Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It's Christmas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Dork457 posted:

I've been burned on "funny" physics games before. They're great if you have a youtube channel, but they're not much fun to play.

Jeez, what's got your goat?

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Official trailer has been released -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvWGLcdI8o8

GOAT WITH A JETPACK!!!!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

ukle posted:

GOAT WITH A JETPACK!!!!

loving shots fired, hella got me hyped

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Pre order is out and you can play it RIGHT NOW.
It's really cool go play. Then tell me how to get in the box that's held up by the crane.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ukle posted:

GOAT WITH A JETPACK!!!!

I didn't realize until now that this is a riff on the first Dead Island trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

MY FIRST KILL!! I SHALL DRINK THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENTS AND EAT THEIR EXCESS GARBAGE!!

Finally a game where bugs ARE features.

Edit: Climbing ladders is sublime.

ZenMaster fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 28, 2014

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I see you don't have any of the special equips yet (summon peasants/goats, baseball pitcher, jetpack)

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Sheeeeeeit. I forgot to load up Steam this morning, now I gotta fight the hordes to download after work.

I should have just called in sick to get my goat on.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

This is everything I had hoped for and more. I love the music too, so catchy.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Debating on getting this. How big is the map? How much is there really to do?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Gameplay video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbRXesJwmEs

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Elias_Maluco posted:

Gameplay video

The graphics are first-rate but I hope the AI gets a little polish before the full release.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Network Pesci posted:

The graphics are first-rate but I hope the AI gets a little polish before the full release.

Physics engine is pretty unrealistic too. Not to mention need a better 3d modeler for the woman.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I bought this on their website and redeemed my key via Steam. It's in my library. However it will not install no matter what I do. It just sits there "preparing files to install". I've restarted Steam a couple times and nothing works. Anyone else having this issue?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Man I have found so many awesome secrets. Who thought a goat could possess such power?

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Ha ha it is funny because you do not typically see games where you play as a goat

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I unlocked the African tall goat and it owns

The jetpack is KERBAL AS gently caress.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

I highly recommend licking a truck and then this happens:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
That goat can break tables too, amazing

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Spoilery image and spoilery top tip to go with image:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/796316693089831240/ACF47EE931954D28E770138EFE9FA2EED9A8EA91/

If you get the satan powers, activate them, then go ragdoll, you can fly around super fast and crazy. I got on top of the big crane using this.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

FirstPersonShitter posted:

If you get the satan powers, activate them, then go ragdoll, you can fly around super fast and crazy. I got on top of the big crane using this.

You know there's a ladder for that, right? I'm trying to deal with that stupid robot inside the blue box attached to it.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Elias_Maluco posted:

That goat can break tables too, amazing

Sorry fixed it immediately!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This game's steam page advertises the fact that they won't be fixing bugs except crashes because they're funny, and that the physics spazz out all over the place all the time.

I...I think this game was made for me.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
So when's the Tijuana DLC coming out?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
STEAM is now downloading: Goat Simulator

molluskmoth
Nov 25, 2013

It's a cult.
Yes, it's a waste of money. But I'm not gonna lie, I was entertained well for the first hour today.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

STEAM is now downloading: Goat Simulator

You're in for a hell of a ride, friend.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

AAB posted:

You know there's a ladder for that, right? I'm trying to deal with that stupid robot inside the blue box attached to it.

It took me like a solid hour of trying but I got to the robot and dragged him out of the container with my tongue but now I have no idea what to do with him :( I tried taking him to the B(E)ACON and the spacey shrink/grow tunnel but nothing so far.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Measly Twerp posted:

Are there vending machines from which I can aquire a goat?

No, you idiot. You start out as a goat. There is no need for goat vending machines!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

molluskmoth posted:

Yes, it's a waste of money. But I'm not gonna lie, I was entertained well for the first hour today.

As a game, yes, I'd call it a waste of money. However, as a lovely Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (2) clone featuring a goat instead of a skater, that makes me laugh my rear end off non-stop for most of the day? $10 well spent in my opinion!

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Node posted:

No, you idiot. You start out as a goat. There is no need for goat vending machines!

But what if I need to respawn?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

OneDeadman posted:

But what if I need to respawn?

Goats don't die. That's unrealistic. They just bounce and ragdoll all over the place.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

BORK! BORK! posted:

It took me like a solid hour of trying but I got to the robot and dragged him out of the container with my tongue but now I have no idea what to do with him :( I tried taking him to the B(E)ACON and the spacey shrink/grow tunnel but nothing so far.

Take him and the beacon to the sacrificial altar place I think. At least that's what one of the achievements indicates.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Does this game have romance options by the way?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer

Node posted:

Does this game have romance options by the way?

Yes, the option to fall in love with being one with the goat.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

AAB posted:

Take him and the beacon to the sacrificial altar place I think. At least that's what one of the achievements indicates.

Ahhh you have to take the beacon to the crop circles behind the car doing donuts.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I unironically can't wait for the MLG videos with lovely dubstep and flashing lights and colors.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Anyone have a sure fire way to get into the crate with the robot? Jetpack is unpredictable!

Also, how do I switch to the other goats I unlocked?

ZenMaster fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

ZenMaster posted:

Anyone have a sure fire way to get into the crate with the robot? Jetpack is unpredictable!

Also, how do I switch to the other goats I unlocked?

1- climb up on the crane, walk down to the end of the crane arm, jump kinda on top of the crane arm towards the crate, use slow-mo if you have to fine tune the landing. Once on top, back off the front end in slow-mo and then forwards in. Watch out though once you're in!

2- Go to the main menu, click custom game. You can unlock more by doing things or finding the collectible trophies.

• Locked thread