Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monni
Apr 24, 2010

Marx posted:

You can have positive relations with all the factions but you can't be neutral to all of them.

Okay, thanks. I should've been more clear that I just wanted to know if it was possible to have zero hostile factions.

Dr. Video Games 0155 posted:

What faction are you currently?

Also what missions are you doing that are leading you to hostile HQ's? 'Kill X' of missions you just go to the appropriate areas to fight, unless its perhaps a faction epic mission you shouldn't be sent to a hostile HQ.

Protopharm. I took a City Admin mission. I met the guy inside the Admin HQ who told me to meet a guy in the NExT HQ and that he would have the item and more instructions. I just walked right up to the info desk or whatever and then one of the NExT goons gunned me down with some kind of shoulder mounted cannon. I guess I should stick with doing jobs for my faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

In perpetual motion sickness.
Well, after a hard day's grind going from dex/int 18 to 50ish, I can safely say the double XP weekend is off to a great start at half time. Get your butts in here, goons!

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
So I started playing at MB, and after 5 minutes the screen froze and I got the 'synchronizing' message. Now I can't login on any character. I see the server pop is at 12%. Yesterday the same thing happened but the population went to 0%, so I figured server trouble. Now I'm not so sure. What gives?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

SubjectVerbObject posted:

So I started playing at MB, and after 5 minutes the screen froze and I got the 'synchronizing' message. Now I can't login on any character. I see the server pop is at 12%. Yesterday the same thing happened but the population went to 0%, so I figured server trouble. Now I'm not so sure. What gives?

Oh my god that bug's still around? What about FREs? :allears:

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
I got back in. The solution was to go get lunch. When I was done it worked.

So what PVP is there. Aside from outpost control, the main PVP I see is hanging out in PP and bitching about the other guy having a PPU in help chat. Do most folks keep their LE chip in until capped and geared? Can you attack hunting groups from enemy clans?

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

outpost control, the main PVP I see is hanging out in PP and bitching about the other guy having a PPU in help chat.

There's the endgame in a nutshell!

Do most folks keep their LE chip in until capped and geared?

Nah, remove it around **/30 to get more XP and money, but be careful!

Can you attack hunting groups from enemy clans?

Yes, but be careful. I'd encourage it but if you don't take care you might end up getting griefed out of levelling zone.

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009

Grecotch Unicycle posted:

Yes, but be careful. I'd encourage it but if you don't take care you might end up getting griefed out of levelling zone.

I've done AC Darktide and Shadowbane. If harassing leveling groups gets people to target me, good for them. I figure one account to level and make money, one to get into trouble.

Assuming that is the plan, what would be the best character? Hidden droner? High level tank? Sniping spy? Melee PE?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Wow, I remember this game. I played it as a teenager I think 10 years ago but just couldn't figure it out. Last time thought about it a year or two ago it was completely dead. I'll download it and give it a try.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I've done AC Darktide and Shadowbane. If harassing leveling groups gets people to target me, good for them. I figure one account to level and make money, one to get into trouble.

Assuming that is the plan, what would be the best character? Hidden droner? High level tank? Sniping spy? Melee PE?

The answer is whatever you think you'd have fun with. Well, except a Melee PE. That might possibly be the worst path you could take in this game. Well no, Melee Spy would make me cream my pants in laughter.

E: Got 60str/int, and 65 dex in about 3 1/2 hours of repping my rhino. Starting from freshly made character and running start to the subway to get outside the city. Thanks double exp!

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 17, 2014

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

I'd probably be happier than I am had the 17th Turd Squad not shown up to beat on my uncapped rear end with their WoC guns.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
One thing I've learned about MMOs is it's not a race (at least when it's free to play). Even if my PE never makes it out of the sewers I figure I can still have enough fun with it once every couple of weeks or whatever. I usually spend most of my time at the Pussy Club anyways :smugwizard::respek::mmmsmug:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Can't wait to WoC my spy. That reminds me. I'll write a small Wisdom of Ceres guide when people actually need it. Long story short, you overcap your main stat, get some Ceres disc and pay some NC to have access to slightly better WoC armor and some weapons depending on class.

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

El Farid is like a 9-5 full time job. Decent pay, but soul crushing.

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
Yeah, I am finding that to be the case even doing Aggressor Captains. Doing the same missions to the same 5 rooms over and over.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Is there a better place to download the installer than the DOWNLOAD NOW link on the website? I'm getting like 120 KB/sec which is some small play bullshit.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

Grecotch Unicycle posted:

El Farid is like a 9-5 full time job. Decent pay, but soul crushing.

Imagine how the dex grind would be without it.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Harrower posted:

Is there a better place to download the installer than the DOWNLOAD NOW link on the website? I'm getting like 120 KB/sec which is some small play bullshit.

There should be an alternate download towards the bottom of the op.

If you guys need to switch it up in terms of leveling, there are many options. The outzone is loving full of low level to mid range mobs in the outzonene dungeons. There just isn't a citycom nearby I don't think. Chaos caves near CRP is a good change from el farid. If youre just grinding for sympathy, doing the epic is the fastest way. There are other shortcuts to leveling int/dex/str/con.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

Kazvall posted:

There should be an alternate download towards the bottom of the op.

If you guys need to switch it up in terms of leveling, there are many options. The outzone is loving full of low level to mid range mobs in the outzonene dungeons. There just isn't a citycom nearby I don't think. Chaos caves near CRP is a good change from el farid. If youre just grinding for sympathy, doing the epic is the fastest way. There are other shortcuts to leveling int/dex/str/con.

Haha, thanks. I read every part of the OP except the trouble shooting section. 2MB/sec is much better than 60KB/sec, thanks.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Harrower posted:

Haha, thanks. I read every part of the OP except the trouble shooting section. 2MB/sec is much better than 60KB/sec, thanks.

