Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

dijon du jour posted:

The adventure begins...

So are there three different rows in the party? How does the game deal with that? Is it something like

high damage/low defense
average damage/average defense
low damage (except with long range attacks)/high defense?

There's two rows, and it determines who can be hit with what range weapons and who can use what range weapons against the enemy. First three characters can use and get hit by short-range weapons. Beyond that, reach weapons, projectiles, spells, and the guard parry are necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah you might want to switch the Bishop and the Ninja, if it works like 7. 8 is completely different as it has a circular area where you can set up your positions. Hmm was Ninjutsu the hiding skill? Could have sworn both Monks and Ninjas could hide like crazy. I am also amazed at that Pixie Monk's strength. Also does 6 start you with no gear? I think in 7 you needed to go into your inventory and actually equip your gear.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Ryuujin posted:

Yeah you might want to switch the Bishop and the Ninja, if it works like 7. 8 is completely different as it has a circular area where you can set up your positions. Hmm was Ninjutsu the hiding skill? Could have sworn both Monks and Ninjas could hide like crazy. I am also amazed at that Pixie Monk's strength. Also does 6 start you with no gear? I think in 7 you needed to go into your inventory and actually equip your gear.

It starts you with basic class gear, but I wanted to make a dumb MGS1 joke.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Oh god, this party is going to go down as soon as they meet their first marauding squirrel or the like. Relatedly, what happens when a character dies in this game? is it pretty much impossible to bring them back, or..?

TwistedSynapse
Dec 31, 2012

Voted Most Purple Wizard
2007, 2009, 2011, and 2014
You used both Sterv AND Snake? :neckbeard:

Also Sterv totally just needs to continually fix everyone's armor to get those +5s in endurance :v:

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Update 3: Actual gameplay!

Very well, we started a new game, but we had nothing to see or say about it just then. Character generation was done and the first step was taken, but nothing was accomplished ingame. Let's see if we can change that today.

BUT ALSO, GRID CARTOGRAPHER. Seriously, I cannot state how great this thing is.
As far as I know, doors in Wizardry are edge based. So, let's use that. If you have any interest on playing old (or not so old) first person dungeon crawlers, this thing is a godsend.

AND IT HAS A KEYBOARD MODE. So you can just alt+tab out of it and do things really fast with just a few keystrokes. I find that it works better this way.

It is quite flexible. Seriously, the best thing since graphing paper. There are several possible configurations, with this blueprint one being the default. I'll show other configurations after this post.

ANYWAYS, let's go back to Wizardry.

I am really glad that GOG removed the DRM.

Well, there is no turning back. The door is closed.

So, let's set that up. Door closed. Locked. Impassable for the moment.

So instead let us map this place a little while. Right now we have no cardinal direction indicator. The compass has no needle.

So, the only way to get our bearings at the moment is through the map.

: "NO ONE THOUGHT OF BRINGING A COMPASS? WHAT KIND OF ADVENTURERS ARE YOU? "
: "A compass is neither a sword nor a snack. Thus I brought neither."
: "I have natural sense of direction! We are, uh... Facing south! It smells like south!"
: "It smells like mold, dust, stone and decay."
: "LET'S ALL JUST SEE WHAT IS BEYOND THIS ENTRANCE. WE MIGHT FIND SOMETHING THAT WILL BE OF MORE USE THAN YOUR LACK OF PREPARATIONS."
: "I really thought this was supposed to be a procure on site mission."

: "Hrng, it's locked."

And here we have our first locked door. We can unlock them through several means. We can force it with a strong character, or we can try to pick it.

This is what it looks like. Snake cannot pick it. You need to press Enter as many times as there is a colored square. If the square stops in green, it is a success. If all stop in green, the door is open.
Snake does not get anything but red. We can't pick doors just yet.

: "I... I can't do it."

So instead let us try to force it.

: "Make way, pipsqueak. Let me show you how a REAL FIGHTER does it."

