Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
If anyone has a spare Titanfall key, PM me. I played Dead Island on the 360 right before I got my xbone and discovered that I no longer get motion sick from FPS games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Very glad that beta ended up being free. I couldn't even see who/what was killing me, I just died seconds after spawning for the two minutes I played.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

That's the sacrifice you make for having a giant torch glare reflecting on your TV :v:

There's a microusb on the bone controller too but I haven't used it as I'm a part of the eneloop elite.

It's good that Ryse has taken the inevitable price drop. I still can't see myself dropping 40 dollars for a digital copy though. I'll go 25 if you're reading Hryb.

It depends on how much you like multiplayer. I loved the (extremely) short campaign that I beat the day after getting the xbone, but I tried to get into MP for a few days afterwards and bleh. Thankfully Gamestop still has that used game return policy and I used the cash from Ryse to preorder Watchdogs.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I honestly don't feel like looking through review sites. Is Plants vs Zombies going to have a single player mode or is it all about being multiplayer like Titanfall?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So... I played the Zoo Tycoon demo and I'm probably going to buy Zoo Tycoon since PvZ is mainly multiplayer :psyduck:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hanyolo posted:

I don't know how selling 3+ Million consoles over 3 months is a "defeat". If the exclusives keep rolling out for both consoles I can't see why most people won't be owning both (and maybe even a WiiU) in 12 months since they're way cheaper this gen. Did anyone here not own both a 360 and PS3 last gen? Any bone owners not going to get a PS4 down the line?

Me? There are only so many hours in a day to spend with my various nerd hobbies and I don't even have a social life anymore as all my friends have children or have died. Now, maybe next year I'll get a gaming PC, but that's only because there are no mods on consoles.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

They already did this from day one in the UK with FIFA, which is always the biggest selling game during the period it comes out. It's not a massive deviation from that. I guess if all xboxes were sold out you wouldn't see the titanfall pack in though as there'd be no point.

Plants vs zombies comes out tomorrow, there's people streaming it on twitch already. Might go trade in my dead rising which will almost cover the 40 dollar cost, I'm all done with that game now. It looks like fun.

When you get it, please post about how extensive the single player portion of it is.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

The embargo just lifted so reviews will be appearing. I don't think there's any single player though.

Someone mentioned that it looked like there's just an endless mode.

It's going to be a long wait until the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls game, isn't it?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That's just an MMO that I'm probably going to be sucker enough to buy, not a real game.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The lightsaber part of the Star Wars game was fun. But that was when I was drinking every night.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

The bings only for searches within your One so the metric is probably low.

I just tried it in my very own experiment, it brings up an artist called Mr Google eyes on Xbox music, the youtube app and 'the internship' film.

The Internship was the best commercial I ever paid to see.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Soul Glo posted:

I'll make an Xbox One games discussion thread. I PMed Shalinor to okay it, but I doubt he/she will have a problem with it. I'll post the link in here for others who are also tired of the NSA chat.

Thank you! I just want to find goons to play PvZ with since I made a stupid drunk purchase.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Is there anyway to increase the mic volume outside of the controller button? I couldn't locate anything in the settings menu, but I may be an idiot.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

You can see a list of all the changes for all the updates here http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/system/system-update-operating-system

I reckon there will be a couple more soon, I think a developer already hinted at something for April on twitter. The four things that bothered me most are sorted now, the battery, better party chat, the volume adjustments and the moving hands whilst watching TV. If they implement the oneguide in Canada/UK then I'll be pretty happy overall. If they could make a way to have different volume levels for stuff you have snapped that would be amazing. I'm impressed with all the quick and effective changes so far, especially remembering the lack of regularity of 360 updates.

I'm not really bothered either way by twitch or external hard drive support, maybe that'll change when more games come out but I usually only keep 2 or 3 games around anyway.

Do you mean the volume of your voice to others? I've not really messed with mine outside of bending it away from my face when people complain about my heavy mouth breathing.

