Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Since the update my Xbox no longer understands the word "yes" when turning it off.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

Did this update fix not being able to voice command the Xbone to turn off? That poo poo was aggravating.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

BonoMan posted:

What issue is that? I've never had a problem voicing mine off (and I do it about 99.9999% of the time).

After the last update, I can say "Xbox Turn Off" and it will prompt me Yes/No, but the console will not recognize "Yes" or "No," forcing me to get off my fat rear end and turn it off.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

I have never used the motion commands. The girlfriend liked Kinect for that Just Dance game.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

I'm still holding out for Microsoft to release an updated SKU with a better GPU, or drastically slash the price, or grab a bunch of cool IPs, or do more than update their next gen console to give me what I had on the 360. Any day now...

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

Haven't touched my bone in over a week, been binging on Dark Souls 2 while Titanfall remains undisturbed but for a few hours spent on the campaign. Pretty disappointed with the bone, but I'd probably feel the same way about the PS4. Microsoft better step up their game and build productive relationships with creative, fun developers or our game library is going to be seriously hurting in the coming years.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

What's the message with that list of Xbox executives who have left? On the one hand, they're jumping a sinking ship; on the other hand, were those people toxic influences on the brand?

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Oh it's a product questions thread. Very well then, owners what's your thoughts on the $449 unofficial pricedrop? Amazon has their $50 off coupon on top of that as well. Can't imagine it'd be generating a lot of goodwill for early adopters.

Got mine as a gift from the GF, so only slightly removed from spending my own $500, but the price drop and also the Titanfall bundle kind of stung. Like drat, only 3 or 4 months out from launch and we've already dropped $50 to $100? Ouch. At the same time, I realize Microsoft is in a very lovely position (which is 100% their fault), so they have to do something. Still, I'd like something out of it.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

Explain How! posted:

it's weird that reputation is only now being included, when the display for it has been in since launch.

It's like the system should have released a year later.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

Fame Lifeles posted:

Because of the reputation system? Yeah ok then.

Seriously? The reputation system, or lack thereof, is just one of many elements of the UI that have been present on the 360 for a long time, but are conspicuously absent from the Bone. It's great that such basic features like managing my memory or having the intuitive friends list from my 360 have been and are being brought back in patches, but it still feels like the console was rushed.

Like the volume control, no one thought to give that command user-controlled variation until several months after release?

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

McDowell posted:

I just bought an xbox one it is the best thing I have ever purchased. I cannot stop playing great games like Titanfall. I love watching tv and using the internet at the same time, an experience I could not technically accomplish without the amazing Xbox One All-in-one Input One home entertainment system. Oh, cruel needless misunderstanding, oh stubborn self-willed exile from the loving breast. I have won the victory over myself.

You guys are gullible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

So the Halo multiplayer will be one giant pool of players, and you can fluidly switch between Halo 1, 2, 3, etc.? Or are there going to be like 20 playlists with 10 people in each?

• Locked thread