Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Thread: Theros: Land of Opportunity
System: 13th Age
Format: PBP
Players: 4-6
Description: 13th Age rules are used to explore the land of Theros, a world based on Greek myth and legend (and the Magic: The Gathering plane of the same name).

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Thread: [Recruiting] 3:16, Carnage Amongst the Stars: Cosmic Meat Grinder
System: 3:16, Carnage Amongst the Stars
Description: Go forth and die conquer all other life in the Universe.

Recruitment Closed, Thanks for quick response!

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 19, 2014

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Thread: My Earth is Me
Game: Nobilis
Format: IRC
Time: Saturday evenings, EST
Premise: Refugees from a fallen world begin streaming into Earth, along with their gods. You must sort it all out.

NOW CLOSED

Rand Brittain fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 8, 2014

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Game: Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle
System: D&D 5e
Format: PbP
Description: A lord's manor is attacked, a Red Wizard of Thay has been captured, a yearly festival is coming up and there may just be an execution to top it all off. And something big is growing. You were in town for the festival, but will you stand up when help is needed?

A series of adventures starting at 1st level and extending up through tenth.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Thread: Dresden Files: Kansas City Here I Come!
System: Dresden Files RPG
Format: PBP, IRC for table-chatter
Description: You're a high schooler living in Kansas City, living amongst faeries, vampires, werecreatures, creatureweres, and whoever those guys are inside the Google Fiber vans. Go explore mysteries with your friends and talking dog.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Game cancelled.

Thread: From Seed to Sprout to Blossom
System: Dungeon World
Format: PBP with IRC for OOC stuff
Players: 5 or so
Description: You're an inhabitant of a newborn, magical world that's still a dreamy haze of concepts, images, and ideals. You and your party members will stumble upon the first of the world's growing pains and thus start an adventure to shape the world in its growth. You choose, as part of your application, what sort of just-past-tribal-era societies are in the world and what sort of magics are part of it. Highlights include philosophical debates with party members, fist debates with enemies, surviving a world bifurcated between light and shadow and trying not to lose your will to exist.

Trigger warnings: #existentalism #despair #existentialist despair

King Cohort fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 2, 2014

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Thread: [Rogue Trader] In the grim dark future there is only the 1%(OOC)
System: Rogue Trader
Players: 1
Description: Need a replacement for a MIA

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Thread: [Vampire] Unlive Fast, Final Die Hard
System: Modified Strix Chronicle/nWoD Vampire
Description: New System, Old Setting, mish-mash of character types! Navigate your Requiem as a young vampire in a world that never found Gehenna! I apologize for the number of posts made right off the bat oh man.

Yalborap
Oct 13, 2012
Thread: X-COMmunicated. See the wonders of a post-invasion world
System:Apocalypse World.
Description: The apocalypse in question was a failed X-COM campaign, and now there's aliens and laser rifles and poo poo around on top of the usual bandits and other apocalypse-y things. Now come try to make your way in a world warped by intergalactic war.

Closed.

Yalborap fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 24, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Game: Brought to you by the Letter A
System: Only War
Type: PbP, hanging out in #acolyte on irc.synirc.net helps a ton as well
Players: 6
Description: Drop on Space Afghanistan as Space Spetsnaz to kill space-browns with space lasers.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Game: Wrath of the Righteous
System: Pathfinder
Type: Roll20 on Tuesday nights EST.
Players: 4, with 2 already chosen.
Description: Come and kill demons in Paizo's most epic, over the top adventure path!

Arivia fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 22, 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Game: Space Hulk Game!
System: Only War
Type: PbP, with heavy #acolyte on irc.synirc.net support!
Players: 6-9
Description: Be part of an Adeptus Mechanicus/Inquisition vanguard strike force towards a big rear end space hulk that dropped in the middle of the Spinward Front. Battle pretty much every organism that hates the Imperium in search of ancient artefacts/knowledge! High XP game!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Game: Under the Shadow
System: Numenera with some house-rules
Type: Play-by-Post
Players: 3-6
Description: Investigate the mysterious circumstances of a town's sudden destruction with a bunch of futuristic murderhoboes party of brave Glaives, Nanos, and Jacks!

SunAndSpring fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jun 1, 2014

Eyflfla
Jan 25, 2004

Namu Amida Butsu
Game: Rise of the Gods
System: Scion with some house rules
Type: Chat Venue
Players: we have 20-30 active players, about 10 of them are on almost every night.
Description: Children of gods vs the Titans. The game has been running for over a year. Players have battled the Wyld Hunt running free in London, a zombie plague in China, the accidental summoning of Ymir, meteorites launched from the moon with atomic force, Ragnorak is currently happening, the home land of the greeks has been overrun by Gaia. Current character generation starts off at Demi-god level with 4-500 xp.

The cool thing about our game is that this is all backstory. The current front runners (people who have been on the site since day one) are fastly closing in on Godhood. When a good portion of the player base reaches god hood we are going to shift the game forward 20 years. Then, new characters will be able to be scions of the old pcs. The shift is about 6 months or so away, but if you are active it won't be hard to catch up.

