Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
This is the recruitment megathread; a clearinghouse for goon game recruitment. If you've just made a new Play by Post Recruitment thread, feel free to link it in here with a very brief description of the system, the amount of players you want, and a general description of your game ( the game you are running, not the system). Feel free to post for any games you are running intended for your fellow SA gamers; be they play by post, IRC based, Roll20, whatever.

A few brief guidelines:

1) Absolutely no discussion should be in this thread. Do not post anything other than links and descriptions in here.

2) When you have finished recruiting, please edit your post in here to indicate that recruitment is now closed.

Thank you.

The old thread is here, it is being restarted to keep Zorak from getting the odd confused PM. If you want to repost your recruit from the old thread into here, feel free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

This went up last night, thought i'd re-post it here just in case. There have been some submissions, but the more the merrier.

Thread: Sign up to be a fantasy Bounty Hunter today!
System: Dungeon World
Format: PbP
Players: 4 (maybe 5)

Description: A 'one shot' game lasting a month or so - you and your crew have received word from The Adventurer's Guild that there is a new bounty up for grabs! Go kill a necromancer and collect the reward. There's nothing to fear apart from the undead, dark magic, and enemy bounty hunters. Happy Hunting!

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Reposting my lovely anime game:

Thread: [DnD 4E] Breakfast Cult: Shoot the Bastet
System: Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition (with some FAE tacked on)
Format: PBP
Players: 4-5 (two reserved, so 2-3 apps will be accepted)

Description: You're part of Occultar Academy's journalism club, and it's your job to report on anything and everything that happens in the school. Unfortunately for you, a lot of crazy occult poo poo tends to happen in this school. Anime as hell.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Thread: All The Anime
System: Fate Core
Players: 4-6

Description: A non-serious game making fun of every anime we can think of, where every possible combination of anime generas has it's own isolated world, and only a few Main Characters have realized that they can travel between worlds by finding the boundaries of their world. This game will run in Fate, so creativity is encouraged.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Forums Terrorist posted:

Thread: Protectorate Of The Dead
System: Fate Accelerated Edition
Players: 3-5ish

Description:It's a Weird War 2 game! You're Russians on the Eastern Front, liberating Minsk during Operation Bagration; you're also trying to capture a high-ranking SS officer for ~reasons~.

Repostin'

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
Thread: [L5R 4e] Magistrates of the Emerald Stars (name is WIP)
System: Legend of the Five Rings 4e
Players: 4-6 (maybe more if I feel lucky)

Description: It's the Emerald of the Empire Stars setting, as seen in Imperial Histories 2. If you don't know what that is it's Rokugan in Space! You are going to be Emerald Magistrates, investigating crimes that are deemed necessary and angering everyone - except you're in space now.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Game: In space no one can hear you make increasingly poor decisions.
System: CYOA homebrew
Players:

Description: Hello one and all! Welcome to 'In space no one can hear you make increasingly poor decisions'. A homebrew CYOA without too much statting... well maybe a little, lets see how it goes. Features to be added and removed as we go! Your guy isn't the smartest, strongest, fastest or luckiest BUT he does get himself into.. situations, possibly? Space is so very big. Your ship is pretty empty right now, but hopefully we can fill it up with lots of explosive goodies?

Re-posting as looks like the thread moved over soon after

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Thread: Lo-tech Man, Hi-tech World
System: The Sprawl (Apocalypse Word hack)
Players: About four?

Description: A cyberpunk game about cyber punks cyberpunking in a cyberpunk future.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Thread: Magical Mystery Tour (planarch codex itt)
Players: 4+

Description: Let's all basically adventure and explore and build a setting inspired by the Dark Heart of the Dreamer sourcebook, and by extension Planescape, Eberron, Dark Sun, etc.

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Thread: Star Wars: After the Escape
System: Fantasy Flight Game's new Star Wars system. Combines Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion.
Format: Play by Post
Players: 5-7.

