Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
lizard wizard is playing this right? someone cyber with him and record the logs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Crotch Turtles posted:

also got a beta thing,

Since its a stress test I think everyone who ever signed up for the beta is getting this e-mail.
Its only good for 3 days so they can test their servers.

gently caress em.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

THE PWNER posted:

i cant wait t play the beta tommorow gently caress you OP negative nancy

prepare to diebe profoundly disappointed

njark
Apr 26, 2008

Show them the Wasteland

By Azura, by Azura, by Azura! It's the Grand Champion! I can't believe it's you! Standing here! Next to me!

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

stoutfish posted:

uh excuse me it's called yiffing thank you very much

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

stoutfish posted:

as an experienced "ironic" cyber-sexhaver, i will do this "for the lols"

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Tweet Me Balls posted:

as an experienced "ironic" cyber-sexhaver, i will do this "for the lols"

put on your robe and wizard hat

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

stoutfish posted:

wizards don't do it with other wizards man, that's a sin against god

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Philthy posted:

but WOW is cool and they are making millions we can do that too cmon guys lets do this yeaaaa

Isn't WOW dying from bleeding thousands of subscribers daily, which is what spurred Blizzard into actually making games again (i.e. Hearthstone)?

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

stoutfish posted:

i enchant my gear with charged j/o crystals instead of filled soul gems

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Don Tacorleone posted:

Isn't WOW dying from bleeding thousands of subscribers daily, which is what spurred Blizzard into actually making games again (i.e. Hearthstone)?

It's the end of an xpac, and most subscribe for like 6-9 months then take a break for like the same amount of time and come back when big patches comes out.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

my new dog posted:

cry somewhere else

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

if you have ever ever EVER played any of bethesdas games and witnessed how hosed up and buggy they are how can you expect a loving mmo from them to be good

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Mr. Mallory posted:

i was in the beta and it was legit absolutely awful

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

roboshit posted:

if you have ever ever EVER played any of bethesdas games and witnessed how hosed up and buggy they are how can you expect a loving mmo from them to be good

they're not even the ones making it

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
i got into the beta and never played because the game is clearly a huge piece of poo poo. also skyrim had the worst combat of all time

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

I was playing way too much Neverwinter Online and one day they had an event and I was chasing pigs and chickens into a coop and I was like wtf am I doing. So I quit that and then I thought signing up to beta test TESO would be a good idea. I even put that I was in the Goon EVE crew as a lie on the application, yes it had a huge rear end application.

When I finally downloaded all 20 gigs of it and a beta test started I couldn't believe what a pile of poo poo that game was. It reminded me of a Greenlight submission where some guy was trying to singlehandedly recreate Skyrim.

tl,dr: it gay, im gay

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

I was playing way too much Neverwinter Online and one day they had an event and I was chasing pigs and chickens into a coop and I was like wtf am I doing. So I quit that and then I thought signing up to beta test TESO would be a good idea. I even put that I was in the Goon EVE crew as a lie on the application, yes it had a huge rear end application.

When I finally downloaded all 20 gigs of it and a beta test started I couldn't believe what a pile of poo poo that game was. It reminded me of a Greenlight submission where some guy was trying to singlehandedly recreate Skyrim.

tl,dr: it gay, im gay

I have tried Neverwinter and found the mechanics fun to play even if it turns into a steaming pile of boring crap at level 60, is TESO actually worse? Neverwinter for all its faults is fun to actually play, the action game style is decent.

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

roboshit posted:

see this could be cool b/c imagine exploiting all those bugs to use against other idiots playing the bad game with you and instead of laughing to urself ur laughing with ur friends and/or at other idiots who are getting really mad ur ruining their Elder Scrolls Experience

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

roboshit posted:

To be fair, I don't think Beth is handling this one but if they are then great, more fuel for the fire.