Similarly, in this case we have two bars, the top bar is fluctuating wildly, while the lower bar is static. The lower bar indicates the resistance of the door. The upper one, well, the force that is being used to force it. TINKLEE is rather strong (18, I think?) so it is not difficult.

I still almost fail at it though, if it matches it, it opens. If it exceeds it, it opens, but if the red bar is longer, well, it remains closed.

Oh boy. Ten animated, flesh eating plant things.

Let's see what can be done.

Snake can be sneaky, hide, and then try to punch people from the shadows. He IS a stealth operative, after all.

... Punches? What?

At least he was moderately effective.

: "My body is a weapon."

poo poo. He has ONE point left of unlife.

: "THIS SHALL NOT REMAIN UNCONTESTED."

So, let us make use of one of his magic spells. He has 4 magic points. One can choose what level/strength the spell can use, having stronger effects, and a higher cost in magic.

DETPOPE is hurt, so let's use it on him.

Ah, this. THis is something I should've done before.

See that?
He is naked.
EVERYONE IS NAKED. You need to manually equip ALL THE STARTING GEAR. I wandered into the first encounter naked. That is not good.

: "Weapons are for those that have not mastered discipline over one's own body."
: "Having armor on would be safer."

So let's give TINYSAN his weapons.

: "Prepare to taste Hanzo Steel, vegetable interlopers!"

Yeah. That is better.

Now, with the proper equipment, Tinysan gets two possible attacks. I don't think thrusting a sword would be effective against plant tentacles, but swinging might do the trick.
I like the detail that it shows what they have on their hands. Little details.

Snake is still in the shadows, but he hasn't got poo poo equipped. Let's see if his shuriken does anything.

DETPOPE, as well, has nothing on his bony frame. He does have a bitchin' hat stashed though.

STERV is a starving catbard, so he has only tattered cloth gear. And his lute.
Using the Lute all the time is a good idea.

MONMOON has psychic abilities, but after two turns, he is spent.

Yes! Yes! SPLIT IT WIDE OPEN.

RULES OF... wait what?

: "It avoided my attack!? IT CANNOT BE"
: "No, you just missed. HERE IS HOW IT IS DONE."

Well now. That was quite a punch there.

: "AGH, I pulled my back!"

Meanwhile, STERV finds out that the skills that got him kicked out of the taverns are actually useful in the field of battle. He is so boring that he puts PLANTS to sleep.

Not bad for a band of naked idiots, and one decked samurai that can't hit a goddamn barn.

Eeeh.

Empty.

So, let's map it up.

Well, nothing in that room, so let's just equip everyone with their respective gear. Tinklee shall equip her gear. BUt possibly get rid of the bo soon.

Tinysan already has his stuff on.

SNAKE has no weapon though. Hm. He recovered the shuriken he fumbled? Strange. Will check that later.

Also you can check things about the items.
I have NO IDEA what the first two lines mean. At all.

DETPOPE has a bunch of things, and full spellcazting ability, it seems.

I don't think STERV will be using his sling and the stone bullets that much, but he shall SING THE SONG OF HIS PEOPLE.

MONMOON has an interesting thing, though.

Usable? It makes him harder to hit if used in battle? I have no idea.

The party, exhausted after a single fight, decides to rest for a bit before facing the rest of the dangers of the Castle.

Well, that was not much mapping done.

Next things shall be in way way less detail.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Hopefully the thread wont explode in pixel jihad like the sandcastle last time this came up but, man, look at those poor dice.

This is 320x200. It is the native game resolution:

This is 640x400, a point resize:

This is 640x480, a triangle-filtered resampling of the above. It gives the same aspect ratio as a typical dos display at the cost of blur:

I didn't play the series until 7 so I'm not entirely sure but going by that compass Wizardry 6 doesn't care about rectangular pixels and aspect ratios so neither should you.

