Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

error1 posted:

Where's all the dogs? :(

Dogs are behind tarp, play with Pussy Riot, you want see? Is there *points whip*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

13,000 cubic meters of helium used in the closing ceremonies.

We didn't need any more MRIs anyways.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Powershift posted:

13,000 cubic meters of helium used in the closing ceremonies.

We didn't need any more MRIs anyways.

Look buddy, the plans call for everyone one in the stadium to talk all squeaky-voiced. Now if you got a better way to do that, then put up or shut up.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

I can see where all the helium went.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

I can see where all the helium went.

The fact that everything isn't draped over with the canadian flag is offensive.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

Paradox Personified posted:

If the thread doesn't blow up about the closing ceremonies and CBC beforehand, just remind me. I want the hilarious mic'd-during-commercials commentary so bad, myself.
I HOPE YOU DIDN'T FORGET PARADOX!
Wha? Where is this from?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

And now we get a glimpse of the 2018 Winter Games in South Korea.

And FIREWORKS!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 23, 2014

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

You don't know what sadness truly is like until you've seen a gigantic mechanical bear shed a mechanical tear, I'll tell you that.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Indeed.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
For real?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

that is going to replace the :ussr: emote within hours

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Cry, cry for Putin.
drat you Ukraine for ruining everything! :cry:

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Grey Fox V2 posted:

I HOPE YOU DIDN'T FORGET PARADOX!

God dammit. Gotta find the link and my old copy of Streambox and hope it can pull from the server. Who has the link, who posted it?

YOU HAD ONE JOB FOX, OOOOOOONNNNNNEE JOOOOOOOB.

Paradox Personified fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 23, 2014

TeodorMorozov
May 27, 2013

Achievement unlocked:

Tsuru
May 12, 2008
Well well well... it seems Russians have a sense of humour after all!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So is the closing ceremony going to be as much of a weird acid trip as the opening ceremony? Do I want to miss watching Walking Dead live so I can watch this when it airs instead? Or is it not that interesting?

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So is the closing ceremony going to be as much of a weird acid trip as the opening ceremony? Do I want to miss watching Walking Dead live so I can watch this when it airs instead? Or is it not that interesting?

Nah, Walking Dead isn't that interesting. You'll be okay to watch it later.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
closing ceremony was loooooong and really low-tempo so it got real dull real fast, and i actually like ballet.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Goodbye Sochi.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2FVWKe4pR8

On one hand the animatronics are impressive but seriously those mascots are so uncanny valley it hurts

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

This Olympics went better than I expected.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Lawman 0 posted:

Yeah after the stream of hilarity of the first few days tapered off, they became relatively boring.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Lawman 0 posted:

Yeah me too.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

:rip: Grovergrad.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Lawman 0 posted:

I certainly didn't pick up on there being 51 billion dollars put into it, but it did end up going a lot smoother than I expected. I guess we can just assume that had Russia spent a normal amount on the games it would have been a disaster, but that any disaster can be avoided with a few dozen extra billion dollars.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

davebo posted:

I certainly didn't pick up on there being 51 billion dollars put into it, but it did end up going a lot smoother than I expected. I guess we can just assume that had Russia spent a normal amount on the games it would have been a disaster, but that any disaster can be avoided with a few dozen extra billion dollars.

The games didn't cost 51 billion. Corruption/bribes/payoffs/Russians did.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Actual cost of the games: $5,100

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

davebo posted:

Russia should of had them in the urals or something instead and that would of shaved probably billions off the cost.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
It's been an honor and privilege posting with you all. Too bad this went relatively smoothly but we have Brazil hosting the World Cup to this summer to look forward to! :ussr:

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Don't forget the fireworks.

Toad on a Hat posted:

It's been an honor and privilege posting with you all. Too bad this went relatively smoothly but we have Brazil hosting the World Cup to this summer to look forward to! :ussr:

Not looking forward to that. :ohdear: Knowing our men we will be outplayed badly. We have some good players but they suck in a team.

Jack the Stripper fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 23, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Was great honor being involved. Will always cherish fond memory of tarp, wodka, dogs, bobsledder locked in bathroom, and polonium water.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

CLAM DOWN posted:

You have to include those in the costs. They're very important. You think you get tarps of this quality without greasing the right wheels?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

CLAM DOWN posted:

Which was all done because of the Olympics. So yes, the Olympics did cost $51 billion, Cap'n Semantics.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
We paid 321 million for our hockey rink (1 building) and it doesn't have the scores on the roof.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

davebo posted:

"When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said to me, 'Vladimir Vladimirovich, you are daft to build an Olympic village on a swamp!', but I built it all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, comrade, the strongest ski resort in all of Russia!"

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

davebo posted:

You have to include those in the costs. They're very important. You think you get tarps of this quality without greasing the right wheels?

The Bear demanded $100,000,000 up front.

And free access to food dogs

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
tarps, doges, disintegrating tracks, skiing in shorts and t-shirts, cats collapsing roofs, shower spy-cams, blown knees and shattered collarbones, rings not opening, sad putin, creepybear sheds a single tear

gg russia

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Didn't go that poorly? Compared to what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Munich?

• Locked thread