Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Just found this thread, and I have to scold you all for the hate you've been dropping on Sniper. I've played a poo poo ton of Sniper games, and he's just as viable as any other class (well, he's not as good as the ultimate game-breaking Huntress, but no one else is) once you get enough experience with him. He's a tiny itty bitty dependent on getting some sort of utility item that improves his maneuvering, like the Hoof, Syringe or (especially) Stopwatch, but definitely solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Agent Interrobang posted:

At any rate, genuinely no griping on this front, I enjoy a spirited debate. At least it's not as goofy as the debate over 'best class,' which is so subjective it should come with a warning label.

Sniper is my favorite class, but I have to admit he's not all that good. He can at least make very good use of drones since he has the highest base damage in the game by quite a bit (I think he's 15 +4/lvl, compared to the average of 12 +3), but otherwise he's sort of lacking. Steady Aim loses too much damage for each target hit, and only having two damage buttons is... pretty bad. It doesn't help that raising attack speed will gently caress up your reload timings, and god help you if you pick up an Energy Cell.

I still think that Enforcer is worse than the Sniper, for what it's worth.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Yoake you're the best :swoon:

• Locked thread