Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]

Luisfe posted:

I sent an email to David Walters (Maker of Grid Cartographer) and he responded with a fix to the "VDU theme causes processor to overload". Will try that. If even that does not function adequately, well, it is goddamn cyan graphics. MY EYES.

Edit: And it worked. Removing the post-processing (so, removing the scanlinesy thing) allows me to run both dosbox and it without my computer melting. It is slightly less pretty but it works. With the post-processing, the thing would make my computer's processor be above 90 Celsius by itself, without it? Comfortably working at 55 or so. Really weird.

I'm glad you got that sorted out. It is quite an expensive effect for what you gain visually. It makes my old 9800GT fan start to spin up too, which is why you have the option.

Still hoping for the visual onslaught of the CGA theme!

Hidden Asbestos fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]

Luisfe posted:

Update tomorrow. Updating SJ today and addicted to The Secret World.
Looking forward to it! This is showing that I'm totally awful at this game even when I thought I was sort of doing okay.

Also, in terms of the mapping - have you considered turning off the major grid lines and axis values, they just seem to be cluttering up your view at the moment?

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]

Luisfe posted:

Or the day after tomorrow for the update. Horrible migraine today and the aspirin/paracetamol I've taken either aren't working or haven't kicked in. Can't stare at screen for long today.

Kill or cure with the CGA map theme!

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]
I still believe in you Luisfe!

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]
Hey Luisfe, I just sent you a PM about adding Wiz6 auto-mapping to Grid Cartographer :heysexy:

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]
Congrats Luisfe!

( Looking forward to Wiz 7 ;-) )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidden Asbestos
Nov 24, 2003
[placeholder]

Luisfe posted:

My original plan was to be using Grid Cartographer for all of them (and not taking this long to finish the dang thread) but clearly that was not to be the case.

:smithicide:

I've not even started auto-tracking support for Wiz7 yet (been working on M&M3 and support for other systems like PSX). Grid Cartographer does 100% support Wizardry 6 now though (we just pipped you to the post on the end game stuff but ... too little too late ;) )

Good luck, I know even less about 7 so it'll be fun to see the gang embark on the next chapter!

Hidden Asbestos fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 17, 2016

• Locked thread