Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Spyro was a good game, and you are doing a good LP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

all in time for the series to be saved by a new beginning

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

This thread made me realize I've never actually played Hero's Tail.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Well it had this guy

Who kinda looks like they took Spyro and just pulled an OC Donut Steel

Still can't be worse than Shadow Legacy

I can't wait to gain experience and level up my Spyro, fuckin' A

Fun fact: Shadow Legacy was the last original series game to be made.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I think Spyro 1 benefits from not having the endless minigames problem of Spyro 3 and, to a lesser extent, 2. It's just a fun platformer where you fly around sometimes, and that's admirable.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

better luck next time

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Enter the Dragonfly was super bad and kind of unforgivable. I haven't played Hero's Tail but I heard it's just mediocre instead of terrible, and I haven't played Shadow Legacy either but just from that gif posted earlier I think I don't want to.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

yeah, it has the good old nintendo dark world light world gimmick that has never gotten dated or overused

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

jobroskie posted:

I love Spyro. I 100% Spyro 2 one summer to unlock the mega fireball thing you get. The worst part about it was that by the time you got it you had no use for it.

If you load a save file with that upgrade, then start a new game, you'll have it in the new game.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Spyro 1 looks cool but what if Hunter... was a furry Legolas? He could team up with Lizard Frodo and save the world!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

dijon du jour posted:

Didn't this happen in Spyro 2? Except he teamed up with Goat Gandolf.

I was trying to make a joke about Dawn of the Dragon, but you're right, that did happen and I forgot about it.

Magic Crafter's World is the best world, of those I can remember. Running really drat fast is surprisingly amusing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Deathwind posted:

Do you like lovely FMV games and early 90s 3d? I hope so as that's about everything it had.

not true, it had an exclusive jrpg too

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

at least skylanders is better than Spyro Orange

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Vorpal Cat posted:

I kind of respect the evil marketing genus who came up with the idea for skylanders. They're pure evil but you have to admire the genus of it, its like a license to steel money from parents of young kids. And now Disney is getting in on the action with Disney Infinity.

I'm personally eagerly awaiting Halflifers Gordon's Adventure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Personally if I had kids I would buy them toys, I don't know.

• Locked thread