Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Our mascot is a different panda, you've probably never heard of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Bears continue to be :3: in the offseason.

Kyle Long continues to look like an out of place Stormfront recruit.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
former Eagle WR and current free agent Jason Avant began selling drugs in Chicago at the age of twelve, but realized what a horrible mistake he was making and now travels to high schools in Camden to try to save kids from ruining their lives.

CSN Philly

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

DupaDupa posted:

4 years ago the Bears offense was this barren wasteland of sacks and sub thousand yard receivers and now it looks like the funnest place on earth.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DupaDupa posted:

Some nice Cutler face.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Eifert Posting posted:

Some nice Cutler face.

He's mad about being surrounded by dirty Vaccers

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

DupaDupa posted:

I see no hookers, someone get Fred Smoot on the line

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Eifert Posting posted:

Our mascot is a different panda, you've probably never heard of them.

Which is funny because giant pandas were so rare that the Chinese didn't even know about them until like the 16th Century (the name panda originally referred to the red guys).

Psmith
May 7, 2007
The p is silent, as in phthisis, psychic, and ptarmigan.
A while back Grantland did a pretty interesting (and long) piece of Connor Barwin:

http://grantland.com/features/connor-barwin-philadelphia-eagles-linebacker-nfl-hipster/

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Bears's offense plus Lamarr Houston and Tim Jennings all went go kart racing in Miami.

Cutler won and made the rookie wide out carry his trophy around.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

DupaDupa posted:

Bears's offense plus Lamarr Houston and Tim Jennings all went go kart racing in Miami.

Cutler won and made the rookie wide out carry his trophy around.

god dammit when was this? I will frequent every track in Miami to race Cutler if I have to...

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Speaking of Lamarr Houston

I should really stop following players I like on twitter :sigh:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Pryor on Fire posted:

Speaking of Lamarr Houston

I should really stop following players I like on twitter :sigh:

This may come as a shock to you, but a lot of NFL players are pretty religious.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I'd guess about 95% of the NFL would be disliked by goons.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure the answer is aurora borealis.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Sour Diesel posted:

This may come as a shock to you, but a lot of NFL players are pretty religious.

Not to mention many of them are also stupid, so there is a lot of crossover

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

VVVV

Yeppers.

Shangri-Law School fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 28, 2014

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Is that Suh?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Coach Hearthrob, a.k.a Kliff Kingsbury was interviewed by LeBatard on his radio show today. You can listen to it here (just scroll down a bit and look at the media player playlist).

Highlights include admitting that he has flirted with mothers of recruits to get them on his side, Mike Leach is the craziest/smartest person alive, and a promise to share the good Johnny Football stories after draft day. Also, apparently Kingsbury just talks like Matthew McConaughey now which is perfect.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Coach Hearthrob, a.k.a Kliff Kingsbury was interviewed by LeBatard on his radio show today. You can listen to it here (just scroll down a bit and look at the media player playlist).

Highlights include admitting that he has flirted with mothers of recruits to get them on his side, Mike Leach is the craziest/smartest person alive, and a promise to share the good Johnny Football stories after draft day. Also, apparently Kingsbury just talks like Matthew McConaughey now which is perfect.

Why yes, Miss Sherman, I'm sure we can come to a mutual understanding about young Richard's future at Stanford. Why don't we continue this discussion in a more... private setting?
\_

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Why yes, Miss Sherman, I'm sure we can come to a mutual understanding about young Richard's future at Stanford. Why don't we continue this discussion in a more... private setting?
\_

Hey man, not everyone's O-face is as pretty as we think it to be.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Chichevache posted:

\_

I now hear Harbs feigning a British accent to sound more alluring. "Prooivate"

Thems some bedroom eyes.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

swickles posted:

Also, apparently Kingsbury just talks like Matthew McConaughey now which is perfect.

:swoon:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

Holy poo poo I just realized that said Coach Hearthrob, not Coach Harbaugh. :doh: Don't insomnia and post people.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

Holy poo poo I just realized that said Coach Hearthrob, not Coach Harbaugh. :doh: Don't insomnia and post people.

