Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
The update that's being rolled out right now apparently gets rid of the sharpening filter if the many users of neogaf are to be believed. Posters there seem convinced it's gone.

Though it's not mentioned in the patch notes as below:

New/updated Features
•Update to My Game & Apps to allow sorting of games and application lists, and separate queue lists for games, applications and installs
•Ability to delete game and application save data
•Improved installation and DLC management
•Addition of the controller battery power indicator
•Improved UI for accessing friends, achievements, messages, and party chat
•Game DVR app to be included in the Xbox OneGuide as an app channel
•Update to the boot progress indicators for system update
•Improve consistency of UX for update & install progress
•Separate game, application, and install queue lists
•Addition of USB keyboard support

Stability and performance update
•Improved NAT detection
•Network Troubleshooter improvements
•Blu-ray quality improvements
•Significant performance and stability improvements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
I'm enjoying the Titanfall beta a lot more than I did the bf4 one, I'll buy it at launch.

Snapping seems more snappy after the patch, kinect notices my hands a lot better now too. The whole UI feels a bit smoother, but maybe that's just placebo. Haven't had a chance to play games so can't comment on the sharpening filter. The whole thing downloaded and installed without me knowing which was nice, I had trouble with auto downloads in the past so hopefully that's all over!

Edit: looks like the sharpening filter was definitely toned down/removed. You can see some good gif comparisons here http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/15/heres-how-the-titanfall-xbox-one-beta-improved-after-the-removal-of-the-dreaded-sharpening-filter/ nice little improvement.

Crafty fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 16, 2014

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

EMC posted:

I am really enjoying the beta and the last FPS I really got into was BF2 BC, are there going to be more game types in the final game? I realize there will be more guns, maps etc but wondering what they have in terms of modes

Its all still hush hush unfortunately. There MUST be some variant of capture the flag or I'll be very disappointed. I'm hoping they are keeping quiet for a reason other than 'don't let them know how little we have!' but we'll see.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Let's be fair, gears looked graphically impressive for its time (even if the aesthetics were meh) and halo was impressive for a console shooter. Titanfall is neither.

I'm going to disagree with you in that I think titanfall is impressive for a console shooter. I can't imagine anyone that has played the beta wanting to go back to plain old cod when titanfall does everything cod does plus all the extra fun poo poo. It plays like cod on crack with a couple of extra metagames thrown in to the mix, Activision should be counting their lucky chickens getting ghosts released before this. Each to their own though I can see how a lot of people don't enjoy it.

^shalinor there's a tier 2 perk that makes your titan last longer in doomed state, maybe you have that in one of your loadouts and not the other?

Crafty fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 16, 2014

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Sedisp posted:

The trick to auto titans is babysitting them. Any decent player in a manned Titan who knows how to use the shield will decimate one. Also any pilot that mounts your immediately puts it into a deactivated state so murdering pilots before they can mount for too long is key to a happy auto.

Oh yeah I misread that, thought you meant bailing when doomed. I haven't done any titan following me around, I always feel sad leaving him alone to be murdered :(

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

TitanFall makes Call of Duty: Ghosts look like a Nintendo 64 game. I hope the party system gets fixed because it will split up your party members to different games. The Vsync tearing is noticeable and needs to be fixed too.

Tearing is bad, I always notice is just as we jump out the ship to start the round. I rarely notice it after that as I'm checking minimap and looking at other poo poo but that initial tear is jarring.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Delusibeta posted:

I will be entirely unsurprised if they patch in pay to win microtransactions.

Don't be so salty :( Remember when you bet ten dollars that the alpha textures were final, and that Respawn were lying? I think you will be wrong twice in a row.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/14/titanfalls-xbox-one-textures-improved-from-alpha-to-beta-respawn-vindicated/

If no single player means they spent more time polishing so we don't get another half baked EA turd, then that's a sacrifice I am willing to make.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Aphrodite posted:

They're only showing the guns though, not the maps.

Its all textures. They don't have any good comparisons unfortunately but if you go to the pic where he's aiming at the enemy and look at the players gloved hands and the enemy metal helmet attachments/shoulder strap its really obvious.

^there's the 'campaign multiplayer' but details are scarce and imagine it won't be a proper substitute for a real single player.

