Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron

Gabriel Pope posted:

I vote we bid for slots in British Hong Kong and make a route to launch an Asian hub ASAP. We missed the boat on London but we can still make use of our relations boon.

Yes, this. This is what we should do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
I say we expand operations at home by getting more slots in Tehran, activate Beijing to build our Eastern network, and get in on the Africa game; the hub of choice will depend on relations; reviewing the thread leads me to believe that Tunis or Nairobi would be good choices (or, if Cairo is already our hub, the would both make excellent spokes).

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron

StandardVC10 posted:

Buy Caravelles as IL-14 replacement, buy DC-8s sparingly.

Seconding this plan. I agree with Krysm that we should also look to South America for our first Trans-oceanic flight, but that will require DC-8s regardless of whether we go Rome-Rio or Hong Kong-Buenos Aires, or whatever we end up doing first. Regardless, establishing a toehold in S. America would make it that much easier to establish our initial N. American routes. Therefore, more planes are our first priority. If we have the capital left over, we might as well buy a boat in Rome to take advantage of our dominance there.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron

The Merry Marauder posted:

It seems only just that Persians buy Greek boats.

If we can't have Roman boats, Greek boats will have to do.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
poo poo. I'd forgotten about the Brand Loyalty bonus. Uh. Changing my vote to DC6s instead of Caravelles, still in favor of sparingly buying DC8-30s. We should also buy more time in our profitable routes, and look to expand to Sydney once we have the capital. I still think we should buy a boat somewhere. It doesn't have to be Greek.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
Routes, since we need to expand our footprint to win, and Planes to service those routes. If we need to buy Lockheed rather than Doug in order to open Sydney sooner, so be it. Other than that, split between Bank and Flex.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
We should Buy at least two more MDC planes so that we can expand our current routes and get the brand loyalty discount. However, as others have pointed out, the CEO must have flexibility in order to most effectively carry out the Board's directives. Our North American hub, when it comes time to it, should be Chicago.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

3. If we get the DC8-50, let us look at HongKong-Sydney. Hub-to-Hubs seem to be the best moneymakers, and the DC8-50 has the range for it.

Adding my support for opening HK-SYD if we get a DC8-50.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
We've laid the groundwork for routes once we have a hub in a new region, but we need to get to the hub, first. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we can get plane and open a new hub at the same time, being about $3M shy of what we'd need to open CHIROM and buy the plane necessary to do so in the same turn.

Since we can put planes to use immediately (Iä! Iä! THR’HKG fhtagn!), I vote to get a DC8-50, and use whatever's left over to open new routes or bid on more hub time.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
Just realized that I hadn't actually modified my vote:

Make a withdrawal so that we can open a new region; my preference is CHIROM, to get up in 'Murica's face, but I leave the ultimate decision in the capable hands of our CEO.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
More Doug, with a preference for jets. We might as well get that boat, because otherwise we will have to hear about it forever. In the meantime, continue dominating ConAir in their own backyard, and keep getting up in Murica's grille.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
I have but one item to support this turn: JETS. We can get a DC9 immediately, and depending on how the year plays out, we may be able to afford 2.

If we swap out for a jet in THROM or THR'HKG (or jets in both), we can reassign our current Doug to spoke routes and up our game that way. Especially in North America and Asia. Then, next year, we can go for a DC8 and open up Oceania.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
MORE DOUG. Always more Doug. Also expand in North America.

maybe we could perhaps think about opening Oceania at some point?

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
Continue the assault on 'Murica. Plan A. If it pays off, we can use Doug to greet the Aussies.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
I'm a little torn between Mexico City and Havana. At what point does the lack of competition for slots lose out to the fact that the population of Mexico City is ~3.5x that of Havana, and the Econ/Tourism numbers are at least 2x better?

There's also the fact that we ARE going to need more Doug to open Oceania.

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
TrotSky Airlines out of Moscow, in Red.

If Comrade Trotsky is purged, then my vote goes to AirLenin

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
Voting:

New Delhi as Airyan, in light orange
Paris is VoltAir, in blue
Singapore is ConAir2, in purple

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
The Politburo Apparatchik should lend its support by providing a Travel Facilitation Division in Moscow (buy a travel agency).

I stand in agreement with the other Comrade Members that the Soviet's interests are best served by establishing inter-regional hubs as soon as possible. The Politburo should accompany these efforts to ensure that Western propaganda does not tarnish the People's reputation, and to promote travel by the proletariat on TrotSky (get a travel agency in whatever city we establish our hub for the region).

The precise regional order, and choice of regional hubs, I say leave to the sound discretion of the Comrade Director.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
Bumping so that this doesn't fall into archives :smith:

• Locked thread