Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Remora posted:

We're trapped by the burglar in the Pokemon Mansion again.

I love this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Parasect's pretty much become the Lazorgator of this run huh? I wonder how much that's going to bite us in the arse when we get to the Elite 4 and it doesn't have an insane level advantage anymore?

Parasect's typing is going to make the Elite 4 miserable to fight against.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
This is ridiculous. We caught Zapdos, again.

And this time we won't even need to kill half the team to get it out of the PC.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

SSJ the zapdos. :allears: We might beat the elite 4, you never know!

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Nettle Soup posted:

If anything can beat the Elite 4, it's something that's spiky, yellow, has electricity coming off of it, and answers to the name "SSJ". :goku:

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Nettle Soup posted:

Who knows, maybe in this romhack it has Parasect's typical base stats.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I am amazed that they got Zapdos again.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Did they Master Ball it? Still can't figure out how they expect to catch all three birds + Mewtwo

Buh
May 17, 2008

Hazo posted:

Did they Master Ball it? Still can't figure out how they expect to catch all three birds + Mewtwo

They'll regenerate in the hack, so they can probably get there through sheer persistence.
A bigger problem is getting enough money for ultra balls, since they'll probably lose all their money on Elite Four attempts and be left with no reliable way to get more money.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
I think they still have the Meowth/Persian with Payday, and there's the grass where they found the Meowth originally. As long as they don't release everything that can beat level ~20 Meowths, they'll have a slow but repeatable source of income.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Also as long as you can consistently beat the first of the elite four you will still have at least half of that winnings at any time.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Manslaughter posted:

Also as long as you can consistently beat the first of the elite four you will still have at least half of that winnings at any time.

But at some point, what you earn through those battles is the same as what you loose when you whiteout. I can't think math right now, but I would guess at double what you get for beating them? There is a soft cap on money earned that way, they have to spend the money between runs.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Yes and there is a shop right at the end.

Buh
May 17, 2008

Manslaughter posted:

In Gen 1 you just lose half of the money you have, so we'd need to get a good rhythm of spending our money between blackouts.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I can't believe the underlevelled team made it to Lance on their first Elite Four run. On this second run, their Cloyster ran out of Clamp against the Rest-using Dewgong, but eventually they sent out Zapdos to somehow Thunder everything into submission. Almost everything on the team knows Double Team now, which could be extremely effective against the AI.

edit: They made it to Gary, because Parasect is more powerful than Mewtwo in this version of the game. Something is seriously wrong when a level 100 Parasect outspeeds a level 97 Aerodactyl.

Chamale fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Mar 12, 2015

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Chamale posted:

Something is seriously wrong when a level 100 Parasect outspeeds a level 97 Aerodactyl.

I think you mean something is seriously RIGHT. :getin:

Buh
May 17, 2008
The final Pokemon in the Elite 4 is also a level 100 Parsect.
This is gonna be awesome.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

And people thought this run would never be able to beat the elite 4 :getin:

SSJ almost did it.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 12, 2015

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Buh posted:

The final Pokemon in the Elite 4 is also a level 100 Parsect.
This is gonna be awesome.

There must always be a leech king.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Cloyster victory :vince: :pusheen:

Holy poo poo DREAM RED

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 12, 2015

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Holy poo poo if you are watching now that Dream Red battle opening transition was the coolest thing I've seen in a long time

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
And we won.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
based on that counter on the bottom, I'm guessing they've seen everything except for Mew, Mewtwo, Moltres, and Articuno, correct?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Blaziken386 posted:

based on that counter on the bottom, I'm guessing they've seen everything except for Mew, Mewtwo, Moltres, and Articuno, correct?

No, Lance had Moltres and Articuno.

I'm not sure what they're missing, but its probably something really common they just never fought.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Is there a recording of this dream red thing? Sounds like it's one of the few things of this run that's worth watching.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Is there a recording of this dream red thing? Sounds like it's one of the few things of this run that's worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj1WLaTnaHA&t=3795s

This should start at the correct time. I'm impressed that a Gameboy is apparently able to render that.

Overall, I felt this anniversary run was weak and unsatisfying. The sped-up Parasect is a Pokemon that's able to defeat almost anything because of Spore, and once they figured that out it was just a matter of plowing through everything in a straight line.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
RIP.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Have they "checked the bed" or whatever they were told to do?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

They have to fill the pokedex first. They still have a ways to go, I thought.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Chamale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj1WLaTnaHA&t=3795s

This should start at the correct time. I'm impressed that a Gameboy is apparently able to render that.

Overall, I felt this anniversary run was weak and unsatisfying. The sped-up Parasect is a Pokemon that's able to defeat almost anything because of Spore, and once they figured that out it was just a matter of plowing through everything in a straight line.

Man, to think this could've actually been pretty interesting if we didn't happen to catch the one Pokemon the dev souped up into a killing machine.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I checked in on the stream for the first time in like a week and apparently they are sitting at 150/151/151 now. So just one more left to catch though I'm not sure which one.

Iamyourking
Oct 27, 2007

Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer.
Toilet Rascal
I believe it's Mewtwo, and that they fainted him on their last encounter. Luckily, the hack has respawning legendaries.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Have they democracied anything?

Buh
May 17, 2008

Boogalo posted:

Have they democracied anything?

I think just Victory Road and a few captures from around that time. This meant that we captured a Blastoise named oval office, which I feel trumps any misgivings about democracy.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I decided to check in to see what they were up to. Apparently chose exactly the right time. It was the Xth attempt to catch Mewtwo. And they did it. 151/151/151. At 38 days and 17 hours. And remember that this hack is more difficult than the original.

E:

Next up is a Elite Four rematch where they all have L.100s. Apparently there were also gym rematches like that, but those have already been done.

...although it seems some players rather go catch Missingno. first. What could possibly go wrong with that plan?

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 23, 2015

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Having followed the chat for a bit, what's really interesting is that it isn't really anarchy anymore.

It's some kind of aristocracy or meritocracy. The TPPers got chaotic and couldn't decide on how to best approach the next goal and were calling out for some person ('z33k33' or something) they call a 'leader'. They were saying they're glad that TPP has leaders. And when that z33k33 person returned to the chat, they started asking him for advice and followed it. Someone said: "see, you guys listen to him, not to me!"

I don't know how z33k33 got into that position, so I don't know what kind of -cracy it is. It just goes on to show that even in an anarchy environment, people will become leaders of a sort through some kind of manner. Suck it, anarchists!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

Having followed the chat for a bit, what's really interesting is that it isn't really anarchy anymore.

It's some kind of aristocracy or meritocracy. The TPPers got chaotic and couldn't decide on how to best approach the next goal and were calling out for some person ('z33k33' or something) they call a 'leader'. They were saying they're glad that TPP has leaders. And when that z33k33 person returned to the chat, they started asking him for advice and followed it. Someone said: "see, you guys listen to him, not to me!"

I don't know how z33k33 got into that position, so I don't know what kind of -cracy it is. It just goes on to show that even in an anarchy environment, people will become leaders of a sort through some kind of manner. Suck it, anarchists!

That could only really happen when the stream had lost 99%+ of its original viewers though, z33k33's influence wouldn't have done anything in the glory days last year. Interesting none the less though

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Carbon dioxide posted:

...although it seems some players rather go catch Missingno. first. What could possibly go wrong with that plan?

It'll gently caress up the graphics, but otherwise be fine. They might also catch some Pokemon that are above level 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Welp I decided to watch for a bit at the perfect time, as they beat the level 100 elite 4 and the surprise battle after Blue :vince:.

AND custom credits

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 24, 2015

• Locked thread