Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

VagueRant posted:

There's a terrible subplot with horrible implications where everyone is super paranoid about increased Islamic terrorism and there's this middle eastern teenage boy whose parents have gone missing and all his neighbours are shunning him because he's brown. But this lovely white family take him in. Then it turns out he IS a terrorist and he threatens the wife and son to force the dad/husband to go and help the terrorists.

Also the kid is Kumar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

Quick tip of the day, for fans who bailed in season six: Do give season seven a go. The new setting in Washington DC and largely new cast is absolutely worth your time.

A warning disclaimer: The 7th season sort of blows its load by episode 13 and just meanders around afterwards. The first 13 episodes are pretty good and everything else is still okay.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In the show's defense, Nixon came from California so a guy based off of him being from there.

Also LA is a nice place to live if you're rich.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I hope jack bauer kills a ton of dudes.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm just wondering how they will handwave away that little minor thing of Audrey being brain dead.

Don't worry it was only a lobotomy.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Is anyone going to point out that Abu Fayed isn't on that list? :tinfoil:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

I wonder why noone has yet questioned how Jack Bauer, who hides from everyone because he is believed to be an international terrorist, just randomly "intercepts a message", that says the US president is going to get killed, while the FBI, CIA, NSA, MI:5/6 are all totally unaware of it.

Because it's jack bauer.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Maybe it has nothing to do with the terrorist plot and he's just talking to china because he's the one who gave away the secrets?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hailthefish posted:

Also, GoT joke that's a GoT spoiler that you should definitely not mouseover unless you've read the books please don't ban me:
More like Lady loving Stoneheart :catstare:

Yes, explain the joke that'll suddenly make it funny to those who didn't get it.

regulargonzalez posted:

Ultimate bad guy on telephone = Yvonne Strahovski's husband and it's gonna come down to her taking him out at the end of the season

"Consider this a divorce"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aaron Pierce tackled Heller out of the way at the last second.

:rip:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

Was that the first time Jack straight up executed a person he had in custody for no reason?

Aside from Nina, that is.

Uh I think he had plenty of reasons when it came to nina.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Robocop I think? Oh yeah he shot the gently caress out of Starbuck too.

Yeah I think you might have missed a bit something if you think those two were without provocation.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

I will say I'm really disappointed that we won't get to see the actual theoretical outcome of Adrian Cross' insane and stupid plan. I kind of wish we could have seen where that would have gone.

It would have been every sub trying to blow up every carrier. Also Israel would use it as an excuse to nuke Iran; "Oh someone hijacked our comms network".

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hypersleep posted:

That was a pretty good fake out they put in that preview. Heller collapses, then you see a casket with an American flag draped over it. I'm pretty sure Audrey gets killed and that's why Heller collapses.

I think that's what they want us to think though.

the casket is for jack

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

As soon as I saw the Secretary of Offense dumping those pills on the floor I had flashbacks to all of the 25th Amendment nonsense in season 2 or whatever that was

You mean in season 6.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Wee Bairns posted:

You chose wisely.

In season 2 they did have a pretty legitimate causus belli.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Medullah posted:

Or they could completely flip expectations and it turns out the Russians wanted to recruit Jack after they found out the lengths he went to to protect his country. First episode is a plan to break Jack out, only to find that he's working with the Russians to stop terrorists from blowing up uhhhh Lenins corpse or something.

I want to see a show about russian counter terrorism featuring elite tactics such as unloading on a bus full of hostages with automatic rifles.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If stringer bell has a Katanna in his apartment why can't some russian guy?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Chuck Tanner posted:

Please don't compare shows for autistic children with the lord and savior, Jack Bauer.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

homo punching bag posted:

HOly poo poo the actress who plays Chloe is so terrible I couldn't even take this show seriously. I checked out a few "Best of" lists to find out if there's a consensus on the best season and it was Season 5 by a wide margin. SO I watched that, and she's JUST AS BAD. Years later and she speaks her line with absolutely no gravity, and appears to be looking to someone just off-camera to show her how to move her face to portray the emotion she should currently be expressing. I wish she took that bullet instead of the constant love interest. Is she related to Sutherland or a big time producer in real life? How did she remain employed since season one?

it's okay i'm gay too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lord Hydronium posted:

Oh, there would be no onscreen torture in the entire series. Now that's weird.

You forgot the part where Bauer threatened to shove a towel down that guys throat.

• Locked thread