Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sheltleth
May 7, 2005

In as mantidae. Adding everyone from this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So I'm slogging my way through the tutorial. Not sure what I'm learning though, it's just a bunch of "click here! Ok now click here! Now here!!"

I don't know how to describe it, but I don't like games that have this kind of presentation style. Like all the cheap f2p games kind of look the same, in the art style & the tool tips and such.

The games that have gotten their hooks into me, P&D and Marvel Puzzle Quest, look unique. I wonder if that's part of the reason?

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

Voodoo posted:

In as WedgieSA and I added a bunch of people. This game certainly has a lot of random places to earn free currencies.

Couple of questions!

- Should I just be dumping all of my 1 and 2 star cards into my main hero? How about weapons? Just do whatever early, or save all of the cards for 4 star items?

- Are there specific times/events when it's best to use spin vouchers or pal points for summons?

- Does the Magic House just add all of it's attributes to your party?

-Early on, yes. Once you hit PLvl 60 though, you unlock the Adv. Functions option which lets you refine those useless 1 and 2 star cards into fusion stones (which you'll need a hell of a lot of). I'd say you can use anything to level a hero up to about 20 or 30, then you should only be using chest monsters to offset the gold costs. Same principle goes for gear.

-Not really. Spin vouchers you have two options with: hold on to them until a Destiny Spin event comes around (10 vouchers = 1 spin on that) or just use them outright. If you're lucky, you can get pieces for a 6* hero on Destiny Spin, but there are are two 5* heroes, Maximus and Vrezh, on the normal spin. Neither one is really THAT great, but would be a boon for any early-game player. As far as pal points go, I would use them until you get enough 3* heroes to start you off, and then hoard the hell out of them until you hit 60 and then use the resulting summons for fusion stone fodder.

-The Magic House options apply to all members in your party, as far as I can tell. I would work on maximizing Energy first (more energy = more Tower runs), then ATK or HP, then DEF, then anything else that you prefer.

Hope that helps.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Voodoo posted:

- Should I just be dumping all of my 1 and 2 star cards into my main hero? How about weapons? Just do whatever early, or save all of the cards for 4 star items?

This is going to sound needlessly complicated and someone can correct me if they have had a better (and easier) method, but fortify your chest monster and pearl cards. They give more hero/gear xp than regular cards and once they reach level 10 the xp they give is doubled. What I do is bank the pearl/chest monster cards and then use them all at once in the hope that the random fortify multipliers happen. Mingus Dew covered what you should do post-Lv60 and by that point you should be getting enough chest monsters, King CMs, pearls and big pearls to cover you so that you can spare all the other cards for fusion stones.

Voodoo posted:

- Are there specific times/events when it's best to use spin vouchers or pal points for summons?

The game seems to reward max spins and max summons, so save them up to do 11x or 100x. It's probably the same yield as doing it one at a time but it feels more satisfying and you get a small discount.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

How long is this event going to go? I have three of those special summon tickets, and am tempted to just use them when I get 5, because I doubt I will.manage to get 50 within a week or so.

There is a big update coming this month. One of the new features is you can use special summon ticket at any time. Other features include a new shop, more friends, and guilds.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Im bored so I started this, ingame name FrickenSA . I have no idea what I'm doing though! The engrish is strong with this one.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

How long is this event going to go? I have three of those special summon tickets, and am tempted to just use them when I get 5, because I doubt I will.manage to get 50 within a week or so.

Hang on to your tickets for now. In the next update (later this month) they're making Special Summon a permanent feature.

FrickenMoron posted:

Im bored so I started this, ingame name FrickenSA . I have no idea what I'm doing though! The engrish is strong with this one.

It might behoove one of us to write a new player guide, but in the mean time the PK wiki will have a ton of info that you'll find useful. As a newbie, your goals should be threefold:

1 - Round out your team (starter + Agrila) with at least another 3* hero (if you use the VIP strategy mentioned in the OP, Azalea isn't a bad third)

2 - Unlock facilities by leveling up. The most important ones are the Event Hall (for all the login gifts and events and such), the Magic House (allows you to spend Honor to increase your team's stats), and the Tower (experience and courage ahoy!)

3 - Start your starter on the path to evolution. Ideally, you'll want to get them as high leveled as quickly as possible, as once you have access to Fusion Stones at lv60 you can evolve them into 4*, 5*, and 6* heroes.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Is there a reward for grinding out the four cards from each level of the tower?

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Voodoo posted:

Is there a reward for grinding out the four cards from each level of the tower?