It just seems like most MMOs rely more on time based skills with cooldowns and I'm really not sure how that's going to work for the ES formula. If they aren't doing that (which I think is the case) I still found most of the combat pretty boring. What made the ES games fun was discovery and I just won't have that feeling knowing I'm in a world with 1,000 other heroes.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Don Tacorleone posted:

ten years is a hell of a run, and any mmo that tries to enter now can't reclaim that lost audience because they are now playing dota/league or phone games

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
When did MMORPGs just start being called MMOs?

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Three keystrokes is a lot of work, mang.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
But you could pronounce it "more pigs" which was kinda cool.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Omi-Polari posted:

hey remember shadowbane

Holy poo poo. I thought I was the only person to ever play this game.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Last_Ranger posted:

To be fair, I don't think Beth is handling this one but if they are then great, more fuel for the fire.

It just seems like most MMOs rely more on time based skills with cooldowns and I'm really not sure how that's going to work for the ES formula. If they aren't doing that (which I think is the case) I still found most of the combat pretty boring. What made the ES games fun was discovery and I just won't have that feeling knowing I'm in a world with 1,000 other heroes.

It's probably gonna pretty much be like Skyrim, but with some keybond abilities, gonna be a shitshow on the consoles because of the lack of buttons.

edit- yeah pretty much

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

bonermobile posted:

see this could be cool b/c imagine exploiting all those bugs to use against other idiots playing the bad game with you and instead of laughing to urself ur laughing with ur friends and/or at other idiots who are getting really mad ur ruining their Elder Scrolls Experience

Paying to play an mmo you dont actually like because there might be a bug in it that you could exploit

lol, goons will throw away their money on any old poo poo.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

at least the interface looks a lot better than skyrim

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

the beginning of the game is really dark so i upped the gamma and your email is all over the screen. you'd think if they where competent developers they'd add that stuff post printscreen but they aren't and also the game sucks poo poo.

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Paying to play an mmo you dont actually like because there might be a bug in it that you could exploit

lol, goons will throw away their money on any old poo poo.
lol who said anything about paying for it

that would literally be the only redeemable thing about this game, broken funny stuff but that still doesn't justify $60 up front + $15 per month

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

i give this game 3 months before it becomes f2p

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

Don Tacorleone posted:

Yeah WoW has been steadily losing subs since 2010, hence the uptick in poo poo you can buy for real money.

WoW's actually the reason I've never played an Elder Scrolls game for more than ten minutes. I've already reached my lifetime limit on grind and generic fantasy bullshit so it does nothing for me. Same reason I can't get invested in Guild Wars 2 or SWTOR. I feel nothing.

Hearthstone is fun though. I just don't see why I'd ever spend money on it.

minus world
Sep 23, 2009

"good poster"
man i really want to replay oblivion because of this thread. are there any releases on steam that have all of the DLC or was that stuff all garbage?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

fauxical posted:

man i really want to replay oblivion because of this thread. are there any releases on steam that have all of the DLC or was that stuff all garbage?

play skyrim or morrowind or daggerfall instead, oblivion is a bad game. a really, really bad game. just completely, irredeemably awful.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Cannot Find Server posted:

play skyrim or morrowind or daggerfall instead, oblivion is a bad game. a really, really bad game. just completely, irredeemably awful.

what if I just really, really looking at horse anuses

would you recommend oblivion to me then

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

SweetKarma posted:

Tbh I don't even think Blizzard can top WoW. That new secret MMO they're working on is going to flop like a dead fish. They've created a monster and they can't destroy it.

they already scrapped it lol

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT

Tweet Me Balls posted:

if you make an mmo with too much freedom people start to realize that they can just leave the computer and go live their lives for free if they want to contend with people who are smarter/stronger/luckier than them that want to take their poo poo

i cant stab people and cast spells irl tho

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
CAREFUL OUTLANDER

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
The only good mmo is Planetside 2 and that's because it's a 2k person shootman game with tanks and planes. Jump in and play for 15 minutes or 15 hours it's all good in the hood buddies. Free too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BambooEarpick posted:

Holy poo poo. I thought I was the only person to ever play this game.
correction: you were the only other person to play shadowbane.

• Locked thread