No problem, dude.

I would like to add that the answer to any questions you might have can be found by joining mumble.

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

Marx posted:

Imagine how the dex grind would be without it.

It might make the devs address the dearth of leveling options!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well, regants boss room is still the best exp for AoE.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Okay, I'm hopping on if only to see if my characters from all that time have survived. They definitely haven't, but worth a try. Plus, I like the idea that this is now 'open source'

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Exioce posted:

Okay, I'm hopping on if only to see if my characters from all that time have survived. They definitely haven't, but worth a try. Plus, I like the idea that this is now 'open source'

Sorry. You'll have fun starting from scratch. Promise.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
:( They're dead, Jim :(

Shame, since I had four characters who had done all their epics and had nearly capped out.

Anyway, I created a Protopharm driver Spy last night, and gave him 50 in Willpower and Remote Control, with a little in Hacking too. Left him where he woke up, as it was late, but hope I can go into the sewers right off tonight, without wasting any points in pistols or somesuch. Unless it's useful to have a secondary weapon? There's so much I have to relearn.

EDIT - a few newbie questions:

1. Is droner-hacker a good combo?
2. If hacker is one 'tradeskill' I go for, will I have enough points to choose one more also? If so, which one is most useful for a doner?
3. Is there actually an ideal droner build out there for me to copy?

Exioce fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Feb 21, 2014

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!

Exioce posted:

:( They're dead, Jim :(

Shame, since I had four characters who had done all their epics and had nearly capped out.

Anyway, I created a Protopharm driver Spy last night, and gave him 50 in Willpower and Remote Control, with a little in Hacking too. Left him where he woke up, as it was late, but hope I can go into the sewers right off tonight, without wasting any points in pistols or somesuch. Unless it's useful to have a secondary weapon? There's so much I have to relearn.

EDIT - a few newbie questions:

1. Is droner-hacker a good combo?
2. If hacker is one 'tradeskill' I go for, will I have enough points to choose one more also? If so, which one is most useful for a doner?
3. Is there actually an ideal droner build out there for me to copy?

1. Yes, hacking/willpower is good
2. Not really, only one is implanting you can probobly do, don't do construction/research. Implanting caps out at 115 because thats the highest level of implant.
3. You get your first AoE drone at 27 dex, keep getting AoE drones forever, single target isn't worth using until 100+ dex if you want to hunt firemobs or warbots instead of doing Chaos Caves/El Farid/Regants

Dr. Video Games 0155 fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Feb 21, 2014

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Thanks. Another question, for the few distributable points drone guys get in psi, where should they put them? I considered psi resist, but then realised it would be useless as if you're found by an APU while your drone is out no amount of resist is going to save you.

Also, other than the quad, what other Mr Jones rewards are worth it? Are they similarly indestructible?

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Exioce posted:

Also, other than the quad, what other Mr Jones rewards are worth it? Are they similarly indestructible?

They should all be similarly indestructible, although other than the quad the only really useful reward is the PE stealth tool which you can't get otherwise. MAYBE the barter chip you get for Smuggler, and I guess the secondary quest reward for the Soldier mission, heh.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

They should all be similarly indestructible, although other than the quad the only really useful reward is the PE stealth tool which you can't get otherwise. MAYBE the barter chip you get for Smuggler, and I guess the secondary quest reward for the Soldier mission, heh.

Oh yeah, I will certainly want the soldier reward at some point. I remember now.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

What's the soldier reward again?

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Kazvall posted:

What's the soldier reward again?

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

Our clan apartment needs to be filled with hookers.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well, I have nothing better to do than play neocron all day. I have characters of various levels, so drop by the mumble and let's kill some poo poo.

Marverick
Jan 9, 2004
Retired Webcartoonist
I'm having a weird vehicle bug.

I got killed in the swamps while on my quad (the one Mr. Jones gives you) and i tried respawning the vehicle at a terminal but it keeps saying its still in service. I can't despawn it. I asked on the chat and they say it should usually despawn on its own if no one's been in the area for 30 minutes but it's been 5 days and its still listed as in service.

What can i do?

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Marverick posted:

I'm having a weird vehicle bug.

I got killed in the swamps while on my quad (the one Mr. Jones gives you) and i tried respawning the vehicle at a terminal but it keeps saying its still in service. I can't despawn it. I asked on the chat and they say it should usually despawn on its own if no one's been in the area for 30 minutes but it's been 5 days and its still listed as in service.

What can i do?

This happened to me. Either go find it or, get a new quad I guess. Or maybe try to convince an admin to respawn it for you.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Getting your quad bugged doesn't usually happen, but it sucks. If you give me a swamp sector I'll try and find it.

Marverick
Jan 9, 2004
Retired Webcartoonist

Kazvall posted:

Getting your quad bugged doesn't usually happen, but it sucks. If you give me a swamp sector I'll try and find it.

That'd be cool of you. It was around G3-G4, in or around the water from what i remember.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Marverick posted:

That'd be cool of you. It was around G3-G4, in or around the water from what i remember.

Were you on your way to Regants or something?

Marverick
Jan 9, 2004
Retired Webcartoonist
No, tried to cut west then north to get to the military base from tech haven. Did not expect the big mountain in the way and ran into trouble.

I'll stick to roads next time.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Marverick posted:

No, tried to cut west then north to get to the military base from tech haven. Did not expect the big mountain in the way and ran into trouble.

I'll stick to roads next time.

Cool man I'll check a bit later when I'm home. Gotta head near regants anyway, so hopefully I'll find your car near the lovely rear end mountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

I hate busy weeks that keep me from capping my rear end in a top hat Spy. We farming WoC disks yet with the slightly crazy pubbie?

• Locked thread