Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I finished S today and would highly recommend it. Consider myself a reader of high brow and difficult literature and thoroughly enjoyed it. Already planning a reread and may fall down the rabbit hole trying to decipher it further. There are clearly unexplained ciphers that will further extend the story and it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Declan MacManus posted:

are slowly eroding my will to finish.

That's a pretty neat paragraph if you ask me though I've not read the book. Captures what it means to be in a job like that, I'm sure.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's a deliberate artistic statement and masterfully done but that doesn't make it fun to read.

Thankfully reading for fun is not the only reason to read!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I think that both were pretty good. I mean, you can consider writing outside the typical spaces a gimmick or you can just relax and enjoy what writing outside the typical spaces allows the book to be. I enjoyed both books but would probably recommend House of Leaves if you could only get one.

• Locked thread