Crafty fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 17, 2014

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

VincesUndies posted:

Ouch, that is pretty short. I like to play PC games on my TV so I can lounge on a sofa. My PC is about 20 feet away so it plugging in the controller is out of the question. At least with the Eneloops I can swap them between my 360 controller and my Xbone one.

That's the sacrifice you make for having a giant torch glare reflecting on your TV :v:

There's a microusb on the bone controller too but I haven't used it as I'm a part of the eneloop elite.

It's good that Ryse has taken the inevitable price drop. I still can't see myself dropping 40 dollars for a digital copy though. I'll go 25 if you're reading Hryb.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Oh good another PlayStation vs Xbox argument. Have at it! :allears:

Midee posted:

Doesn't the Xbone still gently caress up colors when scaling?

What colors get hosed? I've seen loads of platform comparison shots and colors don't seem any different. Or is this the crushed blacks thing?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Midee posted:

Hi! Please read the article I just posted! Thanks! :)

Yeah, clever. I read it and it had one line that said there were color problems with zero explanation or examples, which is the first I've heard of it.

I guess they meant the blacks, which isn't really a color but there you go.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Midee posted:

They specifically said "color balance" which means intensity of colors. I don't know why you're in denial here, but I'm gonna take their word over yours unless you have evidence to the contrary.

Don't get so excited. I hadn't heard about the ghastly color intensity problems until now. Are they too intense or not intense enough :confused: is there an example that illustrates it?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Soonmot posted:

It depends on how much you like multiplayer. I loved the (extremely) short campaign that I beat the day after getting the xbone, but I tried to get into MP for a few days afterwards and bleh. Thankfully Gamestop still has that used game return policy and I used the cash from Ryse to preorder Watchdogs.

Yeah I played Ryse at a demo booth and enjoyed it. I'm looking at game rental sites so I think I'll go down that route! Can't see myself playing the MP either.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Aphrodite posted:

The color balance thing is actually there with 360 and PS3 too. Microsoft uses warmer colors than Sony does, and you'll have people who prefer one over the other.

Graphics people basically always prefer cool in my experience.

Yeah I guess these things can be somewhat compensated for in TV settings. Its a bit like when you get a the TV in the showroom set to DYNAMIC and every ones skin tone is a shade more orange than Jersey shore, so's it can demonstrate its ultimate power of vivid color. Its funny how little the majority of people even notice that sort of thing.

One thing plants vs zombies has going for it is pricepoint. It's 40 dollars instead of the usual 60. It also looks really fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqjLVhqTDJ0 I like the boss battles there and overall the horde mode looks good.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

OozieNelson posted:

Anybody know how I can get my Xbox One to automatically sign in when I turn it on? I know it only takes a couple seconds to click on choose profile but it gets annoying.

Kinect not recognize you? Auto sign in is soooooo last gen. Hopefully there will be the option soon but there's none at the moment.

Oh look Delusibeta posting about the PS4 again. :allears:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Aphrodite posted:

You could have the 360 not sign in automatically too.

I think he means Kinect sign in, not auto sign in. Auto wouldn't work with multiple different users.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Blue Raider posted:

PSA: Do not get your Xbone controller substantially wet, or it will poo poo the bed in dramatic fashion.

What happened? :D

I just figured out if you press the home button once, then on the second press hold it down - it will turn off without any prompt.

Probably not your one tho blue raider :(

Thief is confirmed at 900p, can't wait to see the difference on my sweet as gently caress 22inch Samsung TV.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Iron Tusk posted:

I don't think MGS is quite Japanese developer hates all things American. I think it's more of the fact that the original platform development target was probably the ps3, porting to 360, then later porting to the other 2 systems, and the time spent on optimization wasn't as intense. I think we'll see that as titles are made for the current gen first either exclusively, or ported back, it will probably shake out more like Thief, where the One will obviously less detailed in some way, but more like 1080 v 900 instead of 1080 vs 720.

-----

For the TV talk. I think gamers trending towards the hardcore grossly over estimate how often people replace their TV's. Unless we're talking a broadcast standards shift or getting rid of some mammoth first gen projection set, I think most people see their TV's in the same light as all their household appliances. Until it breaks, there's no reason to replace it.

It'll be interesting to see if both consoles can maintain 30 fps for Thief when digital foundry get around to it. I think you're right with the 1080 vs 900, or 900 vs 720 which are the gaps we see in bf4 and ac4.

