Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Marumaru Naganori

"Of course, Kasuga-san! We should all go out and enjoy our comrade's company! That's a really good idea." He listens to Kozue, then taps his fist into his open palm. "Of course, Kohaku-san. We should all go shopping for provisions."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
Ujina Risuta

"Sacrifices will have to be made to endure this world, however briefly or lengthily we must do so. On the other hand I doubt there will be much in the way of hazards, at least none by accident. Speaking of purposes, Toku-sama, do you know if there are or the possibility of there being groups or individuals who might attempt to intercept us or our task?" said Ujina Risuta, as he took notes on his personal device and played around with the data he uploaded regarding the planet, idly.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Toki Misuko

The other Minor Clans, to start with. When it comes to the Winter Court, the Alliance stands for nothing.

Misuko doesn't say that out loud, though.

"There's always someone out there to pose a threat, Ujina-san." She says instead, to hopefully drive a subtler point. "After all, I'm sure you've heard the rumors of what happens to ships in Mantis space."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Bakami taps her chin.

"Ah, the greatest risk I'm aware of is... The Ox have some presence on Nibui Mura. They're our allies, so I wouldn't expect an attack, but if they found out they'd try to take advantage of it. I would avoid them where possible."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Kohaku Kozue

"Hmmm. The Ox? I guess it would turn into an adventure to run into roving vigilantes...", muses Kozue, before smiling. "Well, we can't worry too much until it happens! It's important to expect the unexpected, but a lot harder to actually do it." She looks to the others, swinging around. "Then I think we've got a plan? Unless there are more questions for Toku-sama?"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Kasuga Kei

"Oh! So the package could be used as a gift for another clan? Well, I am Tortoise, so other clans won't mess with us too much. It's Meido connected though; we should watch out for samurai who might investigate us out of boredom."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Toki Misuko

"Then I believe that is that, then." Misuko swings her right hand up high, with a trail of what is apparently AR sparkles following the motion. If anyone looks up, they can see one of the pop star's many albums appear out of that very same hand.

"We shall report of our success very soon, Toku-sama." She bows down and hands the album over to the governor. "This is my new album, due this coming Winter. Take it as a commitment of my dedication to this Alliance. I look forward to hearing your thoughts about it when we return~"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Bakami takes the album and smiles. "Thank you. Oh, and if you're interested, Akihabara crafts swords, electronics, figurines... he likes to dabble. Most of his creations can be carried, I'm sure you won't have any trouble doing some shopping of your own. Good luck!"

. . .

Otokodate-maru

And back to your sweet ship! Your AI ship spirit is waiting for you.

Yuezheng

"Welcome back."

Yuezheng's hologram body rises out of a control dais in the middle of the room. Her appearance and pleasant but unchanging voice are intended to be appealing and calming, but you can pick different settings if you like. She has a habit of guessing what you're doing next based on past behaviour, the messages you get and things she overhears, which is why there's a window with a list of things you need to resupply on floating next to her head.

"Is there anything you need? I've taken the liberty of conducting an inventory."

. . .

Alright, last chance to do anything before Nibui Mura! I don't feel like tracking your exact fuel/food supplies or anything so you can just say "I resupply/go shopping" if that's all you want. Feel free to describe something cool the ship has or what your quarters are like if you're doing something with it. If you don't post anything it's cool though.

I'll post the next stage sometime tomorrow!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Toki Misuko

"Yuezheng." Misuko greets the AI as she strides towards the bridge of the ship. "We're on Alliance business now. Cancel all my appointments this week. Can you update my site as well, just to say I'll be on vacation for a while? Thank you."

She mulls over a thought for a while, then snaps her fingers.

"And please open a line with Yukari-chan in my room." She says, walking out towards her quarters. If Misuko doesn't report to her manager every once in a while, she won't be surprised to find another lengthy tirade about Idol Responsibilities waiting in her inbox.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!
Ujina Risuta

Ujina Risuta nods idly to the hologram but says nothing. Instead he heads to the observation deck where he meets Ujina Kohansuki, who is gazing absent-mindedly out of the ship upon the endless urban landscape that lies beyond.

"It would seem that our plans are about to change. Hopefully this is for the better, at the least it is probably for the more lively." he remarked as he joined her in gazing at the specks so small amidst this chaotic-yet-ordered landscape.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Kohaku Kozue

Arriving laden with creature comforts and temple supplies - sake, incense, sweets, fresh tea leaves, pork buns, enough octopus balls to choke an ogre, and more, Kozue takes a moment to catch her breath as she sets the bamboo carrying boxes down. After she does so, which might be a troublingly long period of gasping, she holds a finger. "Yuezheng- ah-." She stands up. "- I'd like for you to purchase The Bionic Hoturi first season and gift it to Toku:Bakami, respect level: non-familial lord."

