Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Abyssal Squid posted:

Since when has Hugh given any consideration to his fellow man when his own rear end is on the line? You know, the whole drifting helplessly into a fiery crater thing?

1. CASSANDRA. GET ME. SCRAPPY. GET ARTHUR.

Best of both worlds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

"CASSANDRA, GET ARTHUR INSIDE AND COME FOR ME."

You watch her grab Arthur and head inside the Lobster. You see a small metal box appear from the airlock and head towards the leg, good work Scrappy. You turn and swing your arms to adjust your view point towards your destination, a gaping hole inside of a very large and beautiful ship. You've breached a small debris field and little pieces of left over turrets strike your suit, let's hope this fancy looking get up isn't just for style! You manage to grasp at several large pieces, throwing them towards the hole to slow your momentum.. unfortunately you're no expert in zero G and you begin to spin vertically and struggle to correct. Above you (relatively, you're spinning remember?) a small explosion, a secondary system maybe? You don't have time to react as a shower of glimmering shards envelop you momentarily. gently caress! Luckily, the vacuum of space saves you from the realisation that your very obvious and unarmoured (thanks designer) oxygen hose has been hit. You're getting close to that hole, real close, red eyes staring back at you. You blink, you're breathing faster, gently caress gently caress are you panicing? No, Hugh Mann doesn't panic! Does he? You blink again, slower this time. It's getting harder to.. to.. think. What's.. what's.. happening? You.. that thing with... your eyes.. As your vision slowly fades to black you see a pair of hands reach out for you, glimmering ivory white.

--

"gently caress. Get him on the table, now!" You shout over alarms.

1c3 drags Arthur as best he can, he can't lift him.. Arthur's way to heavy. 1c3 is shaking, probably never seen anything close to action before. You help lift Arther onto the table, the familiar and constant pain in your lower body intensifying slightly with effort. Breathe through it.

"1c3, grab a med kit, must be one around here somewhere!" You shout, he darts off as Natalia runs through lugging her emergency repair kit behind her. She looks at Arthur for a second and around for the Captain. You shake your head. She looks shocked, she's scared. She nods and runs into the kitchen area. The alarms, the kit, hull breach. Arthur begins to convulse and you try to hold him down, throwing off bits of your suit so you can get a better handle on him. gently caress, don't die on me you bastard. This is nothing, this is nothing! 1c3 returns and you get to work, you know nothing of real medicine, but you've patched up a fair bit of wounds in your time. Plasma burns, gently caress, you don't bleed out.. you bleed IN. You get to work, blood drips along the table and down onto the floor. 1c3 has gone white, you order him to the AI room and get him to see what else he can see, and don't loving try to kill us again. The alarms shut and the room turns silent, save for the sound of laboured breathing and the squelch of hands working in blood.

Natalia runs in "I've patched the hull breach and.. oh.. god.."

You remove your hands from inside of what's left of Arthur's leg. "Artery has been sealed, that's one things fixed. Just like patching a-"

Arthur's eyes shoot open and he whimpers in pain. "Burnin'! Tha foods burnin'" He thrashes violently, "Can yae nae smell it!" He yells, "Burnin'! Turn off tha oven woman! The smell!" Whimpering now.. "The smell..".

You watch him drop out of consciousness again, his face still contorting in pain. It's you, you poor bastard. The smell is you.

--

Blooded water washes into the drain, your hands returning to their proper colour. You look in the mirror, blood smearing your face. You pull back your hair and wash up. It's been 15 minutes, 15 minutes since I let them all down.1c3 hosed up, but you hosed up by pushing the wrong one out of the way. It should have been you, plasma on your leg, wouldn't have hurt at all! No, don't think like that Cassandra. Deal with it. You wipe a tear away and breathe deeply. Deal with it like you always do.

A. The Captain's gone, no way he will have survived that. I won't let Arthur die, he's in poo poo state and we need to get him back to civilisation.
B. He wanted me to save Arthur first, that idiot. That heroic idiot. I'm going to suit up and get him, he deserves the attempt at the very least. I can fix this.
C. I can.. [insert option]

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 26, 2014

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
C. I can.. check out that smuggler stash of possibly Arthur-saving medicine I heard the Captain drunkenly rambling about.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Option b

This is why I voted for a med bay....

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

B. Save the captain, he's the main character! Leave Arthur to the professionals (Scrappy).

Colonel Wood posted:

This is why I voted for a med bay....
Hey, we've got a pole, isn't that good enough?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Abyssal Squid posted:

B. Save the captain, he's the main character! Leave Arthur to the professionals (Scrappy).
Nah, it's like the pre-credits bit of a police procedural or horror show where we watch some no-name goofus wander around and get killed. Or the flashback sequence of an action film where the main character's pathos is given context. Now that that's done and dusted we can move on to the main star.

Burgerlord 2.0

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

B

Cassandra is the character I'm least interested in, soooo...

