Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Yes, Yessss... Let the boredom CONSUME YOU :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
I am looking forward to a video of you emptying the turkish pepper into your mouth Tombi 2.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

101/100 and 1999/2000 is actually how my attempt at a perfect run of this ended. The last one was hovering over the black abyss in Gol and Maia's Citadel. Somewhere.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Shugojin posted:

101/100 and 1999/2000 is actually how my attempt at a perfect run of this ended. The last one was hovering over the black abyss in Gol and Maia's Citadel. Somewhere.

Reminds me of my old run on the PS2 years ago. It was also 101/100 and 1999/2000, except the last Orb was somewhere in the Lava Tube and I could NEVER find it.

Fast forward to partway through the LP and I finally decide to go through Jak & Daxter HD after putting it off. Finally got that 100% Run, and also discovered a neat thing that could help a small amount in a speedrun, but likely wouldn't since it's only relevant to a 100% run.

You know how the switches in the Sage Huts always trigger a cutscene you're forced to sit through? Well, you can get all the way to Gol & Maia's Citadel without hitting a single one. It just requires you to almost get 100% in every area you can access before Volcanic Crater.

Essentially, once you clear out every area except the Precursor Basin (which you can't access without hitting the switch which generates the Zoomer in front of it), you have to use a sort of an Out of Bounds "glitch" (since it just requires a bit of precise platforming and swimming) to get past the boulder that blocks your path to the Mountain Pass. You fight the boss, get to the Crater and don't hit the switch in the Sage's hut. You then just buy as many of the Power Cells as you can, then get the last few you need out of the Spider Cave.

You can hit the required Cell Count without the Precursor Basin and Snowy Mountain. Once you do, you just go to the Lava Tube and the Zoomer will magically be there. You then get to the Citadel and hit the switch since you're forced to do so to enter the Citadel. Once you've triggered THAT cutscene, you can use the Warp Gate to go to the previous Sage Huts even if you never triggered the switches on them. And when you go there and hit the switch for those two Huts, you'll skip the cutscene that would normally play.

It's just a neat thing that actually does work, but wouldn't make a difference in a speedrun outside of a 100% or 100 Cells/all Cells Speedrun since you have to go to the Spider Cave anyways. This just saves you the time from the two cutscenes in the Rock Village (Switch Trigger and Moving the Rock) and the one long one in Volcanic Crater (Gol and Maia's monolog).

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Atomikus posted:

I am looking forward to a video of you emptying the turkish pepper into your mouth Tombi 2.

Or chugging an entire bottle of turkish pepper vodka The downward spiral of depression that is the rest of the jak series.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nalesh posted:

Or chugging an entire bottle of turkish pepper vodka The downward spiral of depression that is the rest of the jak series.
Downward spiral? I think you mean downward grind rail, because it is x-treme radical, as any 90s kid would know.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Pretty good final update.

Good lord that must have hurt Jak, though, to have all those orbs just rocketing out of his backpack and probably bonking him on the head.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nalesh posted:

Jak 2 is the best game in the series. :colbert:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

All I remember about jak 2 is ragequitting on some moving turret segment because aiming on a console is loving scrub tier :v:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

SirSamVimes posted:

This man

He knows what's up.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

:golfclap:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

SirSamVimes posted:

I stopped like three/fourths of the way through because those driving missions loving sucked. "Get across the entire city in 15 seconds, also your vehicle is made out of wet tissue paper and will explode at the drop of a hat."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

More like Jak Souls 2.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Jak 2 is kinda poo poo.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
YouTube has finally introduced 60 FPS support, so I'll get to simplify the OP and the LP.
Thankfully it'll be rolled out fully by Jak 2 thread.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I 100%ed Jak 2 twice. Jak 1 once. Only finished Jak3 and the racing game. Jak 2 had just something that gripped me.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

RJWaters2 posted:

YouTube has finally introduced 60 FPS support
Uhhhhh, when?

edit: I guess I'd just like to know some actual details on this. Does it require anything special?

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Oct 30, 2014

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Like yesterday, only works on chrome so far afaik.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Nalesh posted:

Atomikus posted:

Probably better for RJ to focus on Tomba as Heavenator has already finished his Jak 2 LP and plans to LP Jak 3 and Daxter after he finishes Watch Dogs.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

There! Now you can relive all the good times in 60FPS without one weird trick! It's like night and day how easy this is.

About Heavenator's Jak II/3 LPs, they aren't going to affect my schedule for Jak II/3, because I can only manage about one LP thread per year and Jak II isn't the 2015 one.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
All the videos after Sandover Village are unlisted.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Chimera-gui posted:

All the videos after Sandover Village are unlisted.

How do you even check something like that? :psyduck: Either way, they're all listed in the OP, and there's a playlist on his channel, so does it matter?

Chimera-gui posted:

There's a lock by the video's name if it unlisted. It matters cause I use the Youtube app on the Wii U to watch vids on my TV and said app does not show unlisted videos.

Huh. I learned something new today.

morallyobjected fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 31, 2014

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
There's a lock by the video's name if it unlisted. It matters cause I use the Youtube app on the Wii U to watch vids on my TV and said app does not show unlisted videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

Oh, I didn't want to Public them all at once and flood my subscribers' inboxes. But I didn't know that Wii U and probably other devices can't play Unlisted, I'll change them now.

• Locked thread