The Bionic Hoturi! posted:

The Bionic Hoturi! Framed for the murder of his own Champion, he fights the zombie ninjas and fire gaijin of the evil sorcerer Pan Ku! The Bionic Hoturi! Rescued from near-death by the mysterious Hooded Ronin, he is gifted with the two hands of Justice! The hand of Jade saves! The hand of Obsidian... destroys! Evil beware! The lightning blade of Hoturi moves faster than light! The Bionic Hoturi! Means! Adventure!

"If she already has it, iterate seasons until one she doesn't have is found, if not, get the stage play by Shosuro Ichiko. Oh, and make sure my prayer schedule is synced up with the ship again so I'm not wakened during the sleep cycle again.", she says, standing up with the boxes again. "Thanks!", she adds, as if the brief rest was enough, and makes her way off to settle in once again.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Marumaru Naganori

Naganori bows slightly in greeting to Yuezheng, then is a bit surprised when everyone disperses so quickly. "Wait, weren't we going shopping for provisions? Oh - oh, never mind, it's okay." He goes and opens the small safe on the bridge and puts the scroll there for safekeeping, then drops into the pilot chair. He flicks one of the several figurines of fortunes on the diagnostics console, setting its head bobbing.

"Oh well. How are we on fuel and armaments, Yuezheng? Actually, just have the dock master top off the tanks and magazines. We have a mission after all! In fact, let's get the rest of the regular supplies delivered too. Hm, what else..." Naganori leans over and hits an intercom button. "Tsubaki-san, Madoka-san, how are the engine repairs coming?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Toki Misuko

Misuko presses a button on a nearby intercom.

"See Marumaru-san, this is why we have you as our reliable quartermaster~" She says, while flicking around her own bobbly-headed Fortune. The plastic Sadahako now plays a preppy J-Pop song in response.

"I'm looking forward to another venture outside the World of Dreams. Even if it means visiting ghosts."

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Komori Hirofumi

Hirofumi gives Yuezheng's list a quick glance. One pot of I Can Swim Blue wash, one of Hametsu Green, and two of Nitoshi Red. It was sometimes unfortunate that the Tarantula Hawks used mostly scorpion colors, but at least they were always in-stock on the World of Dreams. Maybe, if they had downtime along the way, he would be able to get some new painting done. He murmurs approval, "Looks good."

"I'm going to run some diagnostics on our communications and scanning systems." He announces. The intent is unclear as to whether it is informational or a warning. "Yuezheng, can you get me the past week's worth of maintenance records, and start a deep scan? I don't want to pass up Bakami-sama's offer of an upgrade, if I can find anything broken."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kasuga Kei

"Hello Yuezheng! My usual list of pottery and soil supplies for my trees. And all the latest pillow books, of course."

The small Tortoise gives the others a saucy wink.

"If I'm going to be a proper courtier, I need to be up and up on what's happening across the Empire, after all!"

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Ujina Risuta

Ujina Risuta discusses what has happened so far with Ujina Kohansuki, remaining placid the whole time - displays of affection can be saved for less business-related times.

After giving Kohansuki the world-data for their target planet, and letting her inspect it herself he typed in any requisitions for supplies for the ship's computer.

This mostly consisted of sake, kare mixture/powder, foods suitable to go with that, and rice. Pretty simple stuff!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Marumaru Naganori

Naganori looks up at Kei and nods. "Definitely! You should have Yuezheng get all the new ones, just to be safe." He waves over one of the heimin drones. "K1, gather a work party and get ready to load supplies." The artificial nods its boxy head and moves off in its characteristic gait. "That reminds me - Hirofumi, was there a new firmware upgrade for our drones? I thought I saw a message on that..."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Kohaku Kozue

Poking her head around the corner, Kozue comments to Naganori, "Don't worry, we can have tea tonight to catch up without having to rush to meet a lord, or maybe even sa-ke." She laughs, watching the drones march past. "Ah, I've been wondering if I should put a requisition in for one of this year's models. I could use a scribe... and somebody to lug things around..." She sighs a little and spreads her hands. "It's hard to get one of the servant-class models approved by central accounting unless you're going to an important court, though."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Nibui Mura, Yama-no-Kami's Remembrance
21st Day of the Monkey, 3122

You don't have much trouble landing on the planet. Bakami's papers are good, and the Mantis Clan are down with the Minor Clans. The only real trouble you experience is that everyone is looking for something to do and pays extra attention to you.

Yama-no-Kami's Remembrance is a rocky, barren planet under a cloud-shrouded orange sun, and Nibui Mura isn't much to look at either. The Mantis made it big and pretty, but only as much as they had to for the benefit of the monks and pilgrims that come here to see the Shrine of Emma-O, and the fog makes the fancy buildings hard to appreciate.

