Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Travis
Jan 18, 2008
Thou qualling hell-hated bugbear!

drunk asian neighbor posted:

even if he wanted to steal a watermarked design, he would have to have the capability to either remove watermarks manually or just recreate the design himself from scratch, in which case he wouldn't need to commission a design in the first place.

Oh wait, you don't know what the gently caress you're talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DJ Travis posted:

I get you're pissed since your work got ripped off, but I don't think that's a good reason to be a dick to me all of a sudden. You yourself agreed with my advice, and just because I'm not a Pro Graphic Designer doesn't mean my advice isn't sound. 3 people posted finished, unwatermarked work, and 3 people had their work ripped off. I'm also not sure what part of my comment you're referring to, so if you want to actually correct me instead, I'd love to get an explanation.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 23, 2014

DJ Travis
Jan 18, 2008

I get you're pissed since your work got ripped off, but I don't think that's a good reason to be a dick to me. I'm also not sure what part of my comment you're referring to.

Regardless, watermarking is common sense and my advice is sound. 3 people posted finished, unwatermarked work, and 3 people had their work ripped off.

I explained the watermarking, that is everyone's mistake. But you discounting experience, skill and creativity and basically saying all you need is photoshop is comeplete poo poo. Be mad dude, I'm not, I know the risks, I rolled the dice, as I have many times here, I lost, and to my recollection you're just talking poo poo. I've dealt with it for years. Both professionally and here. So shut the gently caress up. Your right about watermarking but don't know poo poo about the rest.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DJ Travis posted:

I explained the watermarking, that is everyone's mistake. But you discounting experience, skill and creativity and basically saying all you need is photoshop is comeplete poo poo. Be mad dude, I'm not, I know the risks, I rolled the dice, as I have many times here, I lost, and to my recollection you're just talking poo poo. I've dealt with it for years. Both professionally and here. So shut the gently caress up. Your right about watermarking but don't know poo poo about the rest.

Uhh actually all I said was that if he had the design expertise to create a logo exactly the way he wanted to, he wouldn't have had to commission a design. Not sure where you're getting "all you need is photoshop to design a logo" from. Sorry your misinterpreting my words sent you into a frothing rage though!

DJ Travis
Jan 18, 2008

Uhh actually all I said was that if he had the design expertise to create a logo exactly the way he wanted to, he wouldn't have had to commission a design. Not sure where you're getting "all you need is photoshop to design a logo" from. Sorry your misinterpreting my words sent you into a frothing rage though!

gently caress you. Think whatever you want. Alt account

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lol yes I certainly am an alt account for a user that registered a year and a half after me. I am here to gloat at how I ripped you off!

You loving idiot. God forbid you admit you misinterpreted my words and overreacted.

e: are you drunkposting? Because that's the only explanation I can come up with for how stupid and reactionary you're acting. I'm sorry you got ripped off, but don't get all cunty to me for trying to stop other people for making the same idiotic mistake you did.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 23, 2014

DJ Travis
Jan 18, 2008

lol yes I certainly am an alt account for a user that registered a year and a half after me. I am here to gloat at how I ripped you off!

You loving idiot. God forbid you admit you misinterpreted my words and overreacted.

Still hanging out in a thread that has nothing to do with you

Sombrero!
Sep 11, 2001

DJ Travis posted:

Still hanging out in a thread that has nothing to do with you

Holy poo poo, you're a loving moron. You hosed up and didn't watermark, accept your mistake like a man instead of lashing out like a reactionary bitch at people giving you advice. You have zero high ground to stand on after being scammed by someone named DJ Muff Diver or whatever the gently caress

I'm sorry for your loss, please watermark all your work in the future

DJ Travis
Jan 18, 2008

e: are you drunkposting? Because that's the only explanation I can come up with for how stupid and reactionary you're acting. I'm sorry you got ripped off, but don't get all cunty to me for trying to stop other people for making the same idiotic mistake you did.

I just don't see why you care. You didn't contribute to the contest, i tried to be peacemaker and all you want to do is poo poo on everyone. What conclusion would you come too?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DJ Travis posted:

I just don't see why you care.. You didn't contribute to the contest, i tried to be peacemaker and all you want to do is poo poo on everyone. What conclusion would you come too?