Description: You and your crew have finally done it. You've escaped the palace and the city controlled by Teemo the Hutt. Aboard your stolen space freighter, Krayt Fang, you've got the entire Galaxy out before you and only one angry worm on your tail.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
Thread: The Final Voyage of the Vanguard
System: GURPS 4E
Format: Play-by-Post
Players: 5+

Description: The Commonwealth of Former Earth Colonies and the Interstellar Federation are at war! A long-lasting stalemate might be able to be broken, with the help of a decoy mission breaking through one of the Federation's key fortresses. But can the aging battleship survive?

Live out your fantasies of being Jean-Luc Picard or Yang Wen-li, or one of the many supporting officers that nobody remembers. Fight gratuitous space battles!

Cancelled due to lack of interest.

Cardinal Ximenez fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 20, 2014

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Modern Day Demigods
Filled!

System: Fate Core, newbie friendly
Format: Play-by-Post

The Game:

White Wolf's Scion is a fun setting a concept, let down by unbalanced rules, questionable lore descisions and generally White Wolf being White Wolf. So I'm transplanting the good bits to Fate.

An unusual murder has the conventional authourities baffled. They don't know to look for demons and ancient monsters as the culprits. Instead, it's up to a group of half-divine, half-mortals from a variety of faiths to work together and solve a mystery spanning this world and others, while dealing with the balance of secrecy and the whims of their divine parents.

Elfface fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 4, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
January Contest Playtesting

System: Whatever I'm playtesting at the time.
Format: IRC, Roll20, Skype
Players: 2-?, preferably at least 3 for most cases I think.

Description: I ran the January game design contest. I'm judging entries now. Some of them are complete enough to play; I feel that not giving them a shot in actual play would be detrimental to doing my job right. I'm having trouble getting volunteers for players though. Hit me up on SynIRC at #badwrongfun or elsewhere. I'm in almost all of the time.

GenericRX
Jun 29, 2013
Living Spycraft

System: Spycraft 2.0
Players: At least 3

Description: Your national intelligence service has contacted you: one of your colleagues, now in their employ, has given them an outstanding recommendation of you. They'd like to know more before offering you the position, and your interview will be held here, in a beautiful, all-expenses-paid resort in Málaga, Spain. At the airport, waiting for the van, something doesn't seem right: your fellow applicants don't seem like your countrymen...

Welcome to UNITAS.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
OOC Discussion Thread: Men Among Gods
Game Thread: Men Among Gods
System: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (2e) with Homebrew elements
Players: 6 to 8

Description: Warhammer is a relatively grimdark game; I aim to make it even moreso by having the Gods Themselves (or at least their descendants and heirs) walking the earth. In the shadow of such greatness, what can mere mortals possibly hope to accomplish?

Well, they may start off at the bottom, but they just might rise to acquire riches, renown, and sufficient might to alter the course of entire nations. Or they may be, you know, swallowed up body and soul by the Chaos lurking behind Reality. Or maybe both.

Recruit will close at the end of Thursday, 27 February. Recruit is now closed.

TychoBrahesNose fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 28, 2014

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Thread: [SOTH Recruiting] Let's Summon a Dark God!
System: SOTH
Players: 3-6
Description: I want to imagine the game panning out as a 'Burn After Reading' meets the Call of Cthulhu type of Black Comedy with horror subplot. It's a campaign for miscreants and ne'er-do-wells who can see the humor in the horrible.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 14, 2014

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Thread: [Some Heartbreaker] Basic Breaker Alpha-Test Recruiting/OOC
System: Some Heartbreaker
Players: 3-5
Description: Alpha test of Some Heartbreaker set in a genre of generic Rules Compendium style fantasy.

