Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

turnways posted:

That is, exactly, the top scores on the leaderboard. I have a feeling unless they uncap it all 15 pages will be filled with that number before too long.

Yeah even though I had a plan in my head I figured that someone probably worked it out within 5 minutes of release (and finding the anti-grav room) and had already sperged it out. It's just a bit of fun anyway, it's not like the score is anything but a measure of your persistence, and it's not even much persistence given the anti-grav room and it's crazy high scores. Flip around a few times and get some massive score then before the multiplier runs out float into the overlooking room and ram poo poo out of everything until the run out of multiplier, you'll get a huge score in no time flat.

I'm not jealous at all, why would you even say that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

So does the baseball pitcher always send you careening forever through the sky in some kind of mad glitch orgy or was that just a happy coincidence for me? I'm pretty ok with it either way.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

After you get feather goat are there any more collectible based goat unlocks?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Is there a way to drop stuff you're carrying (like the jetpack and ball launcher)?

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

What exactly triggers the unlocks? I have a tall goat now and I have no idea what I picked up/rammed into/exploded to get it.

I now return to rampaging through town while rocking out to 80s crossover thrash.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

oh gently caress this is the best, by far.

Smackbilly
Jan 3, 2001
What kind of a name is Pizza Organ! anyway?

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

What exactly triggers the unlocks? I have a tall goat now and I have no idea what I picked up/rammed into/exploded to get it.

I now return to rampaging through town while rocking out to 80s crossover thrash.

Number if collectibles (golden goat statues found). Tall goat at 5, feather goat at 10. There don't seem to be any unlocks for higher numbers.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
More Achievements were added today

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

bpc908 posted:

More Achievments were added today

Fixed that for you.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

DarthBlingBling posted:

I think the point is that it can't be uncapped unless they move it to a 64 bit executable

...or made negative scores impossible and used an unsigned long.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really hope taking out the hillbilly involves that giant thresher at the top of the hill. I was bummed when it wouldn't move. At least you can ride the blades kind of.

DrPop posted:

Is there a way to drop stuff you're carrying (like the jetpack and ball launcher)?

I don't think you can get rid of the jetpack unless you exit your custom session and choose a game without it, but if you're tired of the pitcher just respawn. Should get rid of it.

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't think you can get rid of the jetpack unless you exit your custom session and choose a game without it, but if you're tired of the pitcher just respawn. Should get rid of it.

The jetpack is also found in normal games on the second top level of the construction tower across the road from the garage.

It also vanishes if you respawn.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

DarthBlingBling posted:

I think the point is that it can't be uncapped unless they move it to a 64 bit executable

I'm beaten because your post snuck in on the last page but yeah just make it unsigned. 2^32 (2 to the power of 32) = 4,294,967,296

Don't need no high tech 64 bit shenanigans for that.

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013

markgreyam posted:

I'm beaten because your post snuck in on the last page but yeah just make it unsigned. 2^32 (2 to the power of 32) = 4,294,967,296

Don't need no high tech 64 bit shenanigans for that.

Of course, lets be honest here, double the score ceiling isn't really adding that much more difficulty.

If you added a 64 bit ceiling, it would give a significant amount more space, but at that stage it would really be a case of persistance more then anything.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Part of me wishes the game had a shitload more little collectibles to find.

The other part is wondering where the hell the last 5 or so are.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Uh... you guys know you don't need to rewrite the entire program to run under x64 just to get a 64 bit unsigned int, right?

It's called an unsigned long long, and it goes to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615. Multi-word arithmetic has been a solved problem for 40+ years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer_(computer_science)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/330374/long-long-implementation-in-32-bit-machine

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
We weren't even there yet, we were just saying that you don't need to goat to 64 bit to get a larger score. e: Okay maybe some of us were but whatever. It's game where everything is made up and the points don't matter :v:

I actually think that should be a change request, to make it into a long long so some nutter sits there determined to max it out perfectly.

Ah, maths and goat simulators, this is officially my favourite thread.

markgreyam fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 1, 2014

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I have the tall, fat, feather, and australian goats so far. I am really enjoying this game. I think I prefer demon powers to the jetpack, though both used in conjunction are quite effective for fast travel.

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Alexander Goatstafsson? Best achievement name ever.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Wounded Unicorn posted:

I have the tall, fat, feather, and australian goats so far. I am really enjoying this game. I think I prefer demon powers to the jetpack, though both used in conjunction are quite effective for fast travel.

Man, I have no idea what fat and Australian goats are, so it's good to know that I have more goats to get beyond the Angel one that's technically broken right now or something.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I think I'm poo poo at being a goat, I found a UFO model in a garage is that something to do with goathenge?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

88h88 posted:

I think I'm poo poo at being a goat, I found a UFO model in a garage is that something to do with goathenge?

No, you'll know what it goes to when you see it. In fact, it's not way too far away.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Is there a screen shot button? Print screen just gives me a black page.

DarthBlingBling
Apr 19, 2004

These were also dark times for gamers as we were shunned by others for being geeky or nerdy and computer games were seen as Childs play things, during these dark ages the whispers began circulating about a 3D space combat game called Elite

- CMDR Bald Man In A Box
F12 works with any Steam game

Hypation
Jul 11, 2013

The White Witch never knew what hit her.
could be worse ... could be scrotal recall.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

DarthBlingBling posted:

F12 works with any Steam game

Oh awesome. Cheers.

troublegum
Mar 31, 2013
Goat physics. Achievements. Steam Trading Cards. :getin:

Mostly the goats, of course. It'll make a nice break from Anime Space Ninja Hoodies.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

GIANT GOAT!

They've updated with new goat types! Get out there and get the goats!

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

The drifting hillbilly can now be owned :cool:

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.
It has been released on Steaaaam!

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Plotac 75 posted:

It has been released on Steaaaam!

It's been on Steam before if you bought it from the website. :v:

Cody Banks
Mar 7, 2013

Crappers posted:

Alexander Goatstafsson? Best achievement name ever.

Greatest of all time.

PowerStreak
Jun 27, 2005

The day the snow turned to rain?
I set some of my first day's antics to music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpHv4Ssv38o

Grey Elephants
Jul 23, 2013
I appear to have headbutted the round 4 fighting ring goat underground. Did I break something :ohdear:

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

So, any idea what's new in the official Steam release? I've found Goatbrawl, but that's about it. Apart from the new custom goat mutators, of course.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Tunahead posted:

So, any idea what's new in the official Steam release? I've found Goatbrawl, but that's about it. Apart from the new custom goat mutators, of course.

They added more trophies to find

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

This was worth the money, and now we have the Goat Simulator that the human experience deserves.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LtkETTKilo

My friend noticed that just about every established Let's Player decided to cover this game when it came out, so he decided to poke a little fun at some of the over-the-top reactions he was seeing.

Mariposa
Sep 12, 2010
Anyone have any tips on getting the collectible under the rotating arm on top of the low-gravity building? I can't even get close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mariposa posted:

Anyone have any tips on getting the collectible under the rotating arm on top of the low-gravity building? I can't even get close.

Use slow-motion and try to jump so that you'll fall right on top of it. Chances are you'll still be clipped by the arm and you'll start standing on top of it instead of hitting the collectible, but you should eventually be able to get it if you mess around enough. The slow-motion is pretty key.

• Locked thread