Dude what the gently caress are you talking about

I literally said "in the future, watermark your contributions so you don't get ripped off" and you went on a loving rage spree. The only person I'm making GBS threads on is you, for being a loving rear end in a top hat for no reason. My advice was given in good faith, and you yourself agreed it was good advice and something you should have done. I feel bad for the other 2 people that got ripped off, and I genuinely hope people see this thread and learn a lesson for the future, but you can just go eat a bag of dicks, you rear end.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I love these logo design threads, it's literally 50/50 someone is going to have their stuff ripped off or the op just disappears and doesn't pay anyone ever.

DJ Travis
Jan 18, 2008

Dude what the gently caress are you talking about

I literally said "in the future, watermark your contributions so you don't get ripped off" and you went on a loving rage spree. The only person I'm making GBS threads on is you, for being a loving rear end in a top hat for no reason. My advice was given in good faith, and you yourself agreed it was good advice and something you should have done. I feel bad for the other 2 people that got ripped off, and I genuinely hope people see this thread and learn a lesson for the future, but you can just go eat a bag of dicks, you rear end.

PM sent

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Thanks for sending me your phone number I guess?

e: what could have possibly made you think that was a good idea? You're lucky I don't feel like getting permabanned for your stupidity or you'd be getting dick pics from half the internet by now.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 23, 2014

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

poo poo gets serious when a PM is sent.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I was gonna just PM back but I don't need this poo poo clogging up my inbox so

quote:

DJ Travis wrote on Feb 22, 2014 22:50:

quote:

drunk asian neighbor wrote on Feb 22, 2014 22:37:

quote:

DJ Travis wrote on Feb 22, 2014 22:34:
HIS loving ACTUAL PHONE NUMBER

lol

Obviously, I hope you don't. I guess there is edge to this that we are both responding to too. I'm sure you understand that.

I literally don't understand the words that are coming out of your mouth. I wish you'd stop PMing me like a big babby and post in the thread so other people can see what a moron you're being.

Also I genuinely believe you're drunkposting based on the decreasing amount of sense you're making.

Admit you were wrong, apologize for flipping out on me for literally no reason, learn your lesson and start watermarking your poo poo, and move on.

DJ Travis
Jan 18, 2008

I was gonna just PM back but I don't need this poo poo clogging up my inbox so

lol

Obviously, I hope you don't. I guess there is edge to this that we are both responding to too. I'm sure you understand that.
[/quote]

I literally don't understand the words that are coming out of your mouth. I wish you'd stop PMing me like a big babby and post in the thread so other people can see what a moron you're being.

Also I genuinely believe you're drunkposting based on the decreasing amount of sense you're making.

Admit you were wrong, apologize for flipping out on me for literally no reason, learn your lesson and start watermarking your poo poo, and move on.
[/quote]

I'm wrong. I'm sorry. Lesson learned. Moving on

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
:suspense:

This thread.

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010
Travis why the gently caress would you PM him your phone number lmao

DJ Travis
Jan 18, 2008

culdesac posted:

This got out of hand. Trying to make this work.

daggerdragon
Jan 22, 2006

My titan engine can kick your titan engine's ass.

Yeah, I came here to tsk at lame-rear end OP and instead am getting his money's worth in entertainment since the actual artists apparently aren't. Sorry, dudes.

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010

DJ Travis posted:

This got out of hand. Trying to make this work.

Make what work? I don't understand why you would randomly PM a forum poster your # during an argument.

Did his berating turn you on so much that you fell in love and now you're trying to get some LDR thing going?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

culdesac posted:

:iiam: drunkposting

unless he actually does think I'm the OP's alt account in which case also drunkposting

VVVVVVV I don't know what the gently caress it is you think I need to understand, dude!

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 23, 2014

DJ Travis
Jan 18, 2008

culdesac posted:

Make what work? I don't understand why you would randomly PM a forum poster your # during an argument.

Did his berating turn you on so much that you fell in love and now you're trying to get some LDR thing going?

