Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

1) Zima
edited after reading the post below
2) Yes, duh.
3) Yes, but only to find out where the weapons are in case we need them to repel boarders

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

1) Zima
2) Yes, duh.
3) Yes, but only to see if they could help us in an emergency and if they're worth reverse engineering

BrainParasite fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 10, 2014

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1) Headpuncher
2) Yes
3) No, mostly to be contrary

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 10, 2014

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
1. Zima.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Wentley posted:

1. Zima.

Changing my vote to Zima

Orson1981
Sep 11, 2009
1. Zima
2. Yes
3. No

Best not to do anything stupid, like messing around with contraband, while too sober. If we must look at the cargo let's at least get a little but of a buzz going on, as our luck seems be of the dumb drunk variety.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
1. Zima
2. Yes, because it's a bad idea.
3. Yes, because it's an even worse idea.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

djw175 posted:

1. Zima

Increasingly bad ideas is a good idea.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

djw175 posted:

1. Zima

This is a bad Idea. Lets do this

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses

djw175 posted:

1. Zima

On the plus side we are on space and no one can hear us making increasingly poor decisions

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Cassandra can.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Walking back from Engineering, you consider the pros and cons of building a still. Pro, all the alcohol I can drink! Con.. your mind searches for the cons in this deal, brushing over possible death and atmospheric venting as not cons but worthwhile and minor risks. No cons at all! You make a mental note to ask Arthur and Natalia to work together on making a still, you'll need supplies though.. guess you'll have to make some money first eh, slick? That drink, that magical drink.. it sure was Zomething Different! Some would call it a truly unique alcohol beverage for sure, in that most drinks don't cause you to become temporarily blind, deaf and to vomit out essential brain matter relating to memory and good decision making.

Another quantum quirk... Once again universes connect and information is shared. To the relief of a possibly-sentient hamburger, this time information hits its mark. "Zima" you say to yourself "Zomething different!". Unfortunately while ideas and such pass through the ether (to use a very inaccurate but very helpful metaphor), information regarding brand demographics and profitability doesn't. Oh well, this universe could be different! Zis zuniverse zould ze zifferent!

Continuing towards the bridge for piloting lessons, you stop, standing on where you 'think' the fake flooring is (it really is quite well hidden) you feel.. warmer. Maybe you're feeling a warming glow of excitement over your new drink. Zima. Zomething different! Maybe. You consider taking a peek at the goods under your warm feet. They did state not to mess with the cargo.... They did place down one of the crates very slowly and back award with great care.. There could be something pretty dange- While your mind is busy pondering the danger of pissing off smugglers and messing with obviously dangerous weaponry, your body has already crouched and is lifting up the hidden panels. As your body begins opening crates your mind finishes up. In conclusion, it's a bad idea which is exactly why we sho-... oh, well that's okay then. you say to yourself while taking off a lid.

Medical supplies, names of drugs you don't recognise, you guess its just run of the mill banned substances. The manufacturers probably didn't offer the feds a big enough kickback and they got banned. You open the rest of the medical crates, all containing drugs as promised. It's at this point you realise you should probably inspect the cargo as it goes onto your ship so you don't get hosed over in the future. Getting to the weapon crates, first crate contains grenades.. could be gas or incendiary! Highly illegal and highly fun to use you imagine. Second crate looks to contain various pointy objects, all polished to an excellent shine but look well used. A torture kit then, gently caress. Last crate, you hope they don't notice that you've opened these up or that kit will be used on you. Your new name being Hugh Gmistake if that's the case. Last crate! Your hands feel warmer as you open the crate, a sign it's worth some good money then! With the lid off you peer inside, a warm glowy feeling on your face. This would make a pretty good bed warmer methinks, since Cassandra isn't up for the job. Inside you see a big black box, with what looks like a non functional display panel and a large, red button. Large. Red. Button. gently caress. Why did it have to be red?

Well boys and girls, what will it be?

1. Push the red button!
2. Are you loving crazy? Don't push it! Quickly close it back up and pretend you didn't see anything!
3. Don't push it, carefully close it back up and back away slowly. You didn't see nothing, punk!
4. Call the crew to get over here ASAP, maybe we can figure out what this is.. but maybe they'd be pretty angry about transporting it!
5. Something else..

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 12, 2014

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
4) Call over the crew. While pressing the red button now might be an amusingly bad decision, pressing the red button at what seems like a more appropriate time may be an ever poorer decision. No decision is worse than those made when you think you know what you're doing.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

2 Drink till we forgot what we saw. If we forget about it, it doesn't exist.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 12, 2014

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
2. Hurriedly replace the false paneling in such a fashion that one of the crew is bound to notice it and pry it up and see the big red shiny button and then THEY'LL press it and it won't be OUR fault!

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

In space no one can hear you make increasingly poor decisions.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

4) Call over the crew.

These are supposed to be increasingly poor decisions, we don't want to blow our was all at once.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
We are trapped in a tin can that is bound to explode sooner or later with our crew so...

4 Call the crew

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
You sure, boys?

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Don't tempt me!

Because I will change my vote!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

stevey666 posted:

You sure, boys?

Not gonna lie, I clicked on this.

And the other one.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hmm. One of our crew members is nicknamed Stimpy right?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

1. Push the drat button, gently caress the consequences

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. Push the red button!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Can we run a Geiger counter over this thing and then push the button?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Outrail posted:

Can we run a Geiger counter over this thing and then push the button?

I like how you're not saying whether that the counter will effect the reading. You just want to know what kind of doom we'll be getting before we get it.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
5. We're not drunk enough for such an important decision.

If we get good and drunk we'll conveniently sidestep difficult things like our sense of responsibility or mind melting curiosity. Either we'll pass out and avoid the button issue altogether, or we'll press it in our booze fueled stupor. Either way we'll be able to ignore culpability in any ensuing crisis!

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Update should come tomorrow, I quite like the Geiger counter not affecting your decision idea. Sounds about right!

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

1. Push that button!

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Thanks Parker! Now we're tied on 1 and 4. Any more votesies?

VVVVVV

Oh hell, well voting is closed!

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 14, 2014

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
Push it!

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

You stare at the button. It stares back. Should you press it? It really would be a bad idea. But it looks so.. lovely! You continue to stare, pretty much half of you resisting, sadly not the half that contains your right hand.

Thanks for playing!

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Mar 14, 2014

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
drat you people!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

A. BOOOOOO

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Quantum time! You, little quantum particle. What to do?

1. Go to the "left"
2. Go to the "right"
3. Entangle some more
4. Gluons or something
5. Cease existing

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Go right its all we have left

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com