Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slouch
Mar 10, 2009

I've been playing at a snails pace, logging on for maybe fifteen minutes a week when I'm not busy and quitting as soon as I get frustrated or confused. Tips for someone who is still a very low level psi-monk? I'm hardly even able to take on the mutants in the sewers of Viarosso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
The downside of NC is that the PVP at the highest level is great, but the grind is horrendously outdated, antiquated and utterly hosed. I'll try and log on some time this week and help the new guys out, because otherwise you'll just end up quitting and not seeing some of the actual decent bits of the game, and I totally don't blame you.

For example, the majority of missions are a waste of time, playing a monk is utterly painful (APU's are borderline pointless in high level PVP, PPU's are essentially but it's exceptionally difficult to level as a PPU, you need to level APU and then LOM out to PPU really), levelling areas aren't easy to find and the main ones are crowded most of the time, etc.

Frankly, the way to get through it is to ask for advice on how to get the grind done as soon as possible in the most painless way possible, getting help from vets, then actually enjoy the PVP at the highest level.

This isn't even beginning to go into how to get your rare weapons at the highest level.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

If you try to level some of the more advanced paths while new, the game can be quite harder than it needs to be. Playing with other people will not only hopefully fix this but give you many more options. Advantages to playing with a Clan are many. I'll buff you to help you level, provide you with gear/weapon options from our crafters, and hopefully direct you to the best spots available. APU is hard to start. Once you get your AOE spells(Barrels) and some proper single target Energy spells, it's much much better. Dungeons tend to suck, I try to stick to the open when starting as APU.

Garbanian
Sep 18, 2011

GUUUUUURRRRLLLLL
Hey everyone, I havent looked too far past the beginning of the game and I like it and all, but a quick question before I try and devote myself more to it...

Is this game, end game, more about PVP or PVE?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Garbanian posted:

Hey everyone, I havent looked too far past the beginning of the game and I like it and all, but a quick question before I try and devote myself more to it...

Is this game, end game, more about PVP or PVE?

If you're trying to cap your character to PVE you're playing the wrong game, for sure. End game is all about street brawling, griefing and outpost battles.

E: I learned something new tonight. PSI for a monk levels quite well from driving a rhino-tank while someone guns for you.

Kazvall fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 23, 2014

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

In perpetual motion sickness.
Hey guys, situation has changed and my old machine is operational. Awesome. So, I'll be by presently... as in tomorrow.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Grecotch Unicycle posted:

Hey guys, situation has changed and my old machine is operational. Awesome. So, I'll be by presently... as in tomorrow.

The great champion of veno has returned to fight off the juden horde of cyber Hitler!

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Interesting post by the devs about how they're balancing the various weapons in the game:

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?155245-New-Patch&p=2225793&viewfull=1#post2225793

Looks promising, but I'm not playing much at all to be honest. I hope new textures are also round the corner because this game needs to feel new in addition to balancing.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Holy loving poo poo, people are still playing this!?

I never rolled a Black Dragon before but I was usually having fun on my Pistol PE -- I really REALLY missed this game.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Looks like patch 186 will be dropping soon

https://twitter.com/GM_Alduin

Mostly bug-fixes and balancing of weapons

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Patch 186 has hit the test server

quote:

Patch Notes R#186 - T#186

BALANCING
The frequency of weapons has been fixed. It does not depend on the player's skills anymore
Balanced the damage output of weapons according to their TL, see Alduin's post
Characteristics (frequency, shot count, handling, ...) of weapons have been left untouched

NETWORK SETTINGS
Changed the use of USELOCALPORT in 'path/to/neocron/ini/updater.ini':
USELOCALPORT=0 now randomises the port on every client launch
USELOCALPORT=1 means using a predefined port via LOCALPORT=xxx
The availability of randomisation allows multiple clients to be launched without player intervention

OUTPOST TURRETS
Outpost Turrets are available again
Outpost Turrets no longer move when fired upon or damaged
Outpost Turrets can no longer be placed inside of each other

AI UPDATES
CopBot AI has been updated to include previously unused/deactivated audio when ending dialogues, pursuing players, killing players, and upon losing their target
NPCs with the (currently unused) PMAN AI now stop and face the player when talking or trading with them
NPCs with the PMAN AI now correctly greet runners
NPCs with the PMAN AI now only flee from players with weapons and no other NPCs such as CopBots
NPCs with the (currently unused) WAITER AI now correctly hide/duck to "evade" players with weapons

