Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
I thought it was in four regions, which is why I was going to ask how many regions there were. But then on looking back, it's just hub everywhere, #1 in home, 1# in four regions, and profit for the year.

And after overthinking it, I think that you can only stall somebody else's victory by holding their home region or by somehow keeping them from posting a profit at the end of the year. Unless, for some reason, your home region isn't counted as one of the four that you need, in which case to win you need dominance in five regions. In that case if you can hold three regions, then you can stall their victory.

But then I'd wonder why the condition screen's worded the way that it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

From the second post in the thread, which I was pretty certain was the only time we saw that in a picture.

Now I'm going through and trying to find another of it in the thread that says a different number.

Edit: And now I'm going and not finding another (OP posted) image like that, so I'm guessing that the actual numbers were in text and the image just stuck with me more.

EDIT: Edit: And looking over the two images again, it's probably something to do with difficulty levels.

FH_Meta fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 23, 2014

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Although, now that I look at it, if the loss conditions for the game included one of the other companies achieving the win conditions then it would actually be easier to lose on lower difficulties than on higher.

Granted from my very, very foggy memories of playing the game, that's not one of the ways to lose. And looking back some posts, that doesn't seem to be one of the ways to lose, either. Wouldn't surprise me if things were different in the original Aerobiz, but also wouldn't surprise me if it was the exact same from one to two.

• Locked thread