You get gold, diamonds, star chests and XP roughly equal to what you got for clearing it. In earlier stages it's worth the trouble but in later towers where it's 20 energy per cost, it starts to become more of a chore.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
I'm in as RehabSub. Looks like an interesting game, but man, is there alot of different things you can do.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I am really bad at upgrading my gear and heroes - and my Talia needs 4 star crystals of two types, and the darker green Dungeon Crystals... well I barely have 1 3 star and a handful of 1 stars. Is there some quick way to get these?

My team is kinda lovely, but I got Azalea and at level 50 threw a 3 star goblin guy (Strakos?) into it.

I'm not very good at this game, and keep spending all my gold on buying pearls and chests to upgrade my gear/heroes, but there's just so much to upgrade. Six items for each four heroes for twenty four items and four heroes....

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

KittyEmpress posted:

I am really bad at upgrading my gear and heroes - and my Talia needs 4 star crystals of two types, and the darker green Dungeon Crystals... well I barely have 1 3 star and a handful of 1 stars. Is there some quick way to get these?

My team is kinda lovely, but I got Azalea and at level 50 threw a 3 star goblin guy (Strakos?) into it.

I'm not very good at this game, and keep spending all my gold on buying pearls and chests to upgrade my gear/heroes, but there's just so much to upgrade. Six items for each four heroes for twenty four items and four heroes....

Dont use your gold on that stuff. You should be doing the tower as much as possible and then using the courage from that to do the event tower. Also start trying to unlock and complete some elite dungeons. Soon you'll have more upgrade fodder than you know what to do with.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

vulturesrow posted:

Dont use your gold on that stuff. You should be doing the tower as much as possible and then using the courage from that to do the event tower. Also start trying to unlock and complete some elite dungeons. Soon you'll have more upgrade fodder than you know what to do with.

I've done every elite dungeon besides Desert using friends, but I barely ever get upgrade fodder from that or the tower (or event tower). Though I'm only on tower 11 so maybe it gets more common.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

KittyEmpress posted:

I've done every elite dungeon besides Desert using friends, but I barely ever get upgrade fodder from that or the tower (or event tower). Though I'm only on tower 11 so maybe it gets more common.

Make sure all the towers you've done so far were done through level 5. Check the spine of the book and see what it says on earlier ones. Someone had to explain this to me so I apologize if you've already done that.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

I don't spend money on pearls or chest unless it is for a quest. Star chest is usually the best thing to spend money on. They cost half as much as the pearl and chest exp. It gives a ton of crystal, stones, prestige, and chest/pearls. If you get lucky you can get diamonds, booster stones, and 4* equipment plans.

Edit: I forgot star chest can drop summon vouchers. It is the only to get summon voucher via gold.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 7, 2014

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

vulturesrow posted:

Make sure all the towers you've done so far were done through level 5. Check the spine of the book and see what it says on earlier ones. Someone had to explain this to me so I apologize if you've already done that.

No, I have not, and the game didn't teach that. :v: thanks. The better I think I get at this game, the worse I actually turn out to be.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

No, I have not, and the game didn't teach that. :v: thanks. The better I think I get at this game, the worse I actually turn out to be.

Don't worry I got all the way to floor 21 before figuring that one out. On the plus I can say the rewards are still lovely. Though I got a few 3 stars heroes on the later floors. Course by that time I already had a team of 5* heroes.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Shwqa posted:

Don't worry I got all the way to floor 21 before figuring that one out. On the plus I can say the rewards are still lovely. Though I got a few 3 stars heroes on the later floors. Course by that time I already had a team of 5* heroes.

THey are not that great but the courage/energy ratio is a little better and you go through floors faster so more stuff faster. Its worth maxing them out I think.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Woo rank 974 in that event...

movin' up in the world.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Woo I got the mysterious merchant hero. 20% gold gain :getin:

Also I can solo gates 1 and 2 and deal like 95% of gate 3's boss. Gate 4 is kicking my rear end though.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Shwqa posted:

Woo I got the mysterious merchant hero. 20% gold gain :getin:

Also I can solo gates 1 and 2 and deal like 95% of gate 3's boss. Gate 4 is kicking my rear end though.

Are you the one who had Nexara or whatever? I tried to choose your awesome reaper scythe person to fight the end boss of the desert Elite dungeon, and got a level 19 mysterious merchant instead. It was terrible!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

Are you the one who had Nexara or whatever? I tried to choose your awesome reaper scythe person to fight the end boss of the desert Elite dungeon, and got a level 19 mysterious merchant instead. It was terrible!

