Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

steinrokkan posted:

Hey, person I've never met, would you like to marry me?

depends, are you american?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

bef posted:

Thats hilarious

Whenever I pull up my inventory and I chug a health potion, my enemies sit frozen in time because its completely canon

quote:

“The immobile warrior is never fatigued. He cuts sleep holes in the middle of a battle to regain his strength.” - 36 Lessons, Sermon 23

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

lol

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

bef posted:

What is CHIM?

CHIM is the actual realization that everything is being dreamed up by a singular Thing, The Godhead. As such you are personally just a tiny facet of the Godhead. This realization normally leads to you blinking out of existence because you cannot hold onto your sense of self while also being everything else. For those individuals who can do so it means you get limited control over the "dream". CHIM does not translate into the ability to arbitrarily shape reality though, you exist as an entity in a story to which you belong, what you change has to fit the the themes and ideas of the story.

Cannot Find Server posted:

it basically means that anything you mod into the game is canon because you are a god who has figured out how to do god things. it's a novel way of doing things i guess. it made sense in morrowind since you actually were a god in that game, less so in oblivion where you were just some dude and Skyrim where you were a reborn hero but not really a god at all.

I'm just going to assume you were in fact bullshitting an intentionally shuffled the heroes and games up.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
i got into the beta but the patch client disappears and doesnt do anything after i start it

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
you like to dance close to the fire don't you

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
i need to try this and wildstar out so i can decide which is the bigger trainwreck

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

wildstar is just a more polished wow clone then others.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

rainy day posted:

i need to try this and wildstar out so i can decide which is the bigger trainwreck

By weight of ~celebrity voice actors~ ESO by far

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

rainy day posted:

depends, are you american?

But... but I'm wearing the amulet of Mara, you have no right to stipulate.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Arivia posted:

By weight of ~celebrity voice actors~ ESO by far

my favorite was the text to speech voice actor they had in there. not sure if they removed it by now and im not gonna play it again to find out

K. Farb
Aug 6, 2009

I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here.
gw2 is ok, play that once through at least

Darse
Jan 14, 2008
Wake up young man.
Ryzom was obviously the greatest MMO.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
WoW is the only mmo that ever mattered

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

question: in ESO, when you cast a fear or frenzy spell on another person, what happens?

another question: what happens if everyone acquires enchanted items to get 100% chameleon?

another one: if you knock a valuable weapon out of another player's hands, does the game let you pick it up?

and a final one: is money still completely worthless like in all the single player games?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Prettz posted:

question: in ESO, when you cast a fear or frenzy spell on another person, what happens?

another question: what happens if everyone acquires enchanted items to get 100% chameleon?

another one: if you knock a valuable weapon out of another player's hands, does the game let you pick it up?

and a final one: is money still completely worthless like in all the single player games?

it is TES in name only so all of these game mechanics don't exist

also, you can't steal/pickpocket and wolves drop armor pieces

it's kind of like that dream where you are naked in class except you are TES in a wow clone

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
This game just irritates me on every aspect.

The story is bad. Every quest is a dull affair in which you wade through fetch quests and bad writing (In the Argonian part of the Ebonheart Pact, they all say this cringe-worthy catchphrase, "Stay moist!" :wtc:) to do something you don't care about for people you can't even remember the name of.

The lore of The Elder Scrolls is being pissed on. The titular Elder Scrolls are used as Capture the Flag buffs. Argonians are acting friendly to their former slavemasters, and Dark Elves are letting a Nord into their most sacred city despite the fact that Nords have done nothing but raid their homeland since they arrived on the continent. The Aldmeri Dominion exists years before it should. Imperials are worshiping Daedra.

Finally, the price gouging is ridiculous. It's subscription based, 60 dollars, and has a cash shop. You also have to pay launch day prices to play as your favorite race in any covenant you want, and loads of money if you want to play as an Imperial.

In conclusion, gently caress this game. I'm glad no one is excited for it.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
guys guys i got an idea, elder scrolls based on wow, it'll be perfect

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
when this was announced i was really hoping it would be as big a disaster as SWTOR but the best part of watching that game crash and burn was the thousands and thousands of people who rushed to its/biowares defense in increasingly desperate ways and this time around even most people on zenimaxs forums are saying it sucks so its not nearly as funny

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
That video trailer which has nothing to do with the actual gameplay looked pretty cool though.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Entropic posted:

That video trailer which has nothing to do with the actual gameplay looked pretty cool though.

is that the one where everybody is scared because an ancient evil suddenly returns just like in the last 2 tes or is that a different one

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Stay Moist might be my new personal catchphrase, look out for it in 2014 kids

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

bef posted:

What is CHIM?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lyKxKn_WsE

kind of explains it really

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

correct.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Lonely Virgil posted:

It's gonna be filled with furries and elf women with 10 inch dicks wanting to erp.

It could be far worse. TESO could have been Second Life 2.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

reminder you dont actually get exp from killing mobs

or doing anything that isnt completing a quest

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

grimcreaper posted:

It could be far worse. TESO could have been Second Life 2.

that would have been better than what it actually is you piece of poo poo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

reminder you dont actually get exp from killing mobs

or doing anything that isnt completing a quest

reminder that the video that gif came from was leaked in april and the game hasnt changed at all

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

reminder that the video that gif came from was leaked in april and the game hasnt changed at all

I don't see what the problem is. Finally a Elder Scrolls game where the Mudcrab is something to fear is a good thing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

2009 GOTY

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

lightning bolt
lightning bolt

lightning boltlightning boltlightning bolt

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Fallout online would have been a much better idea.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Still waiting for Myst Online.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Lonely Virgil posted:

ESO is going to be poo poo because you they will not visit any of the insane parts of the Elder Scroll's world. It'll just be generic fantasy country and generic icy fantasy country.

They could make it about the interesting parts of the Elder Scrolls world but then it would not be about white people and thus you would lose the entitled white male demographic. It's like the game industry version of creationism that entitled, bigoted, angry hetero white males are absolutely key and your game cannot make money without them; everyone believes it even though it's not true.

Cyrodiil was the most boring TES setting ever, it was like France but without any of the interesting places like the Pyrenees or the Riviera. Skyrim was a step up but I liked it better when it was called New Zealand.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 7, 2014

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Friend works on ESO customer support.
He even says its going to bomb.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Woolie Wool posted:

They could make it about the interesting parts of the Elder Scrolls world but then it would not be about white people and thus you would lose the entitled white male demographic. It's like the game industry version of creationism that entitled, bigoted, angry hetero white males are absolutely key and your game cannot make money without them; everyone believes it even though it's not true.

Cyrodiil was the most boring TES setting ever, it was like France but without any of the interesting places like the Pyrenees or the Riviera. Skyrim was a step up but I liked it better when it was called New Zealand.

You're reading way too into this, man. All of this can be explained by one simple fact: Bethesda is lazy. Trees and castles are easier than swamps and houses made of insect wings and poetry.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

happyhippy posted:

Friend works on ESO customer support.
He even says its going to bomb.

Should probably start looking for a new job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

is there literally anyone in the world who wants to play this. anyone at all who saw that they were making an elder scrolls mmo and thought "now that looks extremely my poo poo"

• Locked thread