For those that aren't familiar with chat venues here's how they work: There is a chat full of rooms where you can go In Character, this is also referred to as Coffee Shopping. This is actually where all the important things happen because you can plan and plot with the other pcs. You're even allowed to make rolls and we really don't mind if you adlib minor scenery things. STs will come on and run scenes. This is usually in the evening but there are forums where you can request certain scenes, and we try to announce in skype ahead of time. Alot of time it depends on how many people are on. We are good about accommodating late comers to scenes if it is thematically appropriate. So that is chat. Then there are forums where your character sheet is stored, and there are IC and OOC forums and where you post Xp and scene requests and bluebooks. Bluebook posts are for things your character doesn't necessarily need a whole scene to themselves for. i.e. Crafting a weapon, investigating rumours or on a more grand scale bringing vaccinations and medicine to the third world or cleaning up the site of a nuclear disaster.

I am Eyflfla everywhere I go, question me on skype or the landsasunder chat.

p.s. We could use some more Story Tellers too!

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Game: None but the Dead
System: D&D 4e
Type: PBP
Players: Looking for 4-5.
Description: None but the Dead is going to be a reverse ravenloft where undead heroes are spat out of the domains of dread into a terrifying land of good weather, scenic beauty, and untold danger!

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Game: Bfod's Mansion
Recruitment Closed, Game started!
Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3637843
Gamethread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3641570
System: Homebrew. PRIME, a diceless point-bid system worked up by IamCommunist
Players: 6-8

Description: You are entities residing in a house in the mid-1980s. You will grow in power(or be ground to dust) and interact with the house, other players, and its inhabitants.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 9, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Game: Swat 4(0k)
System: Modified/reskined warhammer 40k Only War
Type: PbP
Players: 2-3

Description: This is my arbites/SWAT rule hack for Only War. One of my initial picks disappeared between submission and the game starting and never posted, and another is unreliable, so I'm looking for 2-3 players to supplement the team. I would be looking specifically for Riot Officers, Recon officers, and Breachers. If none of that makes sense, it's explained in the recruit. Your characters will be introduced once the current players finish killing hiver-terrorists.

Here is the game thread. Seriously, I just got us onto page 2, so not hard to catch up.

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Game: One Piece: The Crew from South Blue
System: Atomic Robo RPG
Type: PbP
Players: 5-7

Description: You are each part of a newly formed crew, ready to take on the Grand Line. Fame, adventure, and, most importantly, the fulfillment of your dreams, lie just ahead!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Game: Tesladyne and the Chariots of the Gods
System: Atomic Robo RPG (Fate Core)
Players: 4-5
Description: Action! Science! Adventure! Aliens! (Maybe.)

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Thread: [GURPS 4E Recruiting]Monster Hunters: The Freaks come out in Edmonton
System: GURPS 4e

Description: Monsters are real. They’re not easy to track, not easy to find, but they’re real. And they’re worth money. Of course, you don’t know any of this yet. You’re just out going out to the woods to work on a project for a filmography class, at an old cabin your professor just bought.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Game: NyarlathoTech: The Ashton Foundation
System: Modified Atomic Robo RPG (Fate Core)
Description: Travel the world in search of weird occult objects on behalf of a major NGO!

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
Game: Robo '94 - "I'm sorry, Inter-what?"
System: Atomic Robo RPG
Players: 4 - 6
Format PbP
Description: Wear slapbands and talk about how cool Live are while investigating explosive space science conspiracies. Ability to imitate dial-up modem noises a plus.

Atomic Robo has been criminally neglected around here since it came out, but we'll forge ahead and try it out even though no-one else is playing it.

Cloak Gaming
May 27, 2014

Our official stuff

CloakGaming.com

Discounts for Goons

Our SAMart thread
Game: Budding Heroes combat play test
System: Budding Heroes
Players: 2-6 (multiple scheduled groups)
Format: Roll20, Skype (text is OK, voice is preferred)
Description: Looking for players interested in trying out a new game; mainly testing out enemy balance and getting a fresh set of eyes toward the overall experience.

Update:
Just in case you didn't bother reading the game's thread because you don't have BH, it's worth noting here that everyone in the playtest is getting access to the combat rulebook for free - no :10bux: or :filez: required.

There has been enough interest to form three groups so far, and enrollment is still open for any newcomers. These groups each have three players; the Tuesday one will be using Mumble for the voice chat, the other two use Skype. All will still be using Roll20 for the actual gameplay part of the sessions.
  • Tuesdays: 9:00PM EST (Wed 01:00 GMT)
  • Thursdays: 3:00PM EST (Thurs 19:00 GMT)
  • Saturdays: 6:00PM EST (Sat 22:00 GMT)

Cloak Gaming fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 11, 2014

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Game: Dead Survival
Players: 3-4 initially, with potential for expansion.
System: GURPS 4E
Format: Play-By-Post
Description: Realistic survival horror campaign with a grand scale. Players must find a safe place to survive the zombie apocalypse, handle internal conflicts, and train themselves to survive in the post-apocalyptic world. Begins in New York City.