Hahaha yeah that is me. Sorry I forgot to switch back. She is my current leader again. Least I put some levels in the merchant.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
What's good to purchase at the market?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

^^Here ya go.

Niton posted:

So what do I do with <Insert Currency Here>?

• Booster Gems: If you started with Rhee, you'll want to pick up Sir Rogas, who is a fantastic tank. If you started with Talia or Jansen, you'll want to pick up Nexara, who is widely considered to be the best 5* mage due to ease of acquisition and Leader Skill. After you get all of the 5* heroes you're interested in, switch to either Booster Treasure Chests or Evolution Material plans, as you see fit.
  • Courage Gems: All of the Courage Gem heroes are very good, but they're also incredibly expensive (40k for the 5*, 200k for the 6*). Allon is generally considered the most useful of the heroes, as he's a tank with the only full-formation stun in the entire game. Once you get him, though, you'll probably just want to buy Courage Treasure Chests for the loot inside.

dontaht
Aug 4, 2007
In as Choom. I'll start sending out friend requests today.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Something about rankings makes me want to do the event more than any of the rewards. I enjoy numbers going up.

Are there any rewards for the lower rankings though, or is everything pre-top 10 (where I'd need a maxed out team and as many friends as possible) pointless?

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug

KittyEmpress posted:

Something about rankings makes me want to do the event more than any of the rewards. I enjoy numbers going up.

Are there any rewards for the lower rankings though, or is everything pre-top 10 (where I'd need a maxed out team and as many friends as possible) pointless?

At the end of the event you get gold equal to the amount of points you earned in it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

The prizes loop so you get courage gems, booster gems, diamonds, the 3x damage to boss potion, gold and repeat. I'm always happy to get that courage gem bonus, because by that time I can have enough buy 3 pieces of a hero. But I'm have 159 pieces of Allon so I'm pretty close to getting him.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Shwqa posted:

The prizes loop so you get courage gems, booster gems, diamonds, the 3x damage to boss potion, gold and repeat. I'm always happy to get that courage gem bonus, because by that time I can have enough buy 3 pieces of a hero. But I'm have 159 pieces of Allon so I'm pretty close to getting him.

I have.... 6 :v:

I don't think I'll ever get him.

Edit: does powering up Talia carry over to Adept/Master Talia?

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 7, 2014

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

KittyEmpress posted:

Edit: does powering up Talia carry over to Adept/Master Talia?

Yes, and evolving Talia is how you get adept and master.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Yes, and evolving Talia is how you get adept and master.

Well I mean powering up as in the power up crystals, not evolving or fortifying.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

KittyEmpress posted:

Well I mean powering up as in the power up crystals, not evolving or fortifying.

Yeah, they do. The stuff that resets is levels (to 30) and Awakened state.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
My account wouldn't connect to my fake Facebook account, so I contacted their tech support. They got all my stuff transferred, then tonight I see a 5000 diamond message in my mailbox as 'compensation' for my tech support issue. :stare:

Not gonna complain.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Dang valatar :stare:

Anyways I got a new goon training room up. If you got hidden training house unlock come find my room. The password is goon

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Would you guys recommend still trying to pick up Rogas? I have Agrila and Master Wu right now, with Grendia and Rhee in the back row. Trying to figure out who that third tank should be.

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

Can't say no to these janky free games, in as Sticks.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I hope some of these new people find using my character as a minion as useful as I found all of yours'.

But uh, speaking of which being useful, is there any quick way to get dungeon crystals?

Or how about quick ways for summoning vouchers...?

My team sucks, and people with 15 less levels than me have twice to three times my 'power' rating according to the arena, and I don't know how to fix this.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

vulturesrow posted:

Would you guys recommend still trying to pick up Rogas? I have Agrila and Master Wu right now, with Grendia and Rhee in the back row. Trying to figure out who that third tank should be.

If your close to get Allon then probably not. Otherwise yes. Sir rogas kicks rear end. Mine has 103k hp and heals 14,000 when he uses his ability. Plus he has a tiger and a cat :3:

Edit: a picture because why not

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 8, 2014

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Shwqa posted:

If your close to get Allon then probably not. Otherwise yes. Sir rogas kicks rear end. Mine has 101k hp and heals 14,000 when he uses his ability. Plus he has a tiger and a cat :3:

Well I haven't actually started buying any pieces. I'm currently sitting on 1511 Courage Gems and 69 Booster Gems...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

vulturesrow posted:

Well I haven't actually started buying any pieces. I'm currently sitting on 1511 Courage Gems and 69 Booster Gems...

Then I would say do it. It going to take such a long time to get yourself Allon.

• Locked thread