Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Slime Bro Helpdesk
Jul 2, 2007

do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

they smoke cuz they cool, duh

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009

Please remind me to get a job so I can stop spending all day posting in D&D about how I'm an unemployable failure

Filtered cigarettes, mmm so tasty. And less risk.

Slime Bro Helpdesk
Jul 2, 2007

Are there other naughty things college kids do?

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

Radbot posted:

Filtered cigarettes, mmm so tasty. And less risk.

no

Ootrek
Oct 21, 2012

i'm capten kurk

it's because they enjoy fags, and this joke is incredibly stupid and juvenile. you're reading gbs.

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks

cigarettes can give you a dose of vitamin gently caress it, which some find to be essential for getting through college

Slime Bro Helpdesk
Jul 2, 2007

*lights up a cancer stick*

"They say write what you know, and I want to know about college-aged characters that smoke and have no job prospects."

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

i smoke and do crimes OP.

BUT I GO TO TECH SCHOOL

jBrereton
May 29, 2013

No it's so they have something to talk about with other smokers they hope to gently caress.

Slime Bro Helpdesk
Jul 2, 2007

Bukowski posted:

i smoke and do crimes OP.

BUT I GO TO TECH SCHOOL

I respect several forms of higher education.

You can also imagine I put higher in quotes for an extra joke on top of my statement.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

smoking hasn't been cool for decades, much less among college students

Toad on a Hat
May 27, 2004

Dinnertime.

A surprising number of kids in my undergrad were into black tar heroin so there's that

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

you just fall out of an amish buggy or what

Slime Bro Helpdesk
Jul 2, 2007

What is the story about? Well, it's about a kid in college going through a down time at college. Do I think he's depressed? No, I think it's more just...ennui. He's something of a Wes Anderson character, if Wes Anderson had a character who wore wal-mart clothes and constantly had a Wes Anderson soundtrack stuck in their head. He's not really sure where his life is going, and it's fall. The trees are barren, which is a metaphor. Also he's writing a story. What is the story about? Well, it's about a kid in college going through a down time at college. Do I think he's depressed? No, I think it's more just...ennui. He's something of a Wes Anderson character, if Wes Anderson had a character who wore wal-mart clothes and constantly had a Wes Anderson soundtrack stuck in their head. He's not really sure where his life is going, and it's fall. The trees are barren, which is a metaphor. Also he's writing a story.What is the story about? Well, it's about a kid in college going through a down time at college. Do I think he's depressed? No, I think it's more just...ennui. He's something of a Wes Anderson character, if Wes Anderson had a character who wore wal-mart clothes and constantly had a Wes Anderson soundtrack stuck in their head. He's not really sure where his life is going, and it's fall. The trees are barren, which is a metaphor. Also he's writing a story.What is the story about? Well, it's about a kid in college going through a down time at college. Do I think he's depressed? No, I think it's more just...ennui. He's something of a Wes Anderson character, if Wes Anderson had a character who wore wal-mart clothes and constantly had a Wes Anderson soundtrack stuck in their head. He's not really sure where his life is going, and it's fall. The trees are barren, which is a metaphor. Also he's writing a story.What is the story about? Well, it's about a kid in college going through a down time at college. Do I think he's depressed? No, I think it's more just...ennui. He's something of a Wes Anderson character, if Wes Anderson had a character who wore wal-mart clothes and constantly had a Wes Anderson soundtrack stuck in their head. He's not really sure where his life is going, and it's fall. The trees are barren, which is a metaphor. Also he's writing a story.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009

Please remind me to get a job so I can stop spending all day posting in D&D about how I'm an unemployable failure

Emails, ecigs, e don't know anymore!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

No, they just sit there in cap and nightgown, get their diplomas, and then along about forty years from now they suddenly say, "Where am I?"

usually when ppl smoke in college its cause they started in high school.

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

I'm the Professor.
I made Nano.

no that's what cocaine is for

Voted Worst Mom
Jun 26, 2010

I smoked weed in college because I'm a stoner and college was loving easy

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004

I smoked in college I felt it made me stand out from the non smokers and made me kewl.

Yellow Jackson
Jan 13, 2013

by Ralp

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I smoked in college I felt it made me stand out from the non smokers and made me kewl.

it doesn't necessarily make you cool but it does make you cooler than you would have been otherwise

Slime Bro Helpdesk
Jul 2, 2007

Is there a difference to coolness (naughtiness?) based on what you're smoking?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

smoking in college was a great way to meet people imo.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

whole thread missed how the op is talking about smoking cock

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

Nicotine is proven to improve learning/memory among many other benefits

Interlude
Jan 24, 2001

Guns are basically hand fedoras.