MISCELLANEOUS
WORK IN PROGRESS - The display of NPC dialogue has been revamped. This is our first step to become more familiar with the implementation of the RPOS
Client.exe now has an appropriate icon, players who use Windowed Mode will be able to more readily identify the Neocron Client
New configuration options added to the driver dialog window, giving players control of the dynamic lighting of shots, casting of shadows and more!
The decrease of intensity from dynamic lights, with the distance from the light source has been flattened. Dynamic lights now cast light over longer distances
When leaving a clan the Runner will keep his sympathy rating towards the faction instead of getting the one from the clan
Locked messages for Gene Replicators, Venture Warps, Apartment Interfaces and Vendors have been updated
Players are no longer kicked for being AFK with a drone in flight. You will still be kicked for being AFK if the drone becomes idle
Behaviour of AoE weapons has been updated to prevent abuse by LE equipped players

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?155324-R-186-T-186-Patch-Notes

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
Holy balls they are actually moving through and balancing the weapons. Does this mean Heavies utterly crushing everyone will be a thing of the past? I hope this is a big PE buff because I have lots of PE's...

Really hoping melee is viable again *cough* melee PE *cough*

If someone takes the time to see how effective the rare weapons are compared to non rares it would be fantastic data and comparison.

Dr. Video Games 0155 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 12, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I am eagerly awaiting these couple patches to go through testing to make it to live. These updates will make or break the game for a lot of people. Having the old copbot dialogue back is loving awesome! Pretty excited for all these changes. It should really shake things up in a much needed way.

I'm still playing, though at a slightly reduced pace. If anyone needs help with anything, hit up the thread and get on teamspeak.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I randomly came back to this game a while ago. I remember when they had a billing issue a few years back and gave every account access to the game. Sad to see my old characters gone, but I started some new ones.

I got a tank to a decent level so the point that I could grind on launcher cyclops, but got bored when it started to take an inordinate time to level and the new cool cannon I just got built was marginally better than what I was already using, and I was only a high enough rank to do the third epic mission for Tangent.

Is there a better way to level? I would sure like to get to the fun part of the game.

Also, I have two accounts so I can poke/tradeskill myself since waiting around for a poker sucks with the low pop.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

What's your strength at?

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Currently at 65.

The bunker is probably too low for me now but at the same time I feel like I'm not doing the damage I should be.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well, different mobs have more resistance to different damage types. Have you been focusing on AoE weapons like grenade launchers and rayguns? You can try El Farid or Chaos Caves if you want to do some dungeon crawling. Regants is great as well, but probably a little bit high for you. Also, make sure you have the best implants you can use. You can use the same implant as long as it's not the same level. This could help you get into better guns faster.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
For the record, this is what I've been using:

Will this work for El Farid? I wasn't lucky enough to get a slot but I don't have a lot of cash to blow on making another one.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Is that one AoE? I can't remember. As long as you have fire/poison armor, you should be ok. If you need money I can help you out.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Kazvall posted:

Is that one AoE? I can't remember. As long as you have fire/poison armor, you should be ok. If you need money I can help you out.

Ray Gun + Heavy Cannon is I THINK AoE if I recall, it's that blue ball explosion that attaches it's "tendrils" on anything nearby when it explodes.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, it's AoE. The big blue ball thing. Personally I don't like it, I think I had better luck with my nade launcher.

But I guess I'll take a ride to El Farid and see how it goes.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If you aren't a droner you do need some type of AoE for El Farid. The XP is phenomenal once you get a rhythm going and are mindful of the terrible death that is scorpion poison. I've seen several tanks do El Farid with various weapons so as long as you are careful you should be fine.

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
I was going to write up a little guide to leveling in NC, would that be of use? I'll see if I can bang something up over the weekend to lay out a basic path for levelling characters up through each stage, because it's frankly the biggest pain in the arse in the game and the quicker it's done, the better.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I went to El Farid and managed to kill a fair number of scorpions and get some decent xp and cash. I was stuck in the first 3 rooms and had to abuse the huge AoE radius of my cannon to not die though. I also love how AoE goes right through walls.