Bakami gave you zero leads, but there are a bunch of places in town you could start looking. Here are a few!

• Governor's Estate: The local court (such as it is) as well as the home of the planet's Governor, Yoritomo Atsuya. Word is he is a grumpy fellow!
• Temples: There's a temple to Emma-O and the Lords of Death just outside the city, and one to Hoshihime (Fortune of the Stars) inside. A few other shrines were going to be built but nobody's been bothered finishing them, so Hoshihime's temple has chambers devoted to them instead.
• Phoenix Tower: The Phoenix have been allowed to set up a research base to study this strange land, provided they build it outside of town and don't bother the Mantis much. Right now it is staffed by a single shugenja, Isawa Natsumi, and a handful of apprentices.
• Something To Do: This tavern is popular among the lower-ranking samurai, mostly because it provides board games and materials for arts and crafts for free. A lot of Nibui Mura samurai have picked up poetry or some other new talent while messing around in here. It is run by the retired magistrate Tsuruchi Gorou.
• Kaidan: The local theater. The owner is unknown, but the leader of the local troupe is a ronin named Choumaru who really likes her ghost stories.
• Or you can just wander the streets/hang out on the ship and do research.

What do you do?

Ettin fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 22, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Toki Misuko

As first impressions go, Misuko finds there are far, far less ghosts on this planet than what Kozue's stories imply. Not a single floating ancestral spirit or even an AR representation of one. She does notice a number of ghastly figures listlessly wandering about, each wearing scowls that could terrify the damned. On closer inspection though, they just turn out to be the local Mantis.

She hears about the local theater though, and heads off to visit the place. No point in being here if she can't show up the local talent, after all. Plus she might find a hint on where their contact is, maybe.

"I'll be taking a walk to the theater." She simply tells the others. "Might as well take in... the sights. Shall we meet up at the ship later?"

As she climbs the steps towards her destination, Misuko works her AR and checks any tags and stories related to this "Choumaru" and her troupe.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Kohaku Kozue

Flipping through the local guide on her Pocket Scribe, Kozue seems to have trouble deciding the way she just flips back and forth, back and forth... before touching her chin. "The tavern is always a pretty good starting place for adventure.", she quips, ignoring the fact that adventure is, hopefully, what they're here to avoid. Still, she flips through the guide, trying to see if there's a shopping spot for electronics or just crafts. The line is blurred, these days.

"Later, Toki-sannn!", she calls out as she waves.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Ujina Risuta

Ujina Risuta breathed in the local air almost... wistfully. "I have a good feeling about this planet." he announced to the group before they split up.

"I believe that is a good idea, Toki-san." he replied to Misuko upon her suggestion.

After Misuko made her farewells and Kohansuke elected to stay on the ship - if only to watch over it while everyone else was gone, Risuta decided it was time to decide where to go and what to see.

Perhaps in the mean time until the rest of the group find out wherever it is their associate-to-be is hiding out, he will go to the Something to Do perhaps to have.... something to do. This place sure advertises clearly at least!

"I wonder what this place has.... to do." wondered Ujina Risuta aloud before starting to make his way to the Something to Do, assuming no-one stopped him before he got there, or stopped him before he could leave the group - for that matter - assuming no-one else went the same direction as him, of course.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kasuga Kei

"Hmmmm. I think I will go out and do my own thing. Tortoise enjoy time spent alone, you know."

Kei splits way from the others and...seemingly intentionally gets just a little bit dirty. Enough to blend in. Oh sure, the commoners could probably tell that she was Tortoise; but frankly, that only made things easier. Tortoise had a reputation. The common folk liked that reputation.

Maybe enough for them to answer some of Kei's questions about the whereabouts of Akihabara.

Once she's satisfied with all she can find out, she heads to Kaidan: A Ghost Theater to watch some plays. Can't be ALL work and no play, after all.

Courtier (common folk): 8d10o10k3 22

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Marumaru Naganori

"Yeah, we'll meet back up here! Call if you run into any trouble!" Naganori considers the options, then nods to himself once, decisive. "I'm going to the tavern. If that's a good place for an adventure, then as a good Crow bushi I should go there. Hey, Ujina-san, wait up!" He hurries after the Hare, turning back to the others. "Anyone else want to come with?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Kohaku Kozue

Walking after the Hare and the Crow, Kozue leans to the side, peering for a moment as she concludes, "Oh, I'm coming with you. I wonder what sort of poetry they do here? Melancholy kyōka?" She then returns to the device as she walks after, trying to see if there's a street view of the shopping district. "If they don't, maybe they should start."

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Komori Hirofumi

"If the holo-plays have taught me anything, it is best to split up in spooky places like this." Hirofumi says, snickering. "I'll go visit the Phoenix and see if they