No, the volume through the earpice.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

YourAverageJoe posted:

Guess I'm a bad person, then. :geno:

Me too. I dislike shooters because I suck at them and they are also incredibly repetitive to me. The only shooter I ever really liked was America's Army and that was a loving recruitment tool for the military. I am in desperate need of a good single player RPG for the bone. I've already got Watchdogs paid off and I'll probably be stupid enough to get the Elder Scrolls MMO, but I am dying for a proper Elder Scrolls or Fallout.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Faustus posted:

This is brilliant analysis.

It's why I bought last month instead of waiting until June.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Baconfeet posted:

Yeah Ryse is really short. I beat it on regular and the hardest difficulty in ~11 hours total. I really did enjoy the game but I'd wait until its $20. DR3 is a much better value.

Just buy it used from Gamestop, you have a week to to return used games for what you paid. It's fun, but I think they counted on multiplayer to add far too much value instead of making the solid single player game they could have.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Guys, I got drunk last night and Thief at some point. How upset am I going to be when I get home from work tonight and play it?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

I heard it was really bad, you buy it digitally? :(

Yes. Yes, I did. I guess I'll find out when I'm done eating.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The moral of this story is don't quit drinking. I never would have done this if I still had my old alcohol tolerance.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

sba posted:

It would be nice if they did something for those of us who bought Day One boxes, but I definitely don't expect them to. More people buying systems is good for the ecosystem and future of the box though.

Or those of us who bought last month with tax returns. I'm more upset about my drunk e-purchase of theif because no way is MS going to give me any cash back because it went on sale a week later.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think that topics which are important to the Xbox One, and its future advertisement and development, such as how well it's selling and why, and how its competition is performing, are valid and good topics for the Xbox One thread to discuss.

I think it was more the passive aggressive douche bag "uhoh what does that mean" than the actual news. You know why I bought the bone instead of using my tax return to build a new gaming PC? Because the bone thread at the time was such a giant cricle jerk of bashing that I could not find anything that did not reek of console warrior bullshit. Had this version of the thread been in existence, I would have held off for a few more months and saved some cash while finally being able to play Skyrim with lightsabers, the way it was meant to be played.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
[quote="VincesUndies" post="427570289"
I haven't tried any of the DLC. Is it worth it?
[/quote]

Dlc is more of the same. If you want more dr3, then it's worth it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Daedo posted:

As a counterpoint, it's terrible. It might be more of the same, but its more of the same with bland characters and boring missions that can b finished very quickly. It's also horrendously over priced.

Yeah, I didn't mean to come across as endorsing it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hanyolo posted:

Nice! I don't bother with the TV stuff since I'm in Australia and all the TV sucks here, but I can see these being great features for people in the US/UK. The xbox video pause and resume across multiple devices has me intrigued though, a couple of more cool features like that and I might actually start buying/renting movies and tv shows again :v:

Make sure to set up the tv anyways. Being able to turn on my tv/ adjust the volume with my voice is some next level laziness that I love. I'm in the states, but I don't even have tv hooked to my tv.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Laserface posted:

theres no way to get free-to-air TV on the xbone in Australia, unless you go out and buy a Digital TV HD tuner and then run that into your xbone. why you would do that when your TV has a HD tuner built in and does a better job of controlling the TV channel and volume, in addition to using less electricity and also looking better is beyond me.

Of course there is Foxtel, but who in their right mind wants to pay for foxtel?

I was not aware my television was capable of responding to voice commands. I don't have a cable box, antenna or anything hooked to my television except my xbox and a bluray player. I haven't watched television for over 5 years now, so the only I had of controlling the TV was through the remote. Hanyolo made it sound as if he was doing something similar, I was pointing out that there's still some useful benefits of going through the device setup for your TV even if you don't watch TV.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Red Robin Hood posted:

Up until this evening I hadn't put a disc in my Titanfall bundle Xbone. I wanted to watch The Hobbit so I toss that in and it made a very strange whirring sound. I tried a few different discs each of which made that strange noise. Called up the Target I bought it from and talked to one of the managers (LoD or Leader on Duty if you ever need to get real with them on the phone) who I convinced to let me bring in just the box and the Xbox itself. Long story longer I took it home, plugged it in and tested the drive immediately (of course after downloading the loving update again!). It works!