No. I just thought working this out person to person, beyond the internet bullshit could result in an something of an understanding. I escalated, shouldn't have, but it didn't need to go down like that. That's my fault. I just thought if I put it out there we could work thit out and this would just go way.

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010
You need to take a break from the internet for a little while, dude.

DJ Travis
Jan 18, 2008

culdesac posted:

It's in the works.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

culdesac posted:

autism and alcohol are a dangerous mix.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

quote:

DJ Travis wrote on Feb 23, 2014 00:35:
This got out hand and it's my doing. There are parts of what you said that I took acceptation to and should have PM'd you directly about to resolve. A lot of what you said is dead on. I will not argue that, other parts were not so eloquently said on my part but not any less valid. I rolled the dice again, sent you my number to work this out and it backfired. I still would hope that we can talk this out. I honestly do apologize about how this came about. There's more to this than just the thread. I do hope to talk to you soon. T

dude gently caress off.

DJ Travis
Jan 18, 2008

dude gently caress off.

Fair enough

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010

dude gently caress off.

haha holy poo poo

nongdongfongbong
Jul 30, 2006
"Nongnongdongfongbong" is one character too long. : (
To be honest, the debate between DJ Travis and drunk asian neighbor feels a little irrelevant to me. Shouldn't we spend more of our time loving up MD MC's life?

As posted earlier, his Soundcloud page
https://soundcloud.com/djmdmc

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/mchristy1

Instagram (not sure what we can do with this, but whatever)
http://instagram.com/mike_christy

Stealing his music and claiming it as my creation could be a pretty nice start. Any Interweb marketing geniuses who can help me get 500,000 more listens than him?

nongdongfongbong fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 23, 2014

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://soundcloud.com/pages/copyright/report

nail him for copyright infringement, this thread right here would probably help.

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010
don't think you guys need to worry about loving DJ "Muff Diving MC"s life up, he's got it covered soon enough himself with his no-talent attempt at a musical career

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

what in the world

DJ Travis
Jan 18, 2008
Below is the PM I sent a few minutes ago to Star War Sex Parrot. I figure this is as good as any explanation, for what that is worth now. Looking over the thread there is a lot of "idiot" talk, with the last 12 hours that is very apt.

drunk asian neighbor I'm sorry for all of that. With all that has gone down I know that's worthless, but I am sorry you were dragged into this the way you were. Where I ended the conversation, or where I thought the conversation was ended, was the only point I wanted to make. I guess a certain person really wanted us to connect.

I think anyone who knows me here or has dealt with me knows I am a reasonable person. I know how this "It was a one armed man" defense sounds, but it is what it is.

I feel really horrible about all this.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Well. Were to start. I know how implausible this sounds but I had a few friends over last night after the Duke v Cuse game and left this thread up on my home machine.

But this actually started on my phone with the forums up with this post.

DJ Travis posted:

The only reason I know that is because we weren't at my place during that time stamp and at another friends house. The forums was the last thing I was looking at when a certain person used my phone.

This same person I assume really helped me out in the thread, because the forums were up on my home machine.

You were sent a message about banning me, of all my bookmarks were deleted and some of my account settings changed. Someone sent my phone number to another goon not to mention all the stuff in the thread. I guess they sent him another PM too and even used my usual salutation. Jesus.

Really sorry about all of this and again I realize how plausible this all sounds. There was drinking involved, but that's no excuse for this.

I have tried a few times to respond to this in the thread and I honestly don't know how.

So... on top of the watermarking I guess I've learned a lesson about letting people use my stuff as well.

I assume I am banned now and I understand.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

what in the world

goldmine

Jareth
Dec 6, 2006
Jareth
If there is a silver lining here, it's that this guy actually stole a logo with a gigantic cock and balls in it.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Cool now I've gotten 2 posters perma banned with simple google searches thanks guys :c00l:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

What a gold mine this thread is. Is this a first in sa-mart where you ban the seller and receiver for breaking receiver?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Photex posted:

What a gold mine this thread is. Is this a first in sa-mart where you ban the seller and receiver for breaking receiver?

Hey photex I saw you posted in the ejuice trading thread, let me know if you ever have anything to get rid of/trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Pm sent with my phone number. We can discuss this like men.

• Locked thread