Also agree with the TV bit. No one is throwing out a working flat screen TV. If you look on eBay/Craigslist/kijiji you can still find tons of people trying to shift CRTs!

boom boom boom posted:

edit: It's also pretty loving racist. You don't know poo poo, I hope you're loving ashamed of yourself.

Calm down :eyepop: suggesting a Japanese developer would develop it better for a Japanese console is pretty dumb, but it doesn't qualify as a white power movement.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

boom boom boom posted:

Imitating an Asian man by using broken English is racist bro.

Fair enough.

I wonder what the real reason for the resolution gap being bigger for MGS than it is for Thief?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

KittyEmpress posted:

MGS actually looks good, Thief looks like a last-gen game?

The gap should remain consistent is what I mean, never mind what the game looks like. If thief was really easy to run you'd expect some 60fps up in here.

Mgs better look drat good considering its 20 dollars per gameplay hour.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Its a shame there's no demo for strider. There's one for the 360, why does major nelson punish us?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
It looks like Titanfall will be bringing a few more boys to the yard then. I wonder if they will offer any sort of compensation to people that bought in the UK. I remember when the original Xbox had a price drop shortly after launch in England they sent me a letter (old school) and I got TWO free retail games. Two!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Don Lapre posted:

Didn't they already give the uk fifa?

Yeah I think they did actually, not sure if that was limited to the first batch or not though. I guess its not that big a deal then since they just changed the free game. Still a 30 pound price drop I guess.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Chick3n posted:

That was 1 month after the console came out and was a £100/€180/$250 AU pricecut.

I see it as them swapping Fifa with Titanfall, doesn't really bother me :shobon:.

I effectively got my bone for £120 off retail as I'm in NA now. Need to get this giant sucker home one day though.

On the subject of the UK, fix for the TV judder within a few weeks http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-pal-tv-stutter-fix-on-the-way/0128581

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Crafty, did you buy your games digitally or physically?

I'd only ever buy physical unless there was some heavy discounts. I think things like dlc will always be regionally affected though. I had to do a 'migration' on my Xbox live account, which you can apparently do once every 3 months.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Ah ok. Let us know how it goes. Hopefully they'll reverse the switch in your favor :)

You might be waiting a few years for my inside scoop. I'm no expert on region locking but I think it would need to be implemented on the physical disc itself. Reading through that article it sounds like their issue is that they bought a game from a different market place via eBay. I can see why you'd want to do that as it's much cheaper, around 30 pounds instead of 45.

So that's not really a problem with someone moving region. Otherwise why would anyone not set their region to the US, is this different from the 360? I know that was region locked for physical discs.

That Xbox support page you posted won't load for me.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

hanyolo posted:

All the aussie xbone owners that I know haven't had any of these errors pop up, and we all pretty much switch our account to US to get the cheap digital games then switch back. It looks more and more to do with dodgy codes.

Good to see you Aussies haven't changed your tune since we shipped you over there. Did you try the titanfall beta?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

hanyolo posted:

Any bone owners not going to get a PS4 down the line?

I'll buy one when it gets an exclusive that looks decent. The more I see of the order and second son the less I like them. If Titanfall and Dead Rising weren't exclusive I'd probably have a PS4 and be employing my wait and see policy for the bone.

They roll out that new beta party chat update tonight.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

MJBuddy posted:

Fear uncertainty and doubt.

Like when a bunch of guys buy shady digital download codes off one guy from eBay at a 30% discount and none of them work so websites no one has heard of post articles like "Microsoft lied about region locking. We don't have details so here are 2nd hand reports about things not working right without details. Why did they change it and what else have they been lying about?"

And then goons rush to talk about how big of a deal it is because they perceive it as some weird victory for their platform of choice.

I always thought that stood for hosed up disinformation so we all learned something today.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Don Lapre posted:

Microsoft certainly isn't happy with it since they are giving away their number one most hyped game for free.

They already did this from day one in the UK with FIFA, which is always the biggest selling game during the period it comes out. It's not a massive deviation from that. I guess if all xboxes were sold out you wouldn't see the titanfall pack in though as there'd be no point.

Plants vs zombies comes out tomorrow, there's people streaming it on twitch already. Might go trade in my dead rising which will almost cover the 40 dollar cost, I'm all done with that game now. It looks like fun.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Soonmot posted:

When you get it, please post about how extensive the single player portion of it is.