Edit: Or crop a black row and do 960x597, that works. I'll just get back to reading then and come back to a 3 page argument tomorrow, then. Also, that cartographer program looks pretty damned fantastic.

Xerophyte fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 8, 2014

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
I should mess around with the gog launcher's graphical options I guess :P
Was just using the defaults for non-fullscreen. Shall change stuffs for the next one.

Edit: Okay, changed to normal2x retaining aspect ratio (It was at normal3x WITHOUT retaining aspect ratio on the launcher). Shall alter settings on things for the next update.

Luisfe fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 8, 2014

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
To clarify: Aspect ratio settings on old games are stupid and inconsistent. I mostly mentioned it for completeness but I think you probably you don't want to retain aspect ratio here. It's useful if the circles aren't circles and everything looks short, which should be the case if the developers were diligent and compensated for the displays of the time. Sirtech apparently didn't give a drat about that stuff; that compass graphic is circular as is. So normal2x or normal3x seems about right.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Update 3.5: Mapping Concerns.

Well, Grid Cartographer has several map themes. Themes. For map graphics. That's a thing.

First we have the default one. Blueprints. Readable, easily understandable, easy on the eyes. High contrast between the lines and the background. I like it.

Then we have black on white. Again, easy to read but it is harder on the eyes due to, well, WHITE BACKGROUND.

White on black is similar, only opposite. It works.

Blue on white. Agh. Less readable than black on white. and equally eye searing. Was it meant to emulate actual graphing paper? I have no idea. I don't like it.

OH GOD NO KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Parchment! Classy but it makes filesizes blow up CONSIDERABLY. Sure, I forgot to pass this through PNGOUT, but it is more than ten times as big as most of the others.

And finally, this one. It also is larger than the others in filesize, but not as much as parchment is. It is rather unfitting for Wizardry. Or IS IT?

Which is the mapping style that should be taken?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
I'm kind of partial to the last one, honestly. If only because of Snake.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Luisfe posted:

Also you can check things about the items.
I have NO IDEA what the first two lines mean. At all.

Usable? It makes him harder to hit if used in battle? I have no idea.
Those two lines are the race and class restrictions of the item.
The shadow cloak can be worn by all races except F. And only by the classes T,B and N.
Giving it to snake would probably be best.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
MF are gender restrictions, which are rarer, IIRC. But Valkyrie starting eq might include a chainmail bikini or something. Shuriken are equipped, pretty sure. Make sure DETPOPE equips his staff, he should be able to poke with it. Might be worth seeing if STERV can equip the bo or somesuch juggling. Singing is a big stamina drain, I think.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Just stick with the regular theme, for now.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tylana posted:

MF are gender restrictions, which are rarer, IIRC. But Valkyrie starting eq might include a chainmail bikini or something.

Close! Valkyrie starting kit is a spear, leather helmet, fur halter, chamois skirt, and sandals.

There's actually a lot of very useful female-only equipment in this series. The studded leather bra +2 (I am not joking) is a terrific piece of armor for the point in the game when it appears.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Also you probably don't want Twinklee to equip that Bo, unless you can still punch while the Bo is equipped. But if I remember right you don't have any points in the Bo skill and a bunch in the Foot & Hand skill, also Monks can be murder machines with their bare hands if it works like in 7.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Oh yes. This game taught me the words chamois and halter.

Now we've our starting party, perhaps you should show off the points required to be class chart, Luisfe? Just so people can see how high you have to roll for some stuff. (I nearly always took the easiest race for any class. Minmax 4ever)

EDIT : Although, doublechecking my ancient deadtree copy, I guess nothing needs the 30s I recall trying for. Maybe that was 7.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 8, 2014

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
I gotta say I'm partial to that last map option. Put in another vote for that one.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I like white on black

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I vote for the last option, looks too hardcore not to use.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I vote for purple on cyan. We need something reminiscent of classic Wizardry.

Crazy Dastard
Aug 30, 2004

"Typhoid, rattlers, and now drownin' in rivers? I think we need ourselves a new leader, or we're goin' the way o' the Donner Party."