Paolomania fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 6, 2014

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Thread: Wanderers of a Divided Land
System: Freeform narrative
Players: 3-6
Description: A free-form narrative sort of fantasy game about magical people doing mythical and magical things in an age which follows Gotterdammerung. My personal interpretation of the backstory (we haven't gotten through to a climatic reveal yet) is that Yahweh won the Ascension Wars, threw down the Pretender Gods and has been quietly keeping things together since. The players are people (mostly) who have been marked or otherwise bear the leavings of one of the Pretender Gods, magic pact, cursed demon hand, etc. who have been driven out from their communities for the same. The game has been on a slow burn for the past number of months due to personal issues for everyone involved, but things are thawing out/getting better all around.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thread: Alchemy, Cyborgs, Magic! Let's Play(test)!
System: Tenra Bansho Zero
Format: IRC
Players: 2-?
Description: A planned to be ongoing IRC game of TBZ set in a more pseudo-medieval fantasy/science fiction world with some house rules for things from Gust JRPGs like alchemy and song magic. Rules may change over time as I tweak them and get feedback.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Thread: [Tash-Kalar] Something Awful Tournament
Description: Come play Tash-Kalar in a tournament with us. Whether or not you've played Tash-Kalar previously, odds are you will have a pretty good chance of doing well in a tournament, because it's a pretty easy game to pick up! The tournament is currently being organized, with final format and bracket style still undetermined, so if you think you'd at all be interested, drop by and let us know.

Discussion and planning has been closed, please see updated listing below for sign-ups for the first tournament!

Clockwork Gadget fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 2, 2014

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Thread: -The World- Online: They put WHAT in their MMO Game!? [OOC/Recruit]
System: Modified Fate Core
Description: Investigate the MMORPG known as -The World- Online through your hacker know how and video game experience in order to find out about the parent company, and just find out how RIDICULOUS things can get.

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 2, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Thread: Imperial Security Bureau: Prosperity through Control
System: Fantasy Flight Star Wars (primarily Age of Rebellion), homebrewed into rules to play as the Empire
Players: 6-8
Description: Join the ISB as part of the new elite Section 96, hunting Rebel scum across the galaxy!

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 22, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Thread: GODGAME: PRIME
System: Homebrew
Players: 8 (maybe more but not likely)

Description: I was tired of a bunch of house rules sometimes going 5-10 pages long for PDQ. This is simpler and probably been done before. You get points to spend for doing things that make sense for your character basically. Each point goes into an attribute that lets you do these things. There are hardly any dice rolls.

In any case its a game where you are gods of a living breathing world.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 8, 2014

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Thread: Welcome to the Big Gay End of the World
System: Dream Askew
Format: Skype/Roll20
Players Needed: 1-2 (woooo we lost a player)

Description: Experience the end of days through a queer lens in the weird and wonderful ruins of a Disneyland-esque theme park! Rated M for Magical.

Post in the thread or find us in #queerpocalypse on synirc.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Thread: Magical Thinking
System: Unknown Armies
Players: 3-5
Description: Street-level UA game that kicks off with a bequest from the dude who ran games for you back in high-school.

psychopomp fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 3, 2014

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Thread: The SA Open Tash-Kalar Tournament
System: Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends
Format: VASSAL
Players: Open Sign-Ups, unlimited, applications close Sunday, March 9th.
Description: With planning and discussion finished, the first season of The Something Awful Open Tash-Kalar Tournament has begun! Come join us as we play venerated board game designer Vlaada Chvatil's newest creation: a one-on-one game of magical arena combat. Familiarity with Tash-Kalar is not required, and players of all skill levels are accepted! All that's required of you is one hour or so a week to sit down and blow your opponent's pieces to bits. Applications close when the tournament begins on Sunday, March 9th; so don't waste time, apply now!

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Thread: [.hack//Fate Core] -The World-: They put WHAT in their MMO Game!? [OOC]R2
System: .hack//Fate(Modified Fate Core)
Description: Investigate the MMORPG known as -The World- Online through your hacker know-how and video game experience in order to find out about the parent company, and just find out how RIDICULOUS things can get.

Posted a new thread and renewed recruitment due to a MASSIVE revamp of the rules.

devilmaydry fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 2, 2014

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Thread: [ACKS] The Mirrored HAll [Recruit and OOC]
System: ACKS
Players: 4, I plan to close recruitment next Monday 03/10/14.
Description: Travel to the Mirrored Hall and pass through its seven mirrors to explore the other side.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Thread: Home of the Last Samurai - Republic of Ezo NationSim
System: Mix of RP/Stat system, character based
Format: Turn based updates by email, with PBP for in character stuff
Players: Unlimited

Description: An alternate history timeline where the Republic of Ezo survives the Boshin war, the players join as any figure in the government/country and pursue whatever goals they see fit. Maximo Roboto is co-GM. IRC is #bop on synirc.

