Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
what's up, leprous colon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

The Leper Colon V posted:

The bacteria count in my body! :pseudo:

Digimon was the poo poo, but I can't watch it any more. My nostalgia can't survive the terrible voice-acting.

I've had this username since I was 11, true story

I'm 26 almost 27 now

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It's less impressive if you think I'm 15

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

What if you never stopped being 15?

I would still have an encyclopedic knowledge of gundam and warhammer hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

I always liked the concept of Gundam but could never stick all the way through a series. The exception was G Gundam. I'm more of a Super Robot guy.

I'm the opposite. I find the idea of giant robots inherently retarded and pretty much the only things with that premise I still like are Evangelion (which is a big gently caress You at the whole mecha genre) and classic gundam (which is pretty much a straight up war story, you could take the giant robots out and replace them with dogfighting airplanes and change nothing)

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Pacific Rim was a garbage movie and if you liked it you have bad taste, also

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It's okay if you like super robot stuff (and actually I really like Big O so that's definitely worth a mention) but the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP stuff has always grated on my rear end. That's one way I actually haven't changed since I was a stupid teenager.

Now this Kill la Kill show is alright, it's completely retarded and I dig that

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
1) yea pretty much I wouldn't want my mom to see me watching this poo poo, but it's kind of ignorable if you're a reasonable adult male who's not into crudely drawn cartoons

2) Pierce Brosnan was a good Bond but by Die Another Day he was kinda old and doughy and basically the sort of dude your grandma would think of as handsome

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

My grandmother manipulated her children to fight one-another, and spent the last 20 years of her life convinced that her old neighbors were stalking her. Despite that she moved three states away.

Mental illness is genetic, and I am so loving boned.

That sucks bro, my granddad had the alzheimers and I heard it skips a generation so I live in fear of that, myself.

Also Live and Let Die is so obviously the best Bond intro I won't loving hear any other opinions on the matter

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Swamp Fancy posted:

They all start like that! It's okay if you don't want to chat about bond, we can talk about something else. Do you like Gladiator movies?

Gladiator is literally my number one favorite movie of all time.

It's just the most perfect complete movie I've ever seen.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

quote:

Man, getting old loving sucks. It's why I started smoking again. That, and an addictive personality.

You're 23, you're not loving old.

I'm basically 27, I'm old as poo poo personally.

No poo poo I actually smoke a pipe, as goony as it is I regret nothing and would never switch over to cigarettes. I don't pretend it's a ton better because I'm p. loving addicted to smoking but for my money it's a lot more pleasant

----Who the gently caress would ever crumple their toilet paper, what a disgusting thought

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

This one female friend I've got who I've had unrequited feelings for for like half a decade now is... I think 29 this year. Her mom died recently, and I was in my own little depressive slump so I couldn't even be there for her. poo poo sucks, man.

No idea what this has to do with smoking pipes, but at least I'm unlikely to repeat that answer.

It's extremely rough how life doesn't follow dramatic principles so that you'll get the opportunity to be there when people need you, but poo poo happens.

Myself, I've never had a female friend, don't really get women tbh. As long as you keep checking in with the friends you have though, you're good imo.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Well, you never will if you keep thinking like that. Serious discussion here, she's a person first, and a woman second. Or, more to the point, she's a person first and a person who has some pretty strict cultural expectations for how she's supposed to act second. I've met women who seriously thought they had no interests because girls aren't "supposed" to be interested in anything but boys, housework and looking pretty. And she wasn't interested in any of those things.

It was kind of baffling how she was both 100% subscribed to 1950s gender politics, but also completely separate from them.

It's really easy, imo, if you spend too much time listening to people on the internet, to forget that people who have "retrograde" opinions/upbringings or whatever are usually no dumber than anyone else.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
That's really rough. People I consider my friends or friendly aquaintances run a wide gamut of political and social beliefs but that's separate from who they are as people. I mean if you were really out there on the barricades fighting against human rights I wouldn't be comfortable being your friend but for the most part people are decent to other people separate from whatever their ingrained wider beliefs are.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
are you awake colon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Matoi Ryuko posted:

What if we :justpost:?

nope im gonna go have a smoke sorry