Ryuujin posted:

Also you probably don't want Twinklee to equip that Bo, unless you can still punch while the Bo is equipped. But if I remember right you don't have any points in the Bo skill and a bunch in the Foot & Hand skill, also Monks can be murder machines with their bare hands if it works like in 7.

This is true. Unlike D&D 3.5, where Monks actually NEED to start wielding weapons as they level up or end up inferior, Monks and Ninja in Wizardry only get more lethal with their bare hands because their damage and attacks/round continue to climb without them.

Lusife, I can understand you're playing this game blind, but I suggest you at least read the manual to learn basic game mechanics (besides, it's actually very entertaining, there's plenty of humorous remarks in it). This is a game from the era before tutorials where the development team put a lot of time and effort into their manuals and players were expected to read them to know what they were doing. It explains everything from the interface to the player stats screen. I'm lucky to have a physical copy of the game and thus the actual manual, so I'm spared the hassle of resizing and scrolling through a PDF at least.

The lack of a pure priest is going to make the early game kind of rough because Bishops don't really come into their own until much higher levels, so healing may be rather limited, but I'm glad you have several martial characters to simplify combat, and as you saw the bard's instruments make for really awesome early-game power since they're not based on spell points. As you'll learn from the manual, the party's configuration does determine who can attack from what positions, so everyone in the back rows will need to equip Extended reach weapons or missile weapons if they want to attack (I believe your Bard and Psionic are simply stuck with bows unless you have the Bard hide in shadows, then he can sneak attack anyone with a melee weapon). Picking all spellcasters or hybrid casters was a good tactic since Wiz 6 seems to have a glitch where a non-magic class that changes professions into a casting class can't regenerate spell points (something I learned the hard way on an early playthrough).

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Crazy Dastard posted:

The lack of a pure priest is going to make the early game kind of rough because Bishops don't really come into their own until much higher levels, so healing may be rather limited, but I'm glad you have several martial characters to simplify combat, and as you saw the bard's instruments make for really awesome early-game power since they're not based on spell points. As you'll learn from the manual, the party's configuration does determine who can attack from what positions, so everyone in the back rows will need to equip Extended reach weapons or missile weapons if they want to attack (I believe your Bard and Psionic are simply stuck with bows unless you have the Bard hide in shadows, then he can sneak attack anyone with a melee weapon). Picking all spellcasters or hybrid casters was a good tactic since Wiz 6 seems to have a glitch where a non-magic class that changes professions into a casting class can't regenerate spell points (something I learned the hard way on an early playthrough).

What really concerns me, personally, is the lack of a priest or alchemist for early access to blinding flash, silence, cure lesser condition, cure poison, etc. Conditions and condition removal are powerful tools in Wizardry 6 and 7, and lacking them will be a problem.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Yeah I am giving the manual a look, which I should've done a year ago when I got it on gog. Old manuals are always fun to read.

Here it is, the table. A Lizardman Lord would've needed a roll of 23 to get to be a Lord. drat!

No idea if the documentation is in the Steam version, but that one has been CONSIDERABLY cheaper than the GOG versions.
All 3 for like 3.75 bux which was cheaper than Wizardry 8 itself? Hell yeah, but I did not get them on steam. I already had them on GOG and I was already not playing them there.