I just need to buy some new implants, apparently I'm still using the tier 1 stuff from Cryton's. I should be able to jump right to the tier 3 stuff and get bumped up to around 72 strength or so.

So if you know, which is a better upgrade? Looking at techhaven's list of heavy weapons, it looks like I should be picking up a Plasma cannon or Fusion cannon. Or should I grab the rocket launcher from the MB trader?

Also, how exactly do injectors work? I have a health injector, is there a benefit to using the entire pool of nanites or should I be using it one dose at a time?

year199X fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 16, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I always like the Ryker tl72 grenade launcher. The next step up from that is the rc13 special raygun cannon. Both solid choices. As far as health injectors, you can use up to 120 nanites before it's counted as too much. Don't use too much. Also, you may stack the injectors if you're using the tl14 and the tl40 biotech hacknet one. Just make sure you use the lower tl one first. I inject twice with the lower tl, and then up to 120 nanites with the other.

landofcake posted:

I was going to write up a little guide to leveling in NC, would that be of use? I'll see if I can bang something up over the weekend to lay out a basic path for levelling characters up through each stage, because it's frankly the biggest pain in the arse in the game and the quicker it's done, the better.

If you write up a guide, or any guide, I'd be happy to add it to the OP. Some of the guide we have now is a little outdated, but I just don't have the time to find the exact location for all the monsters. That and when the patch hits many things will change.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I got an alt access to the BT FSM, and holy poo poo I didn't realize there was a tl33 implant that gave +5 to a primary stat. I got that one, hunted down the tier 2 implant, and got the tier 3 spine. That gave me enough Str to use the next tier of grenade launcher (the volcano one), which I got built and modded with napalm. That thing kills the smaller scorpions with ease, but the big ones still give me trouble.

Oh, then I used thyronol to be able to equip my power armor, so the str bonus would keep it equipped when it wore off :v:

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

year199X posted:

I got an alt access to the BT FSM, and holy poo poo I didn't realize there was a tl33 implant that gave +5 to a primary stat. I got that one, hunted down the tier 2 implant, and got the tier 3 spine. That gave me enough Str to use the next tier of grenade launcher (the volcano one), which I got built and modded with napalm. That thing kills the smaller scorpions with ease, but the big ones still give me trouble.

Oh, then I used thyronol to be able to equip my power armor, so the str bonus would keep it equipped when it wore off :v:

Now you're playing Neocron! Almost all my characters use drugs to keep the armor on. Here's a tip. If you generep, you don't need to redrug. Just wait for SI to go away, and relog. If you can't use your stuff after that, which rarely happens, you just zone out in town or the next sector over.

Murcor
Dec 1, 2007

It's a hell of a thing
I dc to login screen every time I zone, is that a known issue?

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
It's very common with me also.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Patiently waiting for this patch to get tested and put out. Our clan died. I'll be looking at getting us into a large clan, already have a few leads.

Who is interested in playing again when the patch hits?

Murcor
Dec 1, 2007

It's a hell of a thing
I'm game. This game is clunky as hell but strangely engaging. I dig the world. I'll just have to hit tab twice and enter every time I zone haha.

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

Kazvall posted:

Patiently waiting for this patch to get tested and put out. Our clan died. I'll be looking at getting us into a large clan, already have a few leads.

Who is interested in playing again when the patch hits?

Sorry I've been away, but I think we all saw that poo poo happening. What a weird guy who lead that "clan".

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Well Arnold, if you want to start playing again I will find us a clan. Miss you, human being.

Grecotch Unicycle
Oct 6, 2012

Yeah, man. I'm moving right now, but will hit you up when I'm around.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Found us a black dragon clan so we don't have to switch factions.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

So, stuff is going to happen soon. I've included patch notes that are on the test server. Read on.

Dear Runners,

Balancing phase one has finally come to an end. The final patch has been applied to Vedeena, final feedback has been gathered and adjustments have been made. The final patch will be built the first weekend in August. Great news I would say and I hope you will say so too!

So when will this patch be applied to Titan you may ask? Soon(TM). We will hold this patch back a little bit to carry out some maintenance work on Titan. We want to ensure that this patch launch goes as smoothly as possible and ensure that Titan is prepared for a huge wave of returning players. The problem however is that we cannot give you a schedule on this yet, because our main server administrator Zoltan, is currently barely available due to a hardware failure with his laptop. Rest assured we will do everything we can to get everything up and running as soon(TM) as possible.