The embargo just lifted so reviews will be appearing. I don't think there's any single player though.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
In the polygon article the mockup chat is brilliant, "this game is really awesome when you dance while playing" should be on the cover of all Forza 5 games.

Updates are always a welcome sight and it's good timing to get twitch going for the release of Titanfall. I sincerely hope that awkward drunk couples fondling each other isn't a PS4 exclusive.

PvZ sitting at 79 on metacritic, not bad at all!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Wheany posted:

Well, yeah, that was sort of my point. I'm waiting to see what kind of poo poo they are going to pull.

I can make a pretty good guess. There's a sticker store where you buy customization options for your character, consumables, weapons upgrades, and new rare characters.

I made this quick video to show it http://1drv.ms/1mwYZdd

I've got almost 20k credits in under an hour played and the majority of that time I have not known what I'm doing, so I reckon the most expensive pack can be earned in less than an hour and half maximum. There's a LOT of stuff to unlock though as you can see. Most of it is appearance related. You unlock stickers as you play too, that's how I got the moustache and red hat. Unless you really need everything unlocked and don't want to play the game then I don't see why you'd need to do any micro transacting. If I'm right it would be like when EA released microtransactions for BF3 after it had launched, you could buy all the gun unlocks.

Having a lot of fun so far, I traded dead rising in so this only cost me 10 dollar. It will definitely keep me entertained till the titans fall. Game runs really smoothly and it feels like there's s ton of character upgrades and new abilities to unlock for each class. I've only been playing in the newbie welcome mat game type but will mainly be playing the conquest mode one I figure out what's going on.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Frabba posted:

tl;dr but you're taking this way too seriously

Are you implying that games consoles aren't serious business? Its just the same as politics, except more important.

Turns out rush mode is still frustrating when you have a poo poo team, even when they are made of sunflowers and cacti.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Titanfall is coming 2 weeks later on 360, and the port is by Bluepoint - one of the best porting teams around. Larger playerbase there as well, so don't fall into the trap of thinking it's an exclusive. Also it's on PC but you probably already knew that.

The One versions going to be a lot better than the 360 version.

I don't think the player base will matter too much, think you'll always be able to find 11 people per continent :v:

Plus if its anything like the player bases for bf4 it won't be that much different.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Just judging from other cross gen ports. Tomb Raider, MGS 5, BF4 and have you seen the DF comparisons for Strider? All marked improvements. Can't wait for Titanfall. Didn't think it would live up to the hype, was pleasantly surprised.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Awesome! posted:

after seeing the bone/360 MGS5 comparisons I think "marginally" is probably really accurate

Yeah its at 30 fps though compared to The One's 60. If you want to play a twitch fps with the whole game being based around smooth movement at 30 fps then more power to you. Unless you don't notice frames per second I guess.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Awesome! posted:

you realize the bone version drops frames all over the place anyway?

I played the beta for 14 hours. It's fine.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bobtista posted:

Again, how do you know the 360 version is at 30fps. Nobody has seen anything about it. For all we know it's 1080p60 and shits rainbows out of the front usb ports whenever you kill an enemy titan.

You saw the quote in my post, that's about the minor difference in screenshots for mgs5 360 to The One. I was just pointing out that the difference there is One is 60 and one is 30.

Maybe it will be the best version though.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Bobtista posted:

So the twitch fps at 30fps you were referring to is mgs v?

Right.

No. I'm pointing out that if you want the same graphical difference as MGS5 then you're going to have to play Titanfall at 30fps. That's the twitch fps I was referring to. Hope you follow.

I don't believe they will raise the resolution, I'd prefer they dropped it to 720 and got rid of the tear to be honest. But then I'm playing on a 28 inch TV :v:

PvZ is good, will definitely keep me entertained for the couple of weeks till Titanfall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

peter gabriel posted:

Are these all consoles?

The capital letter is important, you know like Him and him when referring to our lord and savior Major Nelson

I got a cable box now, I just get lovely free Canadian TV but I can finally utter the words Xbox watch TV. It was very handy for those long waits between rounds for Titanfall. Unfortunately my small TV means I can't join the elite snap while playing gang but I'm moving to a new apartment with cable and a big flat screen so all my dreams will soon come to fruition.

DaitoX posted:

No bots would make it better though ?!

Simply not true good sir.

• Locked thread