Honestly, GOG is a goddamn amazing service. I had played Wiz8 like 10 years ago and loved it, but now that there is a way to get them OFFICIALLY and for cheap? Of course I am gonna go for it. Steam and GOG are really impressive. 10 years ago I would've expected to have at most 10 to 15 original PC games, due to price and relative rarity of software where I live. Now? Well, I have like a 100 things installed on Steam (and not playing them :P)

Luisfe fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 9, 2014

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
That's a male Faerie being a lord. Hmm. Male Lizardman Bishop is hardest? You've a decent range of secondary casters I think, but as spell learning is skill point spending (or so the manual tells me) it's not as auto great as like, Wizardry : Labyrinth of Lost Souls. OTOH, you don't require a bishop to ID either.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Wizardries 6-8 are pretty great, but man do they feel old -- especially 6. The PS2 wizardry might be my favorite though.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Tylana posted:

That's a male Faerie being a lord. Hmm. Male Lizardman Bishop is hardest? You've a decent range of secondary casters I think, but as spell learning is skill point spending (or so the manual tells me) it's not as auto great as like, Wizardry : Labyrinth of Lost Souls. OTOH, you don't require a bishop to ID either.

Was typo, haha. How the hell do I typo 1 instead of 3. Eh I dunno. On IRC today I am almost typing as if drunk when I haven't had anything to drink.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
My sympathies. Those days come to us all. It'll be interesting to see if the LP format (and mapping) makes it easier for you to make progress in this. Can't be worse than Strange Journey, right?

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
The song of Sterv's people.

Loving this LP so far. Wizardry LPs are always fun.

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.

Kloro posted:

Not to delve too far into other-LP talk, but are you sure you don't mean this one! :sterv:

And I wasn't even born when this game first came out! Dang.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

This LP is a kind of magic, but did the party have one prize? One Goal? One golden glance at what could be? I guess since they need Death Pope no mortal man can win this day.

I'll be honest, I came here only for Sterv and this game actually looks pretty cool. I get the feeling I'm gonna get a lot of laughs at the interparty talk.

Fantastic Alice fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 9, 2014

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Kloro posted:

I believe you're thinking of this song. :sterv:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Death Pope is the best thing to happen to the Let's Play sub-forum. There, I said it. :colbert:

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Okay, I cannot use the Sci Fi theme. It makes my laptop's processor overheat for some reason. I really don't get it.

It slows everything down and makes the processor go over 90 Celsius. That is a very very bad thing.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Fine, if your computer is going to wimp out on us like that then I change my vote to glorious cyan and fuchsia. :colbert:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Luisfe posted:

Okay, I cannot use the Sci Fi theme. It makes my laptop's processor overheat for some reason. I really don't get it.

It slows everything down and makes the processor go over 90 Celsius. That is a very very bad thing.

Ugh, voted 1 and unsubscribed.

(I also vote for the Cyan theme.)

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Cyan theme will be used on the update after the next one (because I already captured stuff using parchment and regular, which DO NOT make the processor and fan freak out).

Seriously, that is really really weird.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Personally I like parchment for that authentic feel, but it sounded like that might make some crazy file sizes.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Definitely go for Parchment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Update 04

It's a drat shame. I actually do like this theme, and it is quite readable. That door was closed. TINKLEE opened it.

: "You just have to put your back into it!"
: "I have no idea how she does it."

: "EMPTY. WASTED EFFORT. LET'S MOVE ON. IT MUST BE SOMEWHERE AROUND HERE."
: "What is he talking about? Felpurr is curious about it."
: "Didn't you read the flyer? We are here in search of the fabled Cosmic Forge! A strong sword was required, so I answered the call."
: "Felpurr grabbed the first flyer there was when thrown out of tavern. Details unimportnat."
: "So you came here without even knowing WHAT you were going to do? Well, that is a way to get in trouble, I guess."

So yeah. There was nothing on that room. Fortunately, there are other rooms! Also I hosed it up here. Also, notice how THIS map screen is over 10 times as big in a png as the OTHERS. Yeah. I like this one, but it is a)Not as readable, b)Way way way larger in PNG form.

TINKLEE is gonna be our goddamn doorpusher until we get SNAKE or STERV a couple more points into Skulduggery so we can actually PICK the goddamn doors.

Nothing! Oh well. It was worth trying!

Here we have a treasure, though!

When chests are there, we need to INSPECT IT because it will very very likely be trapped. This one is.

Sin? What?

: "I smell a trap!"

