Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Guy A. Person posted:

Also, I know there was a discussion of S. earlier and how it was possibly a good story and possibly a mediocre story with some gimmicks, and it got me thinking of House of Leaves which seemed to have a similar reputation on these forums back when it came out (lot of praise but a handful of people said it was gimmicky crap).

Anyway, I have a small credit on Amazon which can't be used on Kindle books, and I was thinking of getting a book I can't get on Kindle, either because it can't be done in that format or else because its not likely to anytime soon (publisher issues or whatever). So I was wondering if anyone would recommend S. or House of Leaves (leaning toward HoL due to price), or if there is something else in a similar vein that would be recommended above either of those.

You could also consider The Raw Shark Texts. Just Google image search it and you'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread