Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spike McAwesome
Jun 18, 2004

Zombies? Or middle-management? I can't tell...

I love this idea and can't wait to start watching games there. It's unfortunately not on the roof of the giant tower, but one of the smaller, 5-story buildings in the area. Still going to be an amazingly unique venue. Very much looking forward to next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://www.toledowalleye.com/site/story/nick-vitucci-steps-down-as-toledo-walleye-head-coach

Nick Vitucci nooooooo :(

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Blades new owner raises beer prices by $1 to start the season, now season tickets go up $30 for next year.

And the Blades are a basement team missing the playoffs after trading off all the players we love over the course of the season, including future Hockey Hall of Famer Matt Revel who is only 17 and would be perfect to captain the team through the rebuild.

:mad:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
We're the Oilers of the whl :(

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Wasn't it kind of expected that the Blades would be in the basement for the next couple years? It seems to happen to basically every Memorial cup host team. Oh well, at least they're not Lethbridge.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

A Typical Goon posted:

It seems to happen to basically every Memorial cup host team.

Is this because they mortgage the future in order to be competitive for the Memorical cup?

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
London is the only team this doesn't apply to because they are the Penguins of the CHL and should be hated appropriately

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Xtanstic posted:

Is this because they mortgage the future in order to be competitive for the Memorical cup?

You betcha.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

A Typical Goon posted:

Wasn't it kind of expected that the Blades would be in the basement for the next couple years?

Yes, so raising beer and ticket costs makes no fuckin' sense.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Guignol posted:

London is the only team this doesn't apply to because they are the Penguins of the CHL and should be hated appropriately

I like you. Youre a pretty rad dude. :smug::hf::smug:

The most expensive Colts season tickets are the restaurant ones and they only work out to ~$18 a ticket. It also includes 3 preseason games and 2 playoff games. You guys are getting loving robbed. :(

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Jordan Thomson is playing 3 games with the Blades over the weekend. He was part of the Future Hockey Hall of Famer Matt Revel trade, and had hosed off from the Kamloops Blazers earlier in the season because they suck a bunch. Then he decided to play in the MJHL (Manitoba Junior A) instead of play for the Blades, but is here now for a weekend before going back, I guess.

He's also wearing Darren Dietz's old number (44).

Basically this kid had better be the next coming of Orr or I'm going to throw apples at him.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
I got to watch Viktor Fasth play Justin Peters tonight and at one point Zach Stortini, Ryan Parent, and Steve Eminger were all in the defensive zone. I'm so lucky.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Josh Morrissey passed Prince Albert's record for goals by a defencemen with his 23rd. 63 points in 51 games this year. Everyone always hates the Jets picks but they all seem to turn out pretty good.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

A Typical Goon posted:

Josh Morrissey passed Prince Albert's record for goals by a defencemen with his 23rd. 63 points in 51 games this year. Everyone always hates the Jets picks but they all seem to turn out pretty good.

I've watched a handful of Prince Albert games (and am watching this one right now) and I think he has been the best player on the ice every time. He covers the whole rink, and so much play runs through him.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
basically if you drafted a player in the 2013 first round you got a good player, it seems

edit: sorry montreal fans

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Verviticus posted:

basically if you drafted a player in the 2013 first round you got a good player, it seems

edit: sorry montreal fans

Lies and slander. Ryan Hartman, the Blackhawks pick, has looked pretty mediocre this year in Plymouth. Yes I know the Whalers loving suck but he still hasnt stood out on the team or anything. :colbert:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Anyone want to take bets on type of animal, time of game, and location of event for tonight's Saskatoon Blades' Critters, Pucks n' Paws Night?

I'm taking a grey tabby cat in the visitor's bench during a third period timeout.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Pleads posted:

Anyone want to take bets on type of animal, time of game, and location of event for tonight's Saskatoon Blades' Critters, Pucks n' Paws Night?

I'm taking a grey tabby cat in the visitor's bench during a third period timeout.

It wont last that long. 1st intermission, one of those annoying little purse dogs, chasing the zamboni.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Pleads posted:

So the idea is to cram hundreds of cats and dogs that aren't familiar with each other into a noisy stadium full of flashing lights, unexpected horns and swarms of people? This is going to be a disaster. Who thought this was a good idea?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'm not actually sure how many animals they expect to show up, but yeah to a rational person it sounds like an awful experience for all involved (especially the animals).

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Minor league baseball teams have "bring your dog to the park" night all the time. I doubt anyone's bringing cats unless in a carrier, and they usually require dogs be leashed.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

DJExile posted:

Minor league baseball teams have "bring your dog to the park" night all the time. I doubt anyone's bringing cats unless in a carrier, and they usually require dogs be leashed.

Yes but in that instance the dogs are 1) outdoors 2) not subject to Gary Glitter blasting over the speakers at regular intervals and 3) not subject to the sudden blaring of the goal horn and subsequent crowd roar.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fair point.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
I'm assuming they'll fence in the dog section somehow, but I still think a dog's making it into Q and taking a huge poo poo right next to 7lip's seat

Pleads posted:

A big Shepherd, be it Australian, German or otherwise, is going to jump the rail at V and make it to the ice during the second intermission when the radio people open the big door to do their usual little stunt. I'll also accept a dog running out when the Blades take the ice and is promptly named the starting goaltender in the game

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

LEM had a dog night a season or two ago. This year's is April 13th. Expect a really lovely game! :downsrim:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
There's a fun game at Rexall in Edmonton tomorrow: The two best teams in the WHL East, Edmonton and Calgary, play each other, as a repeat of what was last years ECF and very well could be this years.

(then as a doubleheader the two worst NHL west teams play each other at rexall later or something, a clearly worse game)

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

fits posted:

There's a fun game at Rexall in Edmonton tomorrow: The two best teams in the WHL East, Edmonton and Calgary, play each other, as a repeat of what was last years ECF and very well could be this years.

(then as a doubleheader the two worst NHL west teams play each other at rexall later or something, a clearly worse game)

I'm going to both! Pretty pumped for the WHL game, and the second one...well I guess I just hate myself and my wallet that much.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
so the AHL game in San Antonio tonight between the Rampage and the Texas Stars was ended after 7 minutes of play due to ice conditions. Apparently they somehow managed to gently caress up ice so badly that the concrete underneath the rink was damaged.

I think this was some sort of big event, because it was scheduled to take place in the 19,000 seat stadium the San Antonio Spurs play in. Imagine going to an outdoor game and being told you had to leave after 7 minutes because they screwed up the rink.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The Rampage play all their home games at the Spurs arena. Wonder what they did to the ice.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

San Antonio has bad luck with ice conditions. They were the team who LEM was playing when the Pink the Rink didn't allow the ice to freeze like 5 years ago.

Speaking of... we're doing the Pink the Rink again on March 21st. We've done it a couple times since then, so hopefully it works again.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

ElwoodCuse posted:

The Rampage play all their home games at the Spurs arena. Wonder what they did to the ice.

ah right then.. Strange that they would have this serious of a problem then.

To be fair the tweets I am reading about this are rather vague on if the concrete is damaged or not, and if the game is called off or not. The teams have removed all their sticks and equipment from the benches in any case.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Hockles posted:

San Antonio has bad luck with ice conditions. They were the team who LEM was playing when the Pink the Rink didn't allow the ice to freeze like 5 years ago.

Speaking of... we're doing the Pink the Rink again on March 21st. We've done it a couple times since then, so hopefully it works again.

Hopefully it works better than it did in Rockford this year.

Also, gonna see Pekka tomorrow. :toot:

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Starsfan posted:

ah right then.. Strange that they would have this serious of a problem then.

To be fair the tweets I am reading about this are rather vague on if the concrete is damaged or not, and if the game is called off or not. The teams have removed all their sticks and equipment from the benches in any case.

The game was officially suspended to a time to be determined. It was really vague. I went to Norfolk (Ducks) vs Manchester (Kings). The Monarchs have the best record in the AHL right now. Norfolk took the weekend series, with an impressive 4-1 win tonight. Worst part was promising D-Man Sami Vatanen leaving the game with an injury. Viktor Fasth has been good on his conditioning assignment. There were also mystery pucks for charity and I got Dave Steckel.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Sam Bennett fought Scott Laughton, it was pretty awesome. He's looked pretty good this game generally for how much he's gone up against Laughton.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Bennett and Reinhart have both looked great all year, but they've really blown up since the WJCs finished. They're both separating themselves from the rest of the pack in a good way; I'd be very surprised to see anyone other than Ekblad/Reinhart/Bennett go in the top 3 this upcoming draft

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Mark Arcobello named AHL player of the week with 7 points in 3 games

quote:

In the first of back-to-back games against Rockford, Arcobello picked up a goal and an assist on Friday night as Oklahoma City rallied from three separate deficits to pull out a 5-4 overtime win. On Saturday, he notched a goal and two assists as the Barons beat the IceHogs again, 5-4. And on Sunday, Arcobello recorded a goal and an assist to help his club to a 6-5 win over San Antonio.

Free Arcobello

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

whatis posted:

Bennett and Reinhart have both looked great all year, but they've really blown up since the WJCs finished. They're both separating themselves from the rest of the pack in a good way; I'd be very surprised to see anyone other than Ekblad/Reinhart/Bennett go in the top 3 this upcoming draft

It really does seem that way, with Ekblad apparently solidifying himself as the #1. Another thing to look out for between Bennett and Reinhart is that Bennett is younger by seven and a half months, so all else being equal that's a pretty big point in Bennett's favour.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Scherbak gonna move up like 15 spots in the last 6 games and unseat Sam "lazy shithead uglyface" Reinhart.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

whatis posted:

maybe if ehlers doesn't stop scoring at his a hundred goals an hour pace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeader
Dec 20, 2004

Custom Title
Anyone follow any BCHL hockey? West Kelowna Warriors just beat the Vernon Vipers 5-1 in game 1 of playoff action, after going 5/5 on the powerplay.

• Locked thread