Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'd think it would be more important to not spoil "the kragle"

It's actually right on the front of the box for the lego set of Lord Business's Evil Lair. Just right out in the open. I'd seen the pictures (briefly), knew the Kragle was supposed to be in the set, and still had no idea what it was supposed to be until I saw the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I was pretty impressed overall by the movies ability to do genuinely surprising reveals that I didn't figure out until it was basically too late. I imagine that has to be really hard to do at this point.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Before the Kragle reveal I totally thought the "legendary item that could destroy the whole universe" was going to be one of those plastic brick separators.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

To Be Continued...?!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Does anyone have a list of the "We're not going to talk about these" worlds?

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.
All I caught was Fabuland.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

William T. Hornaday posted:

All I caught was Fabuland.

So that's Fabuland, Speed Racer, Bionical...

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Does anyone have a list of the "We're not going to talk about these" worlds?

I saw four or five total worlds, but could only remember a couple-- Bionicle, Fabuland, and... I think the Friends line was one of them? There was a pink box that flashed by.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Ensign_Ricky posted:

...and then to say that President Business looks like Mitt Romney....Oh god, I have never been so glad to be Canadian in my life.

You don't see the resemblance?

:v:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Parasol Prophet posted:

I saw four or five total worlds, but could only remember a couple-- Bionicle, Fabuland, and... I think the Friends line was one of them? There was a pink box that flashed by.

Yep, it's Friends, Bionicle, Fabuland, and Speed Racer.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I only caught Fabuland and Bionicle, but are you sure it was Speed Racer? It would make more sense for it to be Jack Stone, since that would complete the "minifigs that aren't standard-shaped" gag(Bionicle had minifigs too in some sets!) and why she says "we don't talk about them". Wyldstyle is a Lego racist.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I think Bionicle would've been a cool world to have visited, even if only briefly. We probably didn't because Dad doesn't have any Bionicle, Friends, etc in his display :ssh:

Captain Invictus posted:

I only caught Fabuland and Bionicle, but are you sure it was Speed Racer? It would make more sense for it to be Jack Stone, since that would complete the "minifigs that aren't standard-shaped" gag(Bionicle had minifigs too in some sets!) and why she says "we don't talk about them". Wyldstyle is a Lego racist.

Moldist :argh:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Captain Invictus posted:

Speed Racer is definitely mentioned in the closing credits and I didn't notice it anywhere else in the movie, so I think so, yeah.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Well Manicured Man posted:

Before the Kragle reveal I totally thought the "legendary item that could destroy the whole universe" was going to be one of those plastic brick separators.
They spoiled it in commercials. Specifically that Lord Business was trying to glue the universe together.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Speed Racer is most definitely in there. I remember seeing it for a flash and thinking "They made Speed Racer Legos? Crazy."

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Casimir Radon posted:

They spoiled it in commercials. Specifically that Lord Business was trying to glue the universe together.

Yeah, I knew about the glue weeks ago, which is why the BIG twist was so delightful for me.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Spalec posted:

You don't see the resemblance?

:v:

Looks like Will Ferrell to me...

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I just want to say how funny I found it that everyone asked Wildstyle if she was a DJ. I assume this was intended as a reference to the movie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nickoten posted:

I just want to say how funny I found it that everyone asked Wildstyle if she was a DJ. I assume this was intended as a reference to the movie.
I especially love Emmett's line "that's what it actually says on your birth certificate?" I think that all the time about characters with names like that.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

I especially love Emmett's line "that's what it actually says on your birth certificate?" I think that all the time about characters with names like that.

It's also great because Wyldstyle is the sort of name an 8 year old boy would come up with as a Totally Cool Awesome Name

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I didn't even know this movie was a thing until I read this thread, then I went to youtube and watched some of the promos:

Robot Security: "Who are you here to see?"
Batman: "I'm here to see... your butt"

Then throwing a bajillion batarangs and when one randomly hits the button "YESSS, first try!" loving :lol:

I need to see this movie so bad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTP9U0oDDKg

Bloopers!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

:allears: This is the best thing, but my favorite is 0:31

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

WarLocke posted:

I didn't even know this movie was a thing until I read this thread, then I went to youtube and watched some of the promos:

Robot Security: "Who are you here to see?"
Batman: "I'm here to see... your butt"

Then throwing a bajillion batarangs and when one randomly hits the button "YESSS, first try!" loving :lol:

I need to see this movie so bad.

Nothing is better than Lincoln's "A house divided against itself... would be better than this!" and then loving off in his rocket chair.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Triskelli posted:

:allears: This is the best thing, but my favorite is 0:31

Ahahaha the neverending scream bit? That was great!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

WarLocke posted:

Ahahaha the neverending scream bit? That was great!

This happens in the movie too, but Emmett just lies there on the ground screaming for about 6 seconds

But yes, please watch this movie as soon as possible.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Maybe it's because I've only seen like half a season of Adventure Time but there were a lot of jokes revolving around the word "butt" in this movie and I laughed at all of them.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
And now, Morgan Freeman justifying his casting in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyNyhpwPX_8

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Regarding Vitruvius, is it more obvious to everyone else that his staff is a half eaten lollipop? I didn't see that until my gal pointed it out.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Regarding Vitruvius, is it more obvious to everyone else that his staff is a half eaten lollipop? I didn't see that until my gal pointed it out.

I knew it was something but there was so much going on in the movie I just couldn't devote enough thinky-time to figure out what it was.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah until the big reveal I thought it was a tiny-white LEGO dowel with one of those Rock Raider green gems on top. Then I noticed the bite marks.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
The lego movie can now join toy story for making me feel bad for never playing with my old toys.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Optimist with doubt posted:

The lego movie can now join toy story for making me feel bad for never playing with my old toys.

And Wreck-It Ralph for not playing your old video games :v:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I remembered this because I would make my little LEGO folks hold them. They fit Dumdums I think.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
As long as they're plugged in, it's all good.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I did like how the movie addressed the fact that whenever you had a giant bucket of random Lego bits, eventually everything that happens to be on the floor will wind up in that bucket. And most of it is pretty gross.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pick posted:

I remembered this because I would make my little LEGO folks hold them. They fit Dumdums I think.

Are you me, I did the exact same thing with the same brand of lollipops!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Oh yeah, I noticed that, but I didn't figure out until yesterday that under his robes he's wearing a hippie tie-dye t-shirt, jeans and sandals.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.
I completely lost it at the Star Wars space worm bit ("Punch it, Chewie!") And even now just thinking about it, I still can't hold it together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

William T. Hornaday posted:

I completely lost it at the Star Wars space worm bit ("Punch it, Chewie!") And even now just thinking about it, I still can't hold it together.

I like how the ship in that scene isn't even just the one they used before zoomed out, it's one of the little mini-sets where they try to make a facsimile with as little pieces as possible.

• Locked thread