Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Dr. Carwash posted:

will there ever be another successful mmo on the scale of WoW??

nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Dr. Carwash posted:

will there ever be another successful mmo on the scale of WoW??

no, mmo's as a genre are on their way out

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

I literally just got a beta invite to TESO. Just now.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Slybo posted:

I literally just got a beta invite to TESO. Just now.

play it and share your thoughts with us, gbs

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Omi-Polari posted:

hey remember shadowbane

i remember seeing that box all the time in stores and getting pc games like black and white instead. did it manage to not suck?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i just got a beta invite to hearthstone, is it good?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
^^^ I'm gonna' go way out on a limb here and say that it didn't manage that, no.

stoutfish posted:

play it and share your thoughts with us, gbs

alternatively look at the size and immediately decide against ever bothering

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
hey I heard the next es game that comes out is gonna be sky rim 2: beyond bruma

minus world
Sep 23, 2009

"good poster"
the last good game in the series was morrowind. the witcher series is the next king now and i cant wait to play the gem that is witcher 3

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

I saw copies of Tabula Rasa in a K-Mart a year ago.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Tweet Me Balls posted:

i remember seeing that box all the time in stores and getting pc games like black and white instead. did it manage to not suck?

It was cool because it had player housing and pvp

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ashgromnies posted:

Why the gently caress does everyone frame MMOs in terms of challenging WoW now? WoW is terrible. It shouldn't be emulated or challenged, rather MMOs should be designed without any regard for it whatsoever.

I understand it was the most popular MMO, but gently caress it anyways, it sucks and always has.

Basically, if you think WoW is/was good and are hating on TES then I don't care what you say.

I don't give a gently caress about WoW, but every single MMO since forever has been trying to steal WoW's playerbase, TES Online is no different.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
The next es game is going to take place where the cat people live. I wonder what the mods for that game will be like.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's not going to be good. i agree op.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Xaris posted:

i just got a beta invite to hearthstone, is it good?

it's easy to play and matches are p quick

you might as well try it out because you'll figure out rather quickly if it's your poo poo or not

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW
i kind of wonder what would constitute a fun mmo, assuming no tech barriers

basically anything that would make a good mmo (freedom) would also make nobody want to play because you could always lose all your poo poo by not being good at the game instead of just assuming the time = xp formula in wow and every other poo poo game. this is why eve is the best

minus world
Sep 23, 2009

"good poster"
Didn't WoW come out in 2004? It's incredible that no MMO has managed to top it in 10 years.

minus world
Sep 23, 2009

"good poster"
the new everquest should be on everybodys hype list though

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

fauxical posted:

Didn't WoW come out in 2004? It's incredible that no MMO has managed to top it in 10 years.

Tbh I don't even think Blizzard can top WoW. That new secret MMO they're working on is going to flop like a dead fish. They've created a monster and they can't destroy it.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

fauxical posted:

i made some posts about this

fauxical posted:

yeah, i can't wait to pay money to create content for the dev team

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

fauxical posted:

or no mmos at all

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Kid Gloves posted:

i kind of wonder what would constitute a fun mmo, assuming no tech barriers

basically anything that would make a good mmo (freedom) would also make nobody want to play because you could always lose all your poo poo by not being good at the game instead of just assuming the time = xp formula in wow and every other poo poo game. this is why eve is the best

if you make an mmo with too much freedom people start to realize that they can just leave the computer and go live their lives for free if they want to contend with people who are smarter/stronger/luckier than them that want to take their poo poo

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW

Tweet Me Balls posted:

if you make an mmo with too much freedom people start to realize that they can just leave the computer and go live their lives for free if they want to contend with people who are smarter/stronger/luckier than them that want to take their poo poo

maybe all mmos are lovely

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I heard EVE was p. good.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Kid Gloves posted:

maybe all mmos are lovely

the future of mmo's will only come about when we all have anime cyberbrains and completing mundane internet tasks directly stimulates your pleasure centers

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

SweetKarma posted:

Tbh I don't even think Blizzard can top WoW. That new secret MMO they're working on is going to flop like a dead fish. They've created a monster and they can't destroy it.

It's going to get repackaged into WoW2, or someshit.

minus world
Sep 23, 2009

"good poster"
i just wonder how much longer until blizzard caves in and makes it F2P with microtransactions to draw more people back in.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I was excited for Elder Scrolls Online because I had heard nothing about it and because I'm dumb. Turns out it's a stupid MMO just like everyone was afraid of. I'd post screenshots but they put my email address all over the screen so nobody can post screenshots and have people go "oh it looks like poo poo + email addresses" or maybe it's supposed to look like that.
This is what it looked like

bethesda hire me

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

probably around the point when people stop being willing to pay for microtransactions and a subscription

minus world
Sep 23, 2009

"good poster"

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I was excited for Elder Scrolls Online because I had heard nothing about it and because I'm dumb. Turns out it's a stupid MMO just like everyone was afraid of. I'd post screenshots but they put my email address all over the screen so nobody can post screenshots and have people go "oh it looks like poo poo + email addresses" or maybe it's supposed to look like that.
This is what it looked like

bethesda hire me

what the gently caress is up with that question mark? this really is a miserable pile of poo poo.

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW
fuckin lol it looks like they just made WoW agian

hey gamers switch from WoW to this clone of WoW except its under a different franchie and doesnt have 10 years worth of content and bugfixes for ya

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

fauxical posted:

what the gently caress is up with that question mark? this really is a miserable pile of poo poo.

:ssh: it was edited in :ssh:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
gettin some wild homo vibes from this thread

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

stoutfish posted:

:ssh: it was edited in :ssh:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

hi hello

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

oh hey

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

you must get and enjoy them a lot to be so well attuned

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
i cant wait t play the beta tommorow gently caress you OP negative nancy

Crotch Turtles
May 1, 2005

by Lowtax
also got a beta thing, is it really 21 gigs?

i need the space for my hentai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Got my character made. Let's do this.

• Locked thread