Have trouble sleeping? Take your DRZ out for a bit.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Chichevache posted:

Why did you think that Harbaugh was also known as Kliff Kingsbury? That would be a terrible nickname

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Flikken posted:

Have trouble sleeping? Take your DRZ out for a bit.

My back is acting up so I can't ride right now. :sigh:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Giovanni Bernard is A really cool guy.

I had no idea his family was from Haiti.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
As everyone knows by now, the Eagles were unwilling to put up with a bad seed like DeSean Jackson. The Eagles are the gold standard of NFL franchises and they expect their players to be high character athletes who maintain their lofty standards.

All that acknowledged, let's meet the current face of the franchise, LeSean McCoy.

LeSean McCoy, a fine, upstanding young gentleman.

Beloved by nuns and probably Jesus Christ himself.

Disney™ approved.

REDACTED

REDACTED

LeSean McCoy has a special connection with his fans and goes out of his way to share his time with them.

quote:

Paul Domowitch of the Philadelphia Daily News reports that McCoy failed to attend a paid autograph signing event in Ashley, Pennsylvania on March 11.

Per Domowitch, McCoy received $2,500 of a $5,000 fee up front from Bentley’s, a local restaurant and night club. Bentley’s had to refund the ticket price paid by “hundreds” who waited in vain for McCoy to arrive.

quote:

Eagles running back LeSean "Shady" McCoy has run into some more trouble for not showing up for paid appearances.

The latest Shady snafu, in Mountain Top, Luzerne County, has resulted in a Philadelphia Common Pleas Court civil judgment of $8,180.50 against McCoy and a co-defendant.

McCoy was supposed to sign fan autographs at the sports-memorabilia store last year but walked after arriving to see federal law-enforcement officers inside the store, Dyller said.

LeSean McCoy is a family man.

quote:

LeSean "Shady" McCoy lived up to his nickname Saturday night when he embarked on a Twitter battle with his baby mama, calling her names and insisting his followers also harass her on the social media site.

With varying levels of profanity, Steph said McCoy has herpes, mocked his penis size, said his good friend had sex with his current girlfriend and also suggested that McCoy had recently performed oral sex on her in efforts to avoid child support payments.

McCoy replied that Steph was a "Broke bum" and a "nobody" who was trying to make her name off their son and told his followers to "Tell @Angelface0330 to get a job n stop begging for child support money she a BUM needs me to LIVE sad!!!"

He also said "I hit u n a week without knowing ya name .. My son the only reason u have a life u broke stop frontn on IG ...U BUM."

LeSean McCoy has honest, accurate and insightful opinions on other players and is courageous enough to share them.

On Osi Umenyiora:

quote:

Overrated n soft 3rd best d-line on his team honestly.

quote:

I think he thinks that he is better than what he really is. I think he is a ballerina in a Giants uniform. Other than that, that is all I got to say about Osi.

On Knowshon Moreno:

quote:

Knowshon sucks

On Tim Tebow:

quote:

My son is two, I’ll take my son over Tim Tebow.”

But sometimes LeSean McCoy just likes to cut loose and have a good time.

quote:

In December 2012, McCoy allegedly sprayed one of 15 women he had invited onto a party bus with water, ordered his body guard to “get her” (assault her) when she complained, poured some party bus beverages on her while she was restrained on the party bus floor, and then left her on the side of the New Jersey Turnpike.

LeSean McCoy, Superstar.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
What's your point exactly?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

NC-17 posted:

This is "Let's get to know players" not "have a point"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NC-17 posted:

That the Eagles as an organization are loving hilariously two-faced, I think. What's yours?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
I don't think it was really ever about the "gang ties" for the Eagles. They just didn't think he was worth the money.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NC-17 posted:

I don't think it was really ever about the "gang ties" for the Eagles. They just didn't think he was worth the money.

The fact that they've allowed the media to run that narrative is pretty shameful then. So either way they're laughable goons.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Hey, this thread is about getting to know players, not about who is the shittiest poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
It isn't a player, but this is the first cool thing the Hawks mascot has done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg2zT6eXqTc

• Locked thread