Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archaedes
Nov 3, 2013

AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley

Please stop killing my childhood, I don't need reminders that I outgrew Spyro and that it was turned into a cash cow. I mean, the endless bombardment of Skylanders expansion packs wasnt enough of a constant reminder. :cry:

Archaedes fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Feb 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archaedes
Nov 3, 2013

AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
You know, after playing this again, I have to say that Tree Top wasnt as bad as I remember it. Although the level is still designed by Satan and is unreasonably hard for the age of the target audience, I died way more on Misty Bog and Twilight Harbour. Seriously, gently caress Attack Frogs.

Although Tree Tops will still have that special spot in my nightmares.

Archaedes
Nov 3, 2013

AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley

Nihilarian posted:

Did I miss you doing Treetops?

Tree Tops can be easily replicated by jumping off your house's roof, followed by crying for roughly 15-20 minutes.

Archaedes
Nov 3, 2013

AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley

Hyperman1992 posted:

I believe that's canonical. Spyro took one look at the level, jumped off a tree and cried. Gnasty Gnorc felt bad, so he let all the dragons go and gave him all the gems.

I like this ending because then Enter the Dragonfly and the god-awful DS games didnt happen and we would all be much more happier as a result.

Archaedes
Nov 3, 2013

AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Are you saying you want to lose the pinnacle of human achievement and culture?

I can honestly say, from the bottom of my heart, that the only piece of human achievement that should be kept for generations to come should be this masterpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archaedes
Nov 3, 2013

AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley

Wordybird posted:

I agree. Say what you will about Hero's Tale, but it was at least competently programmed and somewhat fun to play. Enter the Dragonfly was held together by string and prayers, and only just at that. Plus Hero's Tale wasn't afraid to try something different, even if it didn't work out as well. Gotta give it some props for that.

I will happily admit that I 100%ed Hero's Tale. I loving loved that game as a kid. Nowdays I dont know why, but Im going to chalk it down to the colour scheme.

• Locked thread