. Just saying

Kasrkin fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

Canuck-Errant posted:

tactical boosh

This would either be the BEST mission name and/or an awesome name for an emergency Plan.

• Locked thread