Smoking is loving awesome except for the death part

illestG
Oct 8, 2009

They do it for the smoke tricks

Greenllama
Jun 10, 2013

I am a green llama capable of posting on SA forums. Please adopt me.

Here OP, use this to file your complaint:
http://www.pakin.org/complaint/

Volume
May 2, 2008

Now I don't know how you guys do it but when I'm in my underwear I like to have a good time.

Who's got that picture of what looks like a 12 year old kid who posted to face book all "Yeah, I'm smoking a cig in my university's bathroom because I'm hardcore"?

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

cool kids start smoking in middle school

Slime Bro Helpdesk
Jul 2, 2007

Greenllama posted:

Here OP, use this to file your complaint:
http://www.pakin.org/complaint/

I am not short on words, so please bear with the length of this letter. As a preliminary, I want to find the common ground that enables others to appeal for comity between us and Mr. Green Llama, Jr.. It's really amazing, isn't it? We can put people on the Moon and send robot explorers to Mars, but he's often accused of smearing people of impeccable character and reputation. His subordinates usually respond with a message along the lines of, “So what? At least Llama isn't promoting the total destruction of individuality in favor of an all-powerful group.” I suppose there's an argument to be made for that, but aren't we forgetting that Llama often expresses great interest in, and approval of, violent acts reported in the press—spousal abuse, shooting sprees, capital punishment, and so forth?

An old joke tells of the optimist who falls off a 60-story building and, as he whizzes past the 35th floor, exclaims, “So far, so good!” But it is not such blind optimism that causes Llama's apple-polishers to think that they can pervert human instincts by suppressing natural, feral constraints and encouraging abnormal patterns of behavior. I would love to be a fly on the wall near where Llama and his little empire meet. I'd love to hear how those mischievous, crapulous slubberdegullions come up with their frightful schemes for playing on people's conscious and unconscious belief structures. Then, I'd finally be able to back up my claim that Llama's ability to escape punishment for erasing the memory of all traditions and all history indubitably tells us one thing. It tells us that our passage to Perdition has been booked. I believe it also tells us that Llama is on some sort of thesaurus-fueled rampage. Every sentence he writes is filled with needlessly long words like “theoanthropomorphism” and “anthropomorphical”. Either Llama is deliberately trying to confuse us or else he's secretly scheming to create a global workers plantation overseen by transnational corporations who have no more concern for the human rights of those who produce their products or services than Llama has for his hangers-on.

No matter how much talk and analysis occurs, if this letter did nothing else but serve as a beacon of truth, it would be worthy of reading by all right-thinking people. However, this letter's role is much greater than just to bring strength to our families, power to our nation, and health to our cities. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Of course, if Llama had learned anything from history, he'd know that his cause is not glorious. It is not wonderful. It is not good. One last thing: Mr. Green Llama, Jr.'s perceptions are a perfect example of overgeneralization and blatant radicalism.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put up my thumb... and it blotted out the planet Earth.

Smoking is cool and it makes you look cool, op. Case in point: I quit smoking last year and look at me now!

Zombie Boat
Feb 2, 2004
Im gonna put cupcakes on your mind

I always heard smoke em if ya got em. So I did. Now I don't got em. Maybe I should collage grad you ate.

Also good thread op five loving stars.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

in california tobacco is heroin

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

gbs' dangerous, gently caress op's mom, devil-may-care attitude really falls apart when someone brings up smoking

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Must have yaself a real pritty voice.

half the student body at my school smoked b/c everyone was tweeking on adderall for three months straight out of the year. they had to paint the windows in the thesis offices shut to get people to stop smoking in them.

Slime Bro Helpdesk
Jul 2, 2007

Someone in the world has probably dedicated their lives to traveling the world, drying out leaves and weeds, chopping them up and smoking them to see the effects. They are probably very cool.

"Yah, that's a mix of maple leaf and walnut. Good poo poo. Also you'll go blind."

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

hello nurse.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Must have yaself a real pritty voice.

nomadologique posted:

hello nurse.
hello, nurse? my dad's making that gargling choking sound. can you swab out his trache hole again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

nomadologique posted:

hello nurse.

drat cigarettes make you so loving sexy

«2 »