Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

...I think next time would be a good time to talk about what the gently caress happened with Enter the Dragonfly.

What? Load times that rivaled Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, bad framerates, and sound issues made the game bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

this is in spyro 3 and it makes me so mad

That is fantastic.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Sonic 06-level load times, terrible framerate, graphical issues, unrealized ideas, the game being pushed out for a christmas release when it was LITERALLY A LITTLE OVER A THIRD DONE, with TONS of cut content. I've heard of saves locking and saves corrupting too. It wasn't great.

oh. Maybe I still have some rose colored glasses, because I really didn't think it was THAT bad...

Jakuzure Nonon posted:

Tree Tops is a bullshit level that can gently caress itself. Screw Tree Tops.

I may have not played much Spyro 1 (Played more of 2 and 3), but there is one level that is still burned into my mind. Screw Tree Tops!

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

Mortimer posted:

what the gently caress is skylanders and what does it have to do with spyro?

Its essentially "hmm, how can we get kids to buy lovely action figures and kill a video game franchise at the same time?"

Apparently It's working really well for them

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013
I just hope we never reach the point where if you ask a kid what Spyro is, he responds with "He's one of the characters in Skylanders, right?" :shepicide:

That track really was :krad:, I wonder why we didn't get it...

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Jesus I didn't realize it made THAT much money.

Yup. In fact, last christmas, it and COD where The number one and two in terms of sales in december in the US.

All is lost for a reboot spyro game, or a real one that will be anywhere close to the old ones.

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I remember there being a Crash/Spyro crossover on I think GBA.

You would be correct! There was Spyro Orange and Crash Purple. They did boil down into a series of mini-games, but I do remember them not being too bad...

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

So Eurocom literally got their inspiration from fanfiction.net?

Now I see why I didn't play anything after Enter the Dragonfly...

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

It also helps if you want to get a few of the skill points you need to unlock the Epilogue (like those no-hit boss runs :argh:)

well, that and the charge jump.

Is it wrong that I was able to do those for the first two bosses without the super flame?

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

crowfeathers posted:

Spyro 1 looks cool but what if Hunter... was a furry Legolas? He could team up with Lizard Frodo and save the world!

dijon du jour posted:

Didn't this happen in Spyro 2? Except he teamed up with Goat Gandolf.

Yup.

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

Archaedes posted:

Tree Tops can be easily replicated by jumping off your house's roof, followed by crying for roughly 15-20 minutes.

I believe that's canonical. Spyro took one look at the level, jumped off a tree and cried. Gnasty Gnorc felt bad, so he let all the dragons go and gave him all the gems.

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

Chimera-gui posted:

Enter the Dragonfly was definitely released incomplete

I don't know where you would have gotten that impression...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperman1992
Jul 18, 2013

dijon du jour posted:

It's a good thing justafriend won't LP Enter the Dragonfly. If he tried to show off all the glitches every video would be an hour long.

Actually, the updates would only be about 10 minutes, but the load times would make it an hour

• Locked thread