What about the future of the balancing project? One thing is sure, the balancing project will continue. First and foremost we will want to gather large scale feedback on phase one to see what went wrong and what went well. In case there are urgent issues with phase one we will of course patch them as soon as possible - remember we were never afraid of patching at weekends. ;)

However in parallel we will also continue to the work on phase two which will at least consist of changes to implants, like for example, giving every single implant a purpose again. The development of phase two will not take as long as the development of phase one. For phase one, a lot of tools had to be developed and a lot of research had to be conducted. The tools are now developed and also large parts of research are completed which will considerably speed up development of phase two. More details on phase two will follow soon(TM).

Slauncha

Alduin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Runners,

UPDATE - Hotfix T#199:
A typo in the psi usage calculation resulted in all weapons requiring psi. This has been fixed. In addition we lowered the psi requirements of all spells by 20%, so the equation now reads: techlevel*20.0f / frequency

Below are the full combined patch notes for R#186 aka "The Balancing Patch". These notes have been restructured and combined to show the full impact of this patch against the current Titan State of R#185. This includes some final changes made in R#186-T#198(Release Candidate 7), these are highlighted in bold italics. We have chosen to do this to bring your attention to all aspects of this patch, not just the final changes.

This is a land mark occasion as it brings the results of many months of hard work to the finish line - next stop Titan!

Remember that this is just Phase One of the overall Balancing Project. Work does not stop here. We'll have more details about the next phase in the coming weeks.

Please join us in the Discussion Thread to deliver your final feedback on the below changes - before we repackage the numerous incremental patches ready for deployment to Titan Soon™.

Combined Patch Notes R#186-T#186 through R#186-T#198 (RC7)

TECHNICAL UPDATES & BUG FIXES
NETWORK SETTINGS

Changed the use of USELOCALPORT in 'path/to/neocron/ini/updater.ini':
USELOCALPORT=0 now randomises the port on every client launch
USELOCALPORT=1 means using a predefined port via LOCALPORT=xxx
The availability of port randomisation allows multiple clients to be launched (dual logging) without player intervention.

OUTPOST TURRETS

Outpost Turrets are available for use and purchase once again.
Outpost Turrets no longer move/slide when fired upon or damaged.
Outpost Turrets can no longer be placed inside of each other.

NPCs

Display of NPC dialogue when talking directly to an NPC has been revamped, this includes a new RPOS background image.
CopBot AI has been updated to include previously deactivated and unused audio. CopBots use this audio when ending dialogues, pursuing players, killing players, and upon losing their target.
Wandering NPCs with the PMAN AI now stop and face the player when talking or trading with them.
Wandering NPCs with the PMAN AI now correctly greet runners.
Wandering NPCs with the PMAN AI now only flee from players with weapons and not other NPCs such as CopBots.
Static NPCs with the WAITER AI now correctly hide/duck to "evade" players with weapons.
NPCs that use the WAITER and PMAN AI scripts will be introduced in future patches to increase atmosphere in the gameworld.

TECHNICAL

Client.exe now has an appropriate icon, players who use Windowed Mode will be able to more readily identify the Neocron Client
Added New configuration options to the Hardware Configuration window. Players can now control dynamic lighting of shots, casting of shadows and more!
Decrease in dynamic light intensity with distance from the light source has been flattened. Dynamic lights now cast light over longer distances.
Character stats updates should now be enforced right after synchronising.
Due to the significant re-factoring of underlying code, some particle effects (weapon shots, explosions etc) now look slightly different.
Calculation of the effective frequency for weapons in the item information window should be fixed.
Root cause of common "Bad World Data" bug identified and fixed server-side. Existing temporary work around has been removed.
Server health reporting services have been added server-side to assist with monitoring of the game server.
World host tracking has been added server-side for better identification of sectors which run into difficulty.

