Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

NoneSuch posted:

why wouldn't you just have a metal detector at the main entrance and one dude to check

Because it's a cargo cult security system, not an actual security system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Arian_Samurai posted:

They should have the winter Olympics in places where it snows.

Check your white [christmas] privilege.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Crewmine posted:

I remember when I was in St Petersburg the tap water in my hotel came out yellow, didn't drink it but I did have a bath in it for some reason

Are you talking about St. Petersburg, Florida? Too hard to tell.

redshirt posted:

I heard Putin's 18 year old gymnast girlfriend has some role in the opening ceremony. Should be smooth.

Welp, she's already won all the golds.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MD2020 posted:

It's one of the new events and he injured his hand or wrist during a practice run. He's pulling out to avoid injury so he can do his other events.

Likely story.

"Shaun, dude, I really don't want to do this."
"Look bro, if I go over there I'm probs going to die. You ever seen that 1,000 Ways to Die show on Spike? It's all filmed in Russia."
"But---"
"Just grab the wrench and hit me on the wrist. Do it."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm going to assume this picture isn't flipped.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

now i am hoping these are both from the same building

and i want to see how crazy this building can get

Do you remember Springfield's attempt at rebuilding Ned Flanders' house?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ratbert90 posted:

I just want to know how you do this?

Let's say someone gives you a construction project for something you're not 100% sure how to do. Now they give you a severe time limit. And they give you lovely equipment. And you're also so drunk you would be blind if you had grown up in any other nation on Earth. Get building!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

t3h z0r posted:

If there's a real emergency in these buildings everyone is hosed.

All the doors lock and unlock at random.
Can't find the fire hose because it's hidden in someone's bathroom.
Bust through a door only to fall through 5 floors of tarp.
The fire exit is just painted on the wall.
Only hope is a tiny window, but its 10 feet off the ground.

Kevin McCallister grew up to become an architect but after he was deemed criminally insane because of his sadistic slapstick death trap houses, he fled to Russia.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

When Canada finally defeats Latvia in a game of hey-come-back-here-with-that-piece-of-rubber we'll be assured of our place and importance in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

t3h z0r posted:

Do any of the Latvians play in the pros? Because the Canadians pull 5-8 mill and I'm wondering what the plucky underdogs make in comparison.

If anything that goalie deserves all the money.

The Latvian goalie plays in the AHL and makes $55k a year.

• Locked thread