RECRUITMENT CLOSED

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 4, 2014

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Game: This is how you get Ant(spirits)!
System: Shadowrun 4E
Description: Come work for ISIS' new Seattle branch. Which isn't just a crap hole we're hiding stuff in while the heat dies down

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Game: "The Times, They Are a-Changin."
Players: 5-6
System: Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
Description: Re-writing the Silver Age of Marvel comics, from 1963, and the founding of an alternate "Avengers" team.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Game: SA's Bizarre Adventure
System: FAE
Description: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure-themed game, set in alternate-history 1965.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Game: Neverwinter: A Call For Heroes!
Players: Just need 1 replacement.
System: 4e D&D
Description: We kicked a player out due to some long-standing issues. Come join one of the longest-running and best 4e PBPs on SA, now heading into its second year. We need a second striker to venture through the Realms with, and that could be you!

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
Game: Vampire: The Masquerade -- Primogen
Players: 6
System: Political Strategy Homebrew
Format: PbP + PMs/email/IRC
Description: Scheming, maneuvering, and betrayal as players take on the role of clan Primogen trying to navigate 2004 Los Angeles through the aftermath of the Bloodlines computer game. Never-tested homebrew system!

Starting soon, but still one slot available!

FiddlersThree fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 13, 2014

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Game: Gravesend
Players: 3-5
System: FATE
Description: The world of Gravesend is one much like our own, but with hidden undercurrents that the characters are on the brink of being swept up into. As they become more involved in the world they’re slowly learning about just to side of our own, they’re becoming more familiar with the dangers that new world holds.

Namagem
Feb 14, 2011

The Magic Of Friendship
Game: Whiskey and Rye: Some Live and Some Die

System: Tavern Tales

Description: Taverns have many uses: Drowning your sorrows, meeting locals in a new town, or above all, conducting business. People of all kinds are looking for someone to perform some task for the promise of good coin.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Tempus Fuggit
Players: 5-6
Format: Roll20/Skype

Description: Travel through time, live the high life in fantastic locales and ice any monster who dares step to your crew. It's a little like Suicide Squad, a little like Saints Row and a little like Planescape. If you're interested in high-minded concepts like "fun" and "asskicking", come and apply!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Red Dawn

You've lived a normal, wholesome life in the heartland of the world's greatest superpower, but all that came to an end when the Red Menace swept over your land. Now you're fighting for your lives in a desperate battle against impossible odds. Can you liberate your homeland, or are the idyllic days of peace and freedom a thing of the past?

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Giant Guardian Galaxy Opera
Players: 3-6
System: GGG
Format IRC/Roll20

In a divided galaxy ruled by war, the leaders of a young Republic have entrusted you with devastating weapons of war and the hope that you can reunify humanity, through peace or war.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

My Favourite Pastime
Players: 3-5
System: secret police, an Apocalypse World hack

Ever watched The Lives of Others or played Papers Please? You get to be a cog in a very large and unfeeling machine, systematically ironing the social fabric of East Germany flat with a very large hammer.

Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lu0G1xCjEM

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Shiny is Good: The Jewel of Yavin Redux
Players: 5-6 Base character creation, then take a bonus 100xp
System: Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars. (Specifically, Edge of the Empire, not opposed to Age of Rebellion content)

Trying to run Jewel of Yavin again, hopefully with better luck!

jivjov fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 9, 2014

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Thread: Rock Band Going on Tour! Drummer Needed! Superpowers a Plus!
System: FAE
Players: 1 (maybe 2)

Description: This is a recruit for one, maybe two (if two blow me away) characters to continue a game about getting super powers, not knowing what to do with them, and the process of figuring it out while on tour. Influences include Scooby Doo, Josie and the Pussycats, The Runaways, and the Blues Brothers. For questions catch me on synirc at #ferg or #magikfrog.

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking
Beneath a Steel Sky
System: Apocalypse World

You live under a giant metal canopy that stretches to all horizons supported by an enormous pillar, in an endless junkyard burying cities. Earn your daily bread beneath the steel sky.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Thread: [DnD 4e] All That Glitters
System: DnD 4th Edition

Play as an adventuring party called to stamp out crime in the Dragon Empire's richest city. Emphasis on social mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevermore214
Aug 26, 2011
Thread: [Dungeon World] The Indigo Galleon
System: Dungeon World
Format: PbP (At least 4 times a week requirement)
Players: 3-7
Last week, a once-in-a-decade tempest forced your party to take shelter
in the tiny fishing village of Codcliffe — a hardscrabble settlement far from the heart of the Empire.

This morning, after the storm broke, you were joined there by a Captain-Senator and his bodyguard. These impressive persons are castaways from HMS Relentless, an indigo-sailed Imperial treasure
galleon. She lies beached on a nearby tide flat that is shunned by the villagers, a place where the octopus folk gather to bellow at the comets...

• Locked thread