MISCELLANEOUS

When leaving a clan Runners will keep their own sympathy rating toward the faction, instead of inheriting the Clan sympathy rating.
Locked messages for Gene Replicators, Venture Warps, Apartment Interfaces and Vendors have been updated.
Players are no longer kicked for being AFK with a drone in flight. You will still be kicked for being AFK if the drone becomes idle.
Behaviour of AoE weapons has been updated to prevent abuse by LE equipped players.
Frequency values shown in weapon info windows have been fixed.
Instant death after zoning out of HackNet should be fixed.
The update rate of health and damage related packages has been increased to decrease the number of players dying due to heart attacks while hunting.

BALANCE PROJECT: PHASE ONE
ALL WEAPONS

The frequency of weapons has been fixed for each weapon. Weapon frequency is no longer based on the player's skill point setup.
Characteristics of weapons - frequency, shot count, handling, etc. - have been left untouched unless otherwise stated.
Aggressive damage over time effects - contamination, fire, x-ray, poison and energy stacks - have been reworked and should now work as intended.
Damage output of all weapons is now balanced according to Tech Level.
Weapons with the same tech level from the same category - pistol, rifle, etc. - should now do the same amount of damage per minute/second, this is now independent of whether they do damage over time or instantly.
Player vs Player damage has been lowered by a factor ~2
Damage output (both PvP & PvE) of AoE weapons has been lowered by a factor of ~2
Compared to the damage per minute/second of Heavy Combat Weapons:
Drones do 10% less damage.
Melee Weapons do 7.5% more damage
Pistols and Rifles do 10% more damage
APU Spells do 15% more damage
All Weapons now receive an additional damage boost of at most 2.5% based on their aiming speed
All Weapons now receive an additional damage boost of at most 2.5% based on the number of shots in a burst
Damage types introduced by different weapon modifications have been equalized. Modified weapons deal the same amount of damage as unmodified weapons, the modification causes damage to be divided across damage types.

PISTOL, RIFLE & HEAVY COMBAT

Beam weapons should now work exactly as burst weapons do.
The behavior of bursts have been fixed.
Instead of a monotonous pew, pew, pew, pew... burst weapons should now do a pew, pew, pew, wait, pew, pew, etc... again
Clip size differences between 'Rare' and 'Normal' weapons have been removed.
Disruptor burst lowered to 3 instead of 4 shots
Reticule closing speed of the Disruptor has been lowered
Removed the range effect from Devourer-like, Ray of God-like and Lightbringer-like weapons
Fixed a bug in the damage balancing for shotguns

DRONE COMBAT

Drones deal less damage (as above) as Droners do not need to engage in combat situations physically, they only engage in combat remotely via their drones.

MELEE COMBAT

Aiming for Melee weapons has been changed to mirror APU damage calculations, see below for details.

GENERAL PSI

High frequency spells should now work as intended
PSI use has been changed to operate with a new calculation, see below for details.
A minor bug in the calculation of the casting time for spells has been fixed

PASSIVE PSI

PSI Shields have been rebalanced
PSI Heals have been rebalanced
Duration of single target, sanctum and group PSI Heals has halved (60 to 30 seconds).
With the move of anti-shielding spells from PPU back to APU, PPUs lost a lot of their workload.
Removed the healing effect from all applicable tiers of the following spells:
Anti Contamination
Anti Energy
Anti Poison
Anti Fire
Anti X-Ray
Holy Catharsis
All applicable tiers of the following spells are now classed as passive by NPCs and can be used in Safe Zones:
AntiPoison
AntiFire
AntiEnergy
AntiXray
AntiContamination
AntiParalyse
DamageBlocker
Holy Catharsis
Holy Exorcist

AGGRESSIVE PSI

The frequency of several single target APU spells has been increased, primarily of those which previously had a very low frequency, like e.g. the holy lightning or the fire apocalypse
Frequency of all APU spells has been raised
APU aiming correction has been changed, see below for details.
All applicable tiers of the following spells have been moved back to APU from PPU:
Anti Deflector
Anti Absorber
Anti Protector
Anti Heal
Holy Unprotector

Casting time of the "Holy Unprotector" has been changed to 4 seconds
Casting time of the "Anti Protector/Absorber/Deflector/Heal" spells have been changed to:
3.5 seconds for the normal version
3 seconds for the blessed version
2 secondsfor the holy version

HACKNET SOFTWARE

Duration of HackNet heal effects has also been halved (60 seconds instead of 120 seconds)
HackNet weapons/shields/heals have been balanced according to the same rules as other weapons/shields/heals

NANITES & NANTIE TOOLS

Nanite tools have been balanced according to the same rules as their PSI counterparts.
Nanite and psi heals on the same tl should now be en par

NPC/MOB DAMAGE

An additional damage boost given to NPCs/Mobs based on their level has been removed. This is now achieved by the Tech Level dependence of weapons.

