Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

ninjahedgehog posted:

It's worth noting that Antonin Scalia cited 24 as a justification for torture in AN OFFICIAL RULING OF THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES.

No he didn't. He said that, it's a real quote, but it's not from an opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought he killed him since Jack was torturing him, and he did not want to be found out.

Yeah, he framed Jack for it.

I always thought anyone in high levels of government in the 24verse should be required to carry cards that said "1. Jack Bauer is always right 2. It's never Jack Bauer's fault". That would solve like 99% of the problems.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

wordsauce posted:

Lynne Kresge wasn't murdered, she fell down the stairs or something.

We don't know if she lived or died but she definitely :airquote: fell down the stairs :airquote:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

You can't mention the cougar storyline without saying how the cougar bit Elisha Cuthbert in real life on the set in between takes.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Ice cream out of the Cubs mug

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Yeah as much as people try to point to this whole show as a right-wing circlejerk (and make no mistake, the producers ARE right-wing crazies), there are just as many incidences of innocent people being tortured, torture not producing info, overly eager and incorrect hawkish foreign policy, incorrect racial profiling, corporations and greed as the ultimate evil (not Islam), etc., that you can just as easily say the show proves them wrong.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Well, now Mary Lynn Rajskub can dance on the grave of Television Without Pity

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

qntm posted:

Remind me how and when this happened.

This old guy who was gonna blackmail David Palmer started having a heart attack during a shouting match with Sherry and she withheld his pills and he died

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Damo posted:

Looks like 24 has been pulled from Netflix. Boo.

This is why I was happy to pay $15 here and there for various season box sets

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

I liked when he snuck up on the dude from behind and just said "hey" before wasting him

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Gonna be pretty funny when Star Wars 7 does the same thing

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Retail Slave posted:

Is this going to be a one-off series, or if the ratings are good are they going to bring the show back? Please let them bring the show back!!

They've made it sound like it won't be yearly and won't be 24 episodes but they are open to the idea of doing another short season if things go well.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

I guess "Operation Proteus" was the Drazen mission. The year sounds right.

It was called Operation Nightfall in season 1, or at least the specific mission to kill him was

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Sion posted:

I noticed that the tax disk in the car expired in 2014 - so either the TIMELINE is no longer accurate (dudes saying this should be happening in 2024 or something by this point) or that car was untaxed for like 10 years.

Also that didn't look even slightly like the houses of parliament. Imagine if- like, imagine if someone was like CUT TO: THE WHITE HOUSE and the next shot is the interior of, like, a steak house.

I think someone asked them once about how it should technically be that far in the future and they basically said that each season is just supposed to be a little bit ahead of the present day.

And yeah, even a selfish Yank like myself has seen enough shouting and ruckus from Parliament on TV to know that wasn't even close to it.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

If that's the case, wouldn't Michelle Fairley have a main cast credit then? Right now she's only listed as a guest star, which seems kind of odd thing to do if she really is the main antagonist.

There's no rhyme or reason to "guest star" credits

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Homicide Life on the Street had the best phone ring

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Logan can only say "THAT'S JACK BAUER!" in varying inflections, like when Mr. Burns wakes from the coma after being shot.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The gif of Heller getting blown up was pretty popular on Twitter today after England lost to Uruguay :v:

Holyshoot posted:

Yes it was said a few pages back they don't do that.

They did it on Prison Break but of course that was a lower-profile show

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The video game was really good story wise, but it was kind of a crap game.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Twee as gently caress posted:

Alpha Protocol: 24

It was a terrible mish mosh of good but half baked ideas that were executed poorly. Here's a shooting level, here's a sneaking level, here's a driving level, here's a QTE interrogation, here's a hacking mini game.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

What was Cross telling Chloe about Morris and her kid? That they weren't killed by accident?

Zero One posted:

The crossover with Last Resort.

This show owned and I'm pissed at that ripoff of it or whatever that's coming on. Only consolation is how much rear end Andre Braugher kicks on Brooklyn 99

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Echo Chamber posted:

I really hope that mug is the best selling thing in the Chicago Cubs Gift Shop.

I once saw one on ebay that was signed by Carlos Bernard

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Ravel posted:

Including Chase.

Maybe.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Bob Morales posted:

How come nobody's talking about Lynn McGill? :argh: He infuriated me so much.

His druggie sister and her idiot boyfriend had the dumbest scheme ever. "yeah this shady stranger is just going to give us cash for a stolen access card to a high security govt building and then leave us alone"

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

We can always hope they revive this project

Russian Die Hard sucked so, so hard.

Now, Russian 24...

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

VagueRant posted:

Jack's only ever f-bomb, from the season 4 prequel thing, moments after being fired from CTU:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVjPw8uehSg&t=152s

This is all we'd get from a movie anyway since two fucks = R rating

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

Every season, he loses another body part until he's just a head.

Like Futurama

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Oliver Reed posted:

There probably isn't an answer for this but why would FPJ wait so long to come out and say this? Did he want the publicity since 24 just had a great comeback season?

Pretty much, anything to get attention for the Disney tripe he's in now.

Anyway, Keef's agent: "Kiefer worked with Freddie Prinze, Jr. more than 5 years ago, and this is the first he has heard of Freddie's grievances"

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Arlo from season 8 is now a regular on Bones

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Mary Lynn Rajskub @rajskub · 7h 7 hours ago

Guy sitting right next to me. 'Have you ever watched the show 24?' Yes

'Has anyone ever told you that you look just like Chloe from 24?' Yes

'You look just like her' pulls up a photo. 'See there you are' that is actually me . 'Oh really? Ha my friends say I look like Jack Bauer'

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Not watching no-Jack 24 unless they replace him with David Hayter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

What the hell is there to bring back for Prison Break. Everyone hated how it false-started for so long and the last like, two seasons were entirely unnecessary. Then there was the grand finale TV movie that got dumped direct to DVD.

• Locked thread