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
B. This captain aint going down on someone else's ship!

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
B I'll save that idiot just so I can kill him myself

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I can attach my spare cyber leg to Arthur

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
B

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

LLSix posted:

I can attach my spare cyber leg to Arthur

No burger leg experiments?

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Yes, order a double stacker for Arthur's new leg

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
b

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Update coming tomorrow, when all of this is resolved and if you survive then we can talk leg/burger leg and what not. For now, horror space aliens or whatever they are await!

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

I'll save that idiot just so I can kill him myself You nod to yourself in the mirror and leave to suit up.

--

You leap, floating in the void, the Lobster is getting smaller and the other ship is getting a whole lot bigger. "Adjusting angle of entry, touch down in 30 seconds" you communicate.

"Good luck, that ship is shielded or something but I'm trying to hack into the comms system and relay what I can. The hole is to the rear side of the ship, the mass of heat signatures look to be in the front." 1c3 squawks over the comms.

"Just make sure not gently caress it up this time."

"Yes Capt-"

"Don't. 1c3."

"Cassandra."

"Better. I'll save that loving idiot and we can kill him ourselves" you reply, floating directly into the jagged hole blasted into the side of the ship.

"Goo..d.. lu.... " Static.

You touch down on what you suppose could be a deck, who knows in this mess and manage to find a blast door leading to the front of the ship. Bracing yourself you open it, atmosphere rushing out threatening to push you out of the ship, struggling you manage get through the door and it slams down behind you. You check your suit's sensors, atmosphere breathable. You stow the helmet on your back and take one final inventory. Rifle, check. Knife, check. War crime gas and incendiary grenades, check, thank you black market smugglers.

Well, you're here.. now what?

--

Hands of white reaching for you. AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you attempt to scream.

You wake up.

Hands of white are reaching for you, attached to a very ugly and horrible looking being. "AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" you scream for real this time. Too distracted to notice that you're stark bollock naked, Mann in all of his glory. You thrust your hands out, trying to defend yourself. You look at your hands, they're ivory white. Ivory. loving. white "AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" . You scramble back across the floor and stand up, ready to run.. ready to fight.. ready to do SOMETHING, adrenaline, come on adrenaline. You notice a breeze, where the gently caress is my suit? In front of you the .. creature? appears to be making a guttural laugh. "It's cold in here, okay?!" You scream at it.

Wait a second, you're naked. If there's one thing Hugh Mann is when naked, it's fast! You turn to run, pausing for a moment to acknowledge to nobody in particular... Not in that way!. You speed off, unburdened and running free. The bastard creature lets out a yell and follows, hopefully at a slower pace. Several turns of a corridor later you slip on something red and slide, slamming into the wall. The corridor intersecting in front of you. You notice writing on the wall, written in red. A line pointing towards where you ran from with words written next to it, it looks to be written strangely but appears to say 'birth'.

On the walls of the intersection corridors in front of you, you can see 'food', 'hurt' and 'sleep'.

You can hear the creature stomping behind.. well, now loving what?

--

1. Cassandra - Well, you're here.. now what?

A. Run towards the front of the ship, fast and hot.
B. Slow and stealthy, head towards the front of the ship.. don't want to make much noise..
C. Look around the vicinity to see if we can find a map for the drat place, this may take some time but there's 'probably' nobody around here..

2. Hugh Mann - You can hear the creature stomping behind.. well, now loving what?

A. Stand and fight
B. Run into the 'food' corridor
C. Run into the 'hurt' corridor
D. Run into the 'sleep' corridor

stevey666 fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Mar 31, 2014

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
1-B. As much as we want to save the captain, it won't help if we die.

2-A. We're Hugh Mann. If there's anything humans do well, it's use their wits and size against whatever's trying to kill them. Find a vent to crawl into or something, then fight the thing on your terms. Or have it disembowel you. Either or.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1. B- Hugh makes bad decisions, not Cassandra

2. B- Hugh makes bad decisions, not Cassandra :)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Slaan posted:

Also food might mean people!

As in the people are the food.

Then we can eat them.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Slaan posted:

And I'm with Splicer, "food" is probably "not zombies" which means "there's an entertainer somewhere on this ship, damnit."

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Slaan posted:

Cannot argue.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
1B Cassandra remember your training. Work under the assumption that something in here wants to kill you. Move carefully and silently

2C either medical (for hurt people) or weapons (to hurt people) seems like the best option

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

Slaan posted:

Sounds about right. This has my vote.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Slaan posted:

I'm jumping on this bandwagon.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Slaan posted:

Sure why not

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

dereku posted:

1B Cassandra remember your training. Work under the assumption that something in here wants to kill you. Move carefully and silently

2C either medical (for hurt people) or weapons (to hurt people) seems like the best option

Hugh has his flee on, we're not stopping now!

