Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008
Not Stephen Harper in Disguise.

That is simply not true.

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

After the update I looked at the amount of disk space I have on my hard drive and I have like a little more than 250 GB remaining. I have two retail games, two arcade games,CoD Ghosts Onslaught DLC, some apps like YouTube, Fitness, etc. and the TitanFall beta installed. What the heck? Surely the system partition isn't taking up the rest of this.

I actually came to post this myself. I was pretty shocked to find that my 500gb was half gone after playing 3 games. Will a USB3 hard drive offer acceptable transfer rates for playing games on? I guess we're either not done buying hardware for this thing or we're going to have to manage the drive constantly (though maybe this wont actually be an issue I can't see myself playing Dead Rising 3 in a year).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.
I really want a friends widget on the home screen so I can see who is online without opening an app for it. Further more it's more important I see who is online than the history of who was watching TV or who was watching Netflix, the list needs to come before the feed.

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.
Does anyone know if the prices listed in the marketplace are in Canadian dollars for those of us in Canada?

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.
I worry that if Xbone releases a version without the Kinect bundled that the technology will never achieve its potential. There is so much room for growth with Kinect but Microsoft won't put in the same resources if only half the owners have it. I'd hate for it to only ever be used for shouting 'over here' at some zombies, because that use is just awful.

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.

Delusibeta posted:

The problem is that right now, there's no gaming reason to have a Kinect included in every Xbone, and the non-gaming reasons are questionable. If Microsoft deems that jettisoning a component that they aren't doing much with in order to reduce the price and try to catch up with the PS4, personally speaking I wouldn't see that as too big of a loss.

Of course, first they're going to wait and see on how well Titanfall shifts units. That said, I would not be surprised if the Kinectless SKU would be Microsoft's big reveal in a "comeback" E3 conference.

Maybe you're right. I don't enjoy the Kinect in the ~serious~ games and there isn't even anything past the demo for Sports Rivals that interests me with it. I picked the Xbone because my kid is really little and I figured we could get him playing Kinect games faster than controller games. Time will tell I guess if Microsoft puts in the leg work to make the thing worthwhile. I really believe that it could be awesome though, it just needs work.

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.

Pixelboy posted:

I don't think that's correct -- it recognizes my wife when she walks in to tell me turn the stereo down.

Seconding this. Frickin wives.

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.
How big is the install size on a digital download game? Seems like the disc games are 50gb?

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.
I'm sad that it seems new games are going to be $70 now, at least in Canada. Not that it even really makes too much financial difference but subconsciously it makes me think that my game needs to be better to justify it, and I know they won't be.

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.
Do you lose access to a GwG after the month is out?

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If you just got a month of Gold for the game, yes. On the Bone GWG is like Playstation Plus, you keep your free stuff as long as your subscription is current, unlike how on the 360 you keep the games forever regardless.

I don't think it resets if you lapse your subscription.

Oh maybe I should have downloaded those games!!

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.
I don't play that much video games but I've had the xbone since just after launch. I still cant remember which side of the controller is two squares and which side is three lines. What was so awful about start/select???

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.
My brother is having some trouble with his basic headset, it seems like it's picking up some but not everything he's saying. Has anyone experienced this, and/or have an idea for a fix?

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.

abagofcheetos posted:

dont u dare bring dynasty warriors into this

I really want this series on my Xbox... I don't care that theyre all the same. I will buy them all

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.
Does anyone know if there is a way to hook up my PC headset to the xbox one. Obviously ill need to use the controller adapter thing but! my PC headset has two plugs, one for mic and one for sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokeyXIII
Apr 19, 2008

That is simply not true.
I don't see how this could backfire at all!!!

Thanks!

• Locked thread