But... I forgot to wipe the drive on the old Xbone so I changed my password and am hoping for the best. I also have to download Titanfall and PvZ again :negative:

I guess they haven't worked out all the kinks yet :shrug:

Did they fix the issues with the bluray player yet? When season 3 of Game of Thrones was released, a goon posted that the discs wouldn't play on the bone because of anti-piracy bullshit and, sure enough, they wouldn't play on mine. Thankfully, I have an bluray player, but that was still a huge gently caress up.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

Child of light reviews are appearing and looking pretty positive http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/child-of-light

Platformer/JRPG? Ugh, two of my three least favorite genres.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crafty posted:

Haha, what's the other one? Game might not be for you then!

The other game that makes up the majority of released titles, FPS.

Single player wRPGs, action and puzzle are what I go for.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I ended up buying Child of Light since it was only 15 bucks. It's loving gorgeous, but I really, really, really despise jrpg "combat". If I could dump that part of it and have it just be an exploration/environment puzzle type game the way Limbo was, I'd be in love.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Laserface posted:

I have no idea how anyone can play any form of minecraft for any period of time and not think of anything else that would be more engaging that they could do instead, such as play an actual game.

The only thing worse is people who watch other people play minecraft on youtube.

I gave my nerdy little sister my 360 when I upgraded. Both Fallouts are on there, Skyrim is on there. Arkham Asylum and Origins along with Mass Effect 1&2 and other games I forget. All she uses it for is loving Minecraft. I consider taking it back everytime I hear that.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm only an hour in, but I'm enjoying Watchdogs. My only real complaint is that, even with your phone away, the default view seems to be always looking down.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
My controller's right thumb stick has a tendency to send "up" signals when it should be in neutral. Anyone know a quickfix?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MrLonghair posted:

None known and you're not alone, there's at least one angry guy on youtube ranting about it. Pretty sure it's eligible for RMA

Ah, good to know. My googlefu was weak, I guess

EDIT: RMA requires me to send the controller back before they ship a new one instead of putting a hold on a credit card and shipping the new item first. Might as well just buy a new controller since I only have the one.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 4, 2014

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hanyolo posted:

I wish there was a manual voice / menu command to be able to turn off the xbox without it having turn off your TV/AMP. I love the convenience of it but there are some rare circumstances where my housemate wants to use the TV straight after and it would be nice to just get the xbox to turn off on it's own.

New selection of apps looks good, I'm still having fun with Forza so FH2 will be a day one purchase for me. Don't think I saw this mentioned too but theres a companion app for the upcoming world cup which I'll definitely be using during the matches.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/06/xbox-one-goes-world-cup-crazy-with-free-brazil-now-app/

There is. I have my bone set to turn on it and the TV with Xbox On and turn off without turning off the tv with Xbox Turn Off.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Don't forget Ryse.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, the eight hours it took me to beat the game were pretty fun. It was just criminally short. Thankfully I bought it used so was able to return it for a full refund.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

gently caress! I don't even like platformers, but I'm buying that one. It looks beautiful!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

zarron posted:

I am in this camp also. I have hope that if they are willing to bring something like Phantom Dust, then games like Crimson Skies are on the way too.

Here's hoping for Jet Set Radio!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

OldPueblo posted:

I am one of those people, I beat Halo 1 on the Xbox 1 (heh) and never played beyond that. I still might not buy the collection, depends on whether or not my kids will want to play it together. I also agree Sunset Overdrive looks good.

Same here. I'll actually probably pick this up, I'll never do multiplayer, but getting all those single player campaigns is pretty great.

• Locked thread