Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
I'm surprised the US government still functions in 24-land given how many presidents have been assassinated or thrown out of office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Timby posted:

Richard Burgi is one of those actors where you just know he's a bad guy the moment he shows up. Same with how Sean Bean always dies, Christopher Lee and Alan Rickman are always bad, etc. ... or, for an example from the same season of 24, Michael Massee.

Fun fact: Burgi was originally cast to play Jack Bauer but the producers decided to go with a bigger name and hired Kiefer.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

My favorite part of season 6 is the fact that a nuke being detonated in an American city is pretty much forgotten about halfway through the season and is never mentioned again not once during the remainder of the series.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

A new preview's up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRhdoQTNhvk

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

"I don't have any friends" -Jack Bauer

:goonsay:

Any friend of his that wasn't killed or turned traitor, he physically assaulted or tortured.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Phenotype posted:

I might do a little rewatching this weekend, but someone mentioned it earlier in the thread: the only thing you need to know is that Jack Bauer is the ultimate badass who went into hiding to protect America. Also, no one ever believes him for some reason, even though he's always right.

Are there even any returning characters to worry about? I thought just about everyone except Chloe died over the last few seasons.

Only Heller and Audrey so far.

Gonz posted:

9 different Presidents in 14 years and 6 months. 10 if you count President Heller this season.

That's some third world banana republic poo poo right there.

That's on top of all the WMD attacks and other assorted national security failures. As I've said I'm honestly shocked that the US government still manages to function in the 24 world.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

The CO's pissed that you won't share any Episode 7 spoilers with him.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

24 and Godzilla it's the best loving night/month of my life.

The season finale should have Jack battling a 1,000 story tall radioactive George Mason.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Mark, the parliament must understand the severity of the Soviet threat!

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

His Alzheimer's is going to get someone killed :ohdear:

I'm calling it now, He's going to go senile during a nuclear standoff.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Did he just say Agent Walker? I think Heller's not the only one suffering from Alzheimer's.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

VagueRant posted:

So, I'm the only one that utterly hated all of it and took no ironic pleasure in it whatsoever? :smith:

Yes.

Alan Smithee posted:

Seeing Stephen Fry in the OP I just know he's going to turn out to be behind all the evil plots because those calculating Brits

Who is America's oldest enemy?

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155546/americas-oldest-enemy

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Retail Slave posted:

My favorite part of Jack's kill list is how it starts with Season one... as if Jack Bauer had never killed anyone at all before that as a hotshot director at CTU. And just the first names, too. The intern who put that list together got lazy.

*reads the list* Eddie?!? Jack killed Eddie?!? That bastard!

Jack's backstory is that he was Delta Force and CIA paramilitary. So really his body count should probably be in the four digit range.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Lord Hydronium posted:

What the gently caress? :psyduck:

The writers original intention was for it to be revealed that Philip had once raped Marilyn, and that Josh, Jack's nephew, was supposed to have been the product of that rape. The writers eventually decided to drop it, one of the few good story choices of that season.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

That was some Vic Mackey poo poo right there.

"What's your momma been puttin' in the corn muffin."

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

jscolon2.0 posted:

Jack just kneecapped two random people because why not.

Ah they've got universal healthcare, it'll be fine.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

I spent the last solid minute of that episode laughing hysterically at what an rear end in a top hat sociopath move that was.

Welcome back, 24, welcome back.

Don't forget next week when Jack Bauer, American Hero, shoots two Marines. I mean it's not like body armor issued to US serviceman has ever failed, right?

Narcissus1916 posted:

The vibe I got from interviews with the creative team is that they're treating this as both an awesome extended epilogue and cracking the door open to more stories. I really don't think the 24 concept works well as a movie at all, and would love to see them doing more "mini seasons" whenever FOX and the team drat well feel like it.

I wouldn't be all surprised if this is meant to lead to more 24 down the road. The last few years since the show originally went off the air haven't exactly been kind to FOX.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Margot will be revealed to be the pawn of a group oil barons trying to get at England's vast oil reserves.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Dresh posted:

I was so upset when they killed Renee, because this is literally why she existed in the first place. Maybe the mole will be on the badguys' side this time? We'll see someone who looks suspiciously like Renee working with the badguys, but it can't possibly be her because she has an eyepatch! Then the reveal happens...

That really pissed me off too. So the only reason you created a really good character like Renee was to kill her off so Jack would have a reason to get good and mad? Couldn't you have just killed Kim?

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

DivisionPost posted:

You could still get a decent Dirty Dozen/Magnificent Seven-esque season out of the people still alive. From what I remember, Chase is only short a hand, Tony's in a hole somewhere, of course you've got Belcheck, Kate, Chloe, and then there's Jack. If Agent Freddie Prinze Jr. is still alive (never finished Season 8) that's 7 people with distinct personalities, motivations, and/or skillsets. There are better shows out there that would die for such fertile dramatic soil.

Hey after Tony you could probably bring back the ones that died. Curtis, Bill, Renee, and President Palmer reanimated as universal soldiers or something.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Bob Morales posted:

Kate is everything agent freckles couldn't be.

You take that back!

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Chuck Tanner posted:

Nooo, Curtis! :(

The look on Curtis' face is what gets to me.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

thathonkey posted:

Im pretty sure all the displays of (oftentimes very brutal) torture being portrayed a totally effective method that yields 100% reliable information about terrorist activity that initially earned the show the reputation of "neocon fantasy"

Plus arent the original creators hardline conservatives or some such?

Yay, this poo poo again.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Chloe, I'm already a demon.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

It's funny that CTU would torture literally anyone, including the children of cabinet members, based on the flimsiest of evidence, but wouldn't dream of not honoring an immunity agreement with a dangerous terrorist who will almost certainly go on to kill again.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

In the same story, they're talking about bringing back Prison Break.

:psyduck:

It's been a rough couple of years for FOX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Sir Lemming posted:

While watching the last season I was like "Hmm yeah I guess I can see them continuing with Kate instead of Jack."

But now it's just like... nah. I'd have a hard time mustering up enough interest to start watching again if it didn't have Jack. And I'm pretty sure most viewers will feel the same way.

I'm also still moderately upset that 24: Die Hard Another Day never happened. Especially since the last Die Hard movie took place in Russia, and the last season of 24 ended with Jack going to Russia. Of course, Die Hard 5 came out before Live Another Day, but... so close. (It sure as hell would've made DH5 better. What wouldn't have?)

They actually wanted to do a Die Hard movie where John McClane and Jack Bauer teamed up, but it never got off the ground.

• Locked thread