: "There is definitely something, but I am not sure what it is..."

: "IT IS EITHER A SET OF VORPAL BLADES, IN WHICH CASE YOU ARE DEAD, OR A POISONED DAGGER, IN WHICH CASE YOU ARE MAIMED AND SUFFERING. CHOOSE WISELY."
: "Poison Dagger!?"

And it was. Hooray.

Hooray! That is a good thing! No one died, and everyone got a bunch of xp.

: "I'll take the Dirks! "

I don't know why I gave this to MONMOON, but I did so there it is.

: "NO! I DEMAND THE MAGICAL GRIMOIRE!"

So, every race can use the Book of Directions, but only mages, bishops, bards and... Uh, samurai? can use it. Not priests, not fighters, not Lords.

Let's give it to DETPOPE.

The Dirk is a thrown weapon. Bah! It cannot be used by priests, bishops or... Uh, I forget what the second M is. Bah.

SNAKE has no points in thrown, last I checked, but he is a ninja, how bad can he be with them?

DETPOPE gets the book.

: "THESE RUNES. THEIR MEANING ELUDES ME!"
: "How does someone become a Bishop without learning how to read?"
: "SILENCE, MINION, I SHALL READ THIS. IN TIME. I WILL!"

Uuuh. Okay. I am gonna assume that this one is a single use spell.

SNAKE gets the cloak though, since MONMOON cannot use it.

: "This should give me a good edge on the battlefield."

There it was.

So let's use one of the pro features in Grid Cartographer! NOTES! You can add several! This was our first treasure. So let us mark it. Also that door on the right is supposed to be on the wall. Should fix that. Eventually.

ADVANCING!

This was probably supposed to be the FIRST though.

: "I'm sure it is clean!"

"A cure but twice, and healing thrice, one life for thee times seven."

We get three potions of light healing, one cure light condition, one poison cure and an amulet of life. Which if the poem it came with was right, will work to revive a character seven times.

: "I SHALL BE THE CUSTODIAN OF LIFE AND DEATH."

So DETPOPE gets the amulet of Life.

A mysterious fountain! Let's see if anything horrible happens!

: "I am parched after kicking all those doors down!"

: "But how does it taste?"
: "Not bad! It is fresh water!"

Behind it we have a door, and two sets of stairs going up.

"Perched high above the room has log turned sour, as it sits condemned to languish in its own final sentence. If there is any last judgement to be decreed upon this fallen chamber and tarnished throne, it must be gleaned from the decay that it laps upon its own dais as itself festers and rots, bearing witness to emptiness, filth and stench, silently weeping tears of its own despoiled substance."

: "THIS THRONE ROOM HAS REMAINED EMPTY FOR FAR TOO LONG. "

So let's see what is in the southern door.

Yeah, this one.

: "Rats! You must be getting pretty hungry, right friend?"
: "Felpurr feels insulted! Besides felpurr is not that hungry again just yet."

Yeah, so far, we have seen a couple of rat variants, and some vines. Flesh eating vines.

But apparently quite empty. Except that in this corner, if one utilices the "Search" function...

Wait what.

: "A PALTRY SUM FOR A LIFE."

To the north we have...

Unknown, eh? Those unknown things sound rather gross!

Here you find the gross residue.

Directly across the first chest, we have another thing. Also I might've hosed up the map. Damnit, I am bad at this! I will fix it on the next one.

Good.

Huh, nice!

: "I follow the way of the sword. Its honor should fall on my hands."

: "... What IS this thing? It is far too heavy and unbalanced! "

Aaand here we have a slight issue.
The sword of striking is a very good weapon. But no one in the party can use it. Faeries cannot even hold it, it is a big sword.
The only classes that can make us of it are Fighters, Valkyries, and Lords. Oh well.

Next: God drat I hate you, why vote for the EGA theme. Why.
Damnit why must the Sci Fi theme melt my computer.

Luisfe fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 9, 2014

• Locked thread