Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
a because I want to make a bad decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Obscil posted:

One more thing, If we can find some time alone between us and the computer, we should ask the computer to scan us and see if we are still human. That is, assuming the computer can do something like that.

You'd need a decent medbay and a doctor to find out something like that. Sorry chap!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
What's the deal with our black hand? Is it functional? Can we still melt faces with it?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

C Play it cool, the Feds don't know poo poo or they would've tractored us aboard already, but get ready to haul spaceass if they get wise to our jive.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
B
Also acquire a single black space glove for our evil hand

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Outrail posted:

What's the deal with our black hand? Is it functional? Can we still melt faces with it?

You've carried on 'as normal' since, you have not however attempted to melt faces and or metal. If you make it out of this mess then maybe you'll get a chance to find out! Will update over the next few days so if anyone further wants to vote.. go right ahead!

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

The Captain of the fed ship flickers onto the monitor.

"Vessel" He rolls his eyes "Red Lobster. We are seeking-"

"Yeah the AI told me" You interrupt. "Listen here, fed, we nearly got blown up by that loving thing! We took a job as advertised to look, we see it. It's not answering hails and then the blows the gently caress up!" You raise your hands in a mushroom cloud motion and quickly return them to your sides, hoping that the fed didn't catch the mismatching colour of your hands. "Now how about some reparations for the danger your feds put our ship in by advertising that job!?"

After several minutes of heated debate, being called a space hick, expletives banded around and accusations of murder the AI happily transfers power readings and information to the fed ship. Lightly modified of course.

"Oh." The fed says, dejectedly. "Some rookie engineer must have really f-messed things up. Well 'Hugh', we will investigate your claims. If everything checks out, you will get something for your time. If one little thing doesn't check out, one piece of debris out of place then you'll be DOING time." The screen blanks out.

"What a cu-"

--

The ship lands. You're safe, for now. Just don't go gambling away all the loot.. right?

You order the ship to be repaired. Several of the survivors and crew are now in the hands of the best doctors a lowish budget can provide. The AI gets a shipment of 'matter', but this cost of this is offset by the added material gathered in secret. Over the course of the week, everyone should be rested up and ready to go with the next and hopefully uneventful mission. You happily note that there will definitely be some fancy pieces of equipment to buy with your leftover credits. If you don't somehow lose it!

You enter a bar, order the fanciest cocktail they do and take a sip. You grin, you've completed your first space mission and it went pretty well! Sure, you ran into some pretty horrific things, your hands are two different colours, Arthur lost a leg, the crew are in general pretty banged up, you banged nothing (specially sexy aliens), the ship got damaged, your decisions caused the death of bunch of people... BUT! You got loot and you managed to raid a secret fed science ship without getting caught! That is assuming the survivors that didn't join your crew don't blab and that the fed ship en route to the system don't find anything unusual, such as a black box type device that will have recorded hacking attempts and various other data.

Ah gently caress it, that's days away! You order another drink and turn to a table next to you.

"Can I interest you fellas in a game of cards?"

---

Well then! Thank you for everyone who joined in with part 1! You guys are all stars, STARS! You guys, if you choose to follow part 2, will have some hidden extra input at times. I'm in the process of moving house, but at some point in the near future I will create a new thread (or continue this one, not sure which is best) and hopefully some better looking assets and we'll be off on another space adventure! As a little note, you narrowly missed out on having your hands blown off and your insides splattered along the red lobster. There were quite a few near misses and an error in my die rolls that I caught in time, Arthur nearly got hit in the bean bag. I'm a little sad that the doomsday weapon only got used once though!

To be continued!

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jul 28, 2014

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
We managed to only destroy the entirety of the ship once! :toot:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

As they say: Any reality-destroying explosion you can walk away from...

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

We need to make sure we start part 2 with a whole case of Zima, or as I like to call it: "decision juice"

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Colonel Wood posted:

We need to make sure we start part 2 with a whole case of Zima, or as I like to call it: "decision juice"

You'll definitely be able to get a still up and running. Hell, why not mix it with some of that black flesh and see what happens?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

stevey666 posted:

You'll definitely be able to get a still up and running. Hell, why not mix it with some of that black flesh and see what happens?

I'm thinking we make a "smoothie" with it and use 1C3 as our guinea pig as punishment for his multiple gently caress ups

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

djw175 posted:

We managed to only destroy the entirety of known existence once! :toot:

Colonel Wood posted:

Pour a bottle into the AI matter hopper.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
First thing we should do is see a doctor to check if were still human. Then hope he doesn't quarantine us or something.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Splicer posted:

The AI is way more valuable than 1c3 at this point. Also better to test it on human anatomy....

Oh wait we have the red shirts let's use one of them. Also we should get 1c3 some programming classes to boost his skills and a moderately priced hooker to boost his confidence

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 31, 2014

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Splicer posted:

Along with a piece of the black flesh and several packets worth of no doz.

Isn't the AI malovent enough already? (no, no it isnt)

Outrail fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jul 31, 2014

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Add the black flesh to the recycler. Maybe we'll get a sentient AI from it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

Add the black flesh to the recycler. Maybe we'll get a sentient AI from it.

Or at least a pretty interesting burger variant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
This may be continued in http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3680828 pending interest check

Thanks!

• Locked thread