ADDITIONAL BALANCE CHANGE INFORMATION

AoE Weapons: All AoE weapons (psi barrels, psi multi target bolts, rocket/grenade launchers, ray gun and fusion cannons) with the exceptions of Ball Blast Spells have been altered and rebalanced in line with their Tech Level. Ball Blast Spells have been excluded for now. We need to know whether some AoE suffer too much or whether some do not suffer enough from this change! Please compare the damage output of e.g. barrels to comparable single target spells at around the same Tech Level.

Aiming Speed Correction: Aiming speed is now based on a multiplicative correction calculated as follows: correction = 1 + 0.025f * ((highestAimSpeed - w.AimingSpeed) / aimingSpeedDifference), where aimingSpeedDifference denotes the aiming speed difference between the weapon with the highest aiming speed and the lowest and w.AimingSpeed denotes the aiming speed of the current weapon to be balanced.

APU Aiming Correction: Previously the APU did 65% of his intended damage by default if "his aim was closed less than 65%", if it was closed further he did more damage, up to 100% if it was fully closed. This had been implemented to compensate for the fact that compared to other weapons, the APU's casts would not miss their target. We have changed this as follows: the baseline damage output of the APU is now 90% instead of 65%. Depending on how much his reticule is closed when starting the cast, this will increase to 100% if the APU's aim is fully closed.

Melee Aiming Correction: Melee damage calculation now works the same as APU damage calculation. The actual damage now depends on the closure of the player's reticule and gets multiplied by a factor: 0.90f + 0.1f * max(min(ReticuleClosure * 0.01f, 1.0f), 0.0f), where ReticuleClosure is given in percent.

PSI Usage Calculation: PSI usage is now calculated using the following formula: techlevel*25.0f / frequency

Burst Correction: is a multiplicative correction calculated as follows: correction = 1 + 0.025f * ( 1 + (w.shotCount - highestBurstCount) / burstDifference), where an analogous naming convention has been used.

State of HackNet: According to the few reports we have so far received, HackNet is rather messed up. Whether it will remain this way when this patch hits retail will mainly depend on two things: our time schedule and your HackNet testing efforts. If everyone agrees that we can safely ignore HackNet throughout phase one, we will ignore it and not spend time on it until later in the whole project.

Balancing Project: Phase Two: Phase two will be delivered faster than phase one. Balancing patches as well as patches in general will move to smaller sizes in the future, so we can iterate more often! This is due to the ground work we have put in place during this extended development period and time we have invested in the production of our tool set.

Details on how to get the resistance values for your shields, as well as how and what to test can be found in Bragi's post.

How to cap your character on Vedeena

Sincerely,
Your Neocron Support Team

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I can't believe crazy people are still working on this game.

I played Neocron when it first came out (started in the beta, I think), and I remember it being a horrendous grind even compared to other games of the era. I just couldn't keep up with it, even though I thought it was cool and stylish. I hope they make advancement super fast just for the gently caress of it someday. I'd totally play it.

I want to install it just to run around for a sec for nostalgia's sake, but I know there's no way I'll stick with it. I still remember getting into arguments on their forum about game design when we still had no idea how anything was going to work. The anticipation was so great, and like with Shadowbane, the game in our heads was so much better than the reality. Ah, youth.

:corsair:

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Wikipedia Brown posted:

I played Neocron when it first came out (started in the beta, I think), and I remember it being a horrendous grind even compared to other games of the era.

Interesting. When I played it at launch, it was a bit grindy, but in one and a half months I had top gear and all the stats that mattered were maxed. Not powerlevelling, just normal play.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

It's not hard to get max level. It was just a question of what to do at max level. It looks like we'll have something to do, soon. I might not even play that much, but I've got 4 characters I'd like to PvP with, casually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Pretty good notes actually, but I see no changes to PE at all. The melee damage increase helps slightly but it isn't much, hopefully they revisit character skill caps to make quality of life adjustments.

• Locked thread