JosefStalinator fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Mar 3, 2014

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Thread: Orcs of Thar: Pigs In Time And Space
System: D&D Basic - Orcs of Thar GAZ
Players: 2-6
Description: There is a strange hole what just appeared. You are going through it. Thrills and spills will ensue, as will adventure.

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Thread: Dungeon's Souls: You Came, You Died, You Defeated
Players: 4 and up
Description: You died and wake up in a cell, zombified yet immortal. Escape this mind numbing safety and go explore a mythical forgotten land, solve the mystery of your curse, and vanquish horrible beasts.

Game's filling up fast! If anyone else is interested at least mark your interest within the next 24 hours!

App time is up!

slydingdoor fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Mar 6, 2014

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Thread: Star Wars For a Fist Full of Credits
System: Star Wars Edge of the Empire
Format: Kinda trying to decide that
Players: 4 to 6
Description: Smuggler friend or colleague died, you and a few of his other associates have just inherited his ship and maybe a couple of jobs. More of an episodic game.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Thread: Purple Prose and Yellow Kings
System: Eldritch Horror
Format: PBP Board Game
Players: 4, 6 or 8
Description: Let's test out goon Kerro's King in Yellow mod in Fantasy Flight Games' improved and streamlined version of Arkham Horror.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 6, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Thread: [FATE] Space is the Place!
System: Fate Core
Players: 4-5
Description: Join the crew of the odd jobs ship Yorozuya and get to the bottom of an intergalactic smuggling ring in this episodic anime-inspired space adventure!

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Thread: Welcome to the Retro-Future: The Night Avenger!
System: CYOA
Players: Whoever votes!
Description: The year is 2013, and the crime-ridden streets and synth-drenched sands of Miami, Florida have met their new hero: the hard-driving, heavy-hitting, helmeted hero known as the Night Avenger, here to kick cyber-ganger rear end, take names, and listen to some kickin-rad tunes.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Thread: 31st Age - Space Opera 13th Age!
System: 13th Age
Players: 4 - 5
Description: A reflavoured 13th Age game featuring a motley group of interstellar roustabouts rambling through the galaxy in a spaceship, having adventures and seeking fame and fortune.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Thread: [Only War] Get Some
System: Only War
Players: 6 - 9
Description: Game will be focused on the mounted combat and unexpected, powerful enemies on a paradise planet that hasn't seen any conflict in a century; the players are seasoned guardsmen who have fought OFF planet but have been pretty much relegated to parade routes for the past three years. The regiment primarily uses hunting lances and power spears, and has other weapons that were used primarily for riot control.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Thread: [Torchbearer] Every Cheap Hood Strikes a Bargain with the World...
System: Torchbearer
Players: ~3-4.
Description: It's basically old-school Basic D&D, except with the system from Mouse Guard or Burning Wheel. Go on an adventure, get some loot, maybe make a name for yourself. If you don't die. No knowledge of the rules is required to start; we'll be easing into the system for everybody (including myself).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Thread: Time Cops!
System: Fate Accelerated Edition
Players: 2-5
Description: He's Julius Caesar, she's Joan of Arc, together they fight Time Crime!

Recruitment complete

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
Thread: [L5R 4e] Legionnaires of the Emerald Stars
System: Legend of the Five Rings 4e
Players: 4-6 (maybe more if I feel lucky)

Description: It's the Emerald of the Empire Stars setting, as seen in Imperial Histories 2. If you don't know what that is it's Rokugan in Space! You are going to be Imperial Legionnaires, fighting horrible things (or maybe nice things who knows) in space for the sake of the empire with possible intra-legion clan-based politicking to shake things up. Would you like to know more?

• Locked thread