Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

webmeister posted:

This season's thread was extra fun, given how episode one pans out :v:

I wonder if S3E1 will have a HOLY loving poo poo moment too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Retail Slave posted:

I wonder if S3E1 will have a HOLY loving poo poo moment too.

It turns out it wasn't a dog that was hit in episode 1, it was Frank, and everything since then has been a Jacob's Ladder style shutting down of his brain as he lies dying on the street.

Camera slowly pulls away to reveal the scene is taking place in a snowglobe of the Capitol Building held by an autistic child.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Jerusalem posted:

It turns out it wasn't a dog that was hit in episode 1, it was Frank, and everything since then has been a Jacob's Ladder style shutting down of his brain as he lies dying on the street.

That would be more of a series finale moment, IMO.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
I'd love to see Claire talk to the camera this season.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

3Romeo posted:

I'd love to see Claire talk to the camera this season.

"Francis I know you promised this documentary crew full access but I can't help but feel this may end up making us look bad somehow."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Jerusalem posted:

Camera slowly pulls away to reveal the scene is taking place in a snowglobe of the Capitol Building held by an autistic child.

I would've said "Louis Gohmert".

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Jerusalem posted:

"Francis I know you promised this documentary crew full access but I can't help but feel this may end up making us look bad somehow."

lollin.
Aside from the comedic aspect: Frank has nowhere to go but down. Claire stepping over his (literal or figurative) corpse and taking command of the audience? I'd love to see it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, the big issue I have with the RELEASE THEM ALL AT ONCE! policy is that it basically makes it impossible to read the thread to discuss a particular episode/scene without a serious risk of being spoiled on future events.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the no spoiler tags policy. I don't see why people can't just label them by episode.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
You could start a House of Cards S3 *NO UNTAGGED SPOILERS* thread when it gets released.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I wouldn't like a thread chock full of black boxes.

I'd be okay with a thread with a viewing schedule, but the I think the forum has long settled on no-tag threads like this for Netflix shows.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 13, 2015

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I finished watching S2. It was a lot better once I decided to fast forward through the boring parts. And the thread thing is something we all discussed in S1. I was on the side of a schedule of some sort but the decision made was no spoilers. It's a bit less fun but the size of this thread shows that people will still find things to talk about so I suppose it's not a big deal.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the no spoiler tags policy. I don't see why people can't just label them by episode.

Because people are extremely bad at it. And once you have a rule it has to be moderated. Not to mention that threads filled with black bars are a pain to read. The no spoiler tag policy is the best way to handle it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

There are people who didn't stay up until 9 in the morning binge-watching the midnight release? poo poo, after that first season 2 episode I went out and bought myself a few Red Bulls because no way was I going to bed after that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I restricted myself to a couple of episodes a night, I wanted to savor what was there. It was helped by being safe in the knowledge that I didn't have to worry about getting caught up and then having to wait a week for the next episode (or a few months if it was a mid-season break :gonk:)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Ninth Layer posted:

There are people who didn't stay up until 9 in the morning binge-watching the midnight release? poo poo, after that first season 2 episode I went out and bought myself a few Red Bulls because no way was I going to bed after that.

I took the day off and saw the whole season the second it was out.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

I watch at most one episode of anything per night + maybe a shorter comedy episode. So since I'm now also watching Justified, Americans, Better Call Saul, and Top Gear it's going to take me... about a month to finish this season.

The best solution would be per-episode threads, like I've seen for other shows, but HOC probably doesn't get enough traffic to justify that. Oh well, see you all in 4.3 weeks.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Regy Rusty posted:

Because people are extremely bad at it. And once you have a rule it has to be moderated. Not to mention that threads filled with black bars are a pain to read. The no spoiler tag policy is the best way to handle it.

This, and not everyone reads the OP to jump in. It'd be real nice to humour everyone who wants to go HOLY poo poo at ep 5 without tripping over a spoiler for ep 8, but it's just so much micromanagement, PLUS it would be running one thread different than the established status quo for Netflix season-dumps. We'd get snowed under in probations and you'd still hit spoilers all the time before they got cleaned up.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

I watch at most one episode of anything per night + maybe a shorter comedy episode. So since I'm now also watching Justified, Americans, Better Call Saul, and Top Gear it's going to take me... about a month to finish this season.

The best solution would be per-episode threads, like I've seen for other shows, but HOC probably doesn't get enough traffic to justify that. Oh well, see you all in 4.3 weeks.

Yeah, only the most super popular shows get episode threads.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

People dying on the DC metro is no longer a good plot twist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
New thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3701512

• Locked thread