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. B
2. A

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
No point in keeping the vote for longer, B is way ahead and with normal voting numbers no chance if it being beaten now.

--

Your training takes over, you move carefully and silently along the corridor, peeking into several windowed rooms on your way past. They all look pretty bare, unusually bare for a ship this big.. normally they are filled to the brim with crew and equipment, why else would they need the space? You're working on the assumption that something in here wants to kill you, which honestly is fair enough given that you want to kill something too. You tighten the grip on your rifle a little. You come to the end of the corridor, looks like it's adjoining to a bigger main corridor. You notice red writing on the wall, indecipherable, and a line pointing back. Great. To the right the corridor appears to be blocked by debris, power relay overload at a guess, left it is then! You step quietly along, so quiet you could hear a pin drop or maybe even your Captain screaming from long distance away. Wait, what? You close your eyes and strain your ears.

You hear a fair echo "AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Just. Great.

You move forward, quietly still but a touch faster which understandable given the circumstances. Don't you dare kill him before I get to. You think you hear a yell or roar from up ahead, then.. nothing.. You eventually reach an intersection. Each of the corridors have the red markings again, the left corridor appears to have.. something.. red on the floor streaking towards the intersection, several footprints from the mess visible but end right in the middle of the intersection. You peer left, peer right, peer ahead. Nothing. Just. loving. Great.

---

Food. Always with the food huh Hugh? Even when you're running for your life your stomach grumbles. As long as its not loving burgers. You're much faster than that creature, this will give you some time to do SOMETHING. You reach the end of the corridor and stumble through a set of doors left open, a wall of smell hits you. Not burgers then. Charred remains of what could be human beings are scattered along the floor, a low fire burning, smoke ventilated out by a still operating air filtration system. You look around, barred rooms... and hands! Pink hands.. black hands.. olive hands..grubby hands... human hands!

You rush towards a set of bars the hands are retracted, the being inside could barely be called human, cowering in the corner.. crouching on top of.. corpses? You look to the next barred room, the 'human' is sleeping up against the bars.. standing on the remains of more ill fated humans. They sleep against the bars.. You reach out for it's hands, your ivory white in stark contrast to it's black. You touch. It lets out a strangled cry and retracts it's hands away. The smell of freshly burned flesh breaking through.

"Please, please no!" It cowers in the corner of it's cell. Weeping.

Note to self. Do NOT take a piss.

You hear activity from the corridor, it's coming! gently caress! There's no loving exit! You look around, desperate, several mad plans hatch in your mind. It's at this point you realise you should be a lot more horrified than you appear to be, now THAT is a little distressing.

--

1. Cassandra - You peer left, peer right, peer ahead. Nothing. Just. loving. Great.

A. Go left, the corridor with the blood streak.
B. Go ahead.
C. Go right.

2. Hugh Mann - You look around, desperate, several mad plans hatch in your mind.

A. Find an open cell and close the bars.
B. Hide under a pile of charred remains.
C. Fight, or at least attempt to anyway.

--

Jeez didn't expect this to get so grim, blame the die rolls!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

D. Try your corrosive flesh hands on a metal bar.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Splicer posted:

D. Try your corrosive flesh hands on a metal bar.

This makes sense to me.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

B. Hide under a pile of charred remains.
Only hitch in the plan is Hugh might eat his way out before the monster gets there, and then he'll be too full to hi-five. :(

Kira Akashiya
Feb 2, 2013
1. A
2. A

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

B

C

Time for Mann to get old school.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Interesting choices there, not what I could have expected for the Cassandra vote.

Minivote! 3.How bored and prone to moving around do you think part-sentient burgers standing next to some sort of nasty weaponry tend to be?

A. VERY still
B. Attracted to the colour red
C. Randomly active

May or may not have a big effect..

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

BBC.
The blood streak came from somewhere, we want to find where it went.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Minivote!
D) Remember the source material it will go for the one with the blinkiest lights.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Splicer posted:

Minivote!
D) Remember the source material it will go for the one with the blinkiest lights.

The source material? You mean Cuddles the AI? C. Find a sad-looking fellow and chuckle to cheer 'em up. Chuckles, squelches, it's all pretty much the same, right?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Abyssal Squid posted:

The source material? You mean Cuddles the AI? C. Find a sad-looking fellow and chuckle to cheer 'em up. Chuckles, squelches, it's all pretty much the same, right?
It was previously established that the burger was made out of cats.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Made out of cats, by Cuddles. :colbert:

Point taken though, cats and burgers alike totally hate closed doors. It would be so terribly cute if the burger opened any doors it found and cheered up any sad people it found behind these doors by chuckling and squelching at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

stevey666 posted:

Minivote! 3.How bored and prone to moving around do you think part-sentient burgers standing next to some sort of nasty weaponry tend to be?

A. VERY still
B. Attracted to the colour red
C. Randomly active

B Ketchup is red, right?

• Locked thread