Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Oh god. This game brings mixed memories. I didn't get tooo far, but I do remember a lack of NPCs, shops, or a feeling of getting anywhere. The last of which I also felt in 7, so maybe I'm just not Wizardry material.

You have lizardman and dracon right. Dracons are dragon people, agile and like to spit. Do you get a copy of the manual on GOG?

I'll suggest a Rawulf Lord, with the Rawulf portrait. Maybe called Sir Barksalot. They are handy IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
SIRWOOF then if you go for Doglord?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Faerie names : SPARKLE? TWINKLE? MRSFLAP (or MRFLAPS)? DUSTY?

I'd probably suggest a mage. I'm not sure how forgiving this game is on party make up, but at leat you can make new peeps and try to grind them back up, IIRC?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
MF are gender restrictions, which are rarer, IIRC. But Valkyrie starting eq might include a chainmail bikini or something. Shuriken are equipped, pretty sure. Make sure DETPOPE equips his staff, he should be able to poke with it. Might be worth seeing if STERV can equip the bo or somesuch juggling. Singing is a big stamina drain, I think.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Oh yes. This game taught me the words chamois and halter.

Now we've our starting party, perhaps you should show off the points required to be class chart, Luisfe? Just so people can see how high you have to roll for some stuff. (I nearly always took the easiest race for any class. Minmax 4ever)

EDIT : Although, doublechecking my ancient deadtree copy, I guess nothing needs the 30s I recall trying for. Maybe that was 7.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 8, 2014

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
That's a male Faerie being a lord. Hmm. Male Lizardman Bishop is hardest? You've a decent range of secondary casters I think, but as spell learning is skill point spending (or so the manual tells me) it's not as auto great as like, Wizardry : Labyrinth of Lost Souls. OTOH, you don't require a bishop to ID either.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
My sympathies. Those days come to us all. It'll be interesting to see if the LP format (and mapping) makes it easier for you to make progress in this. Can't be worse than Strange Journey, right?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Outside exists? Man, I super sucked at this as a kid. I don't think the series mechanic of class swapping is explained in the manual. At least not what it is meant to do? (I.E. get more skill points, and more varied spells). Stat growth is pretty weird too, if the japanese Wizardry on the PS3 is anything to compare to.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Aha. I thought it rubberbanded around values based on class/race/level. Wouldn't surprise me if not. Can they go down too in the US Wizardrys?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I can't help but assume Snoopcheri is either a beagle, or a mouse. Maybe Ultima6 warped me in my youth?

With the maps, I think being used to the map style is more useful than having a good style. It's about ease of access to the information it's giving.

Best of luck getting to a new page! I'm not sure how much discussion this LP will bring. But time will tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Not thank Monks can use it anyway. It might be one of the better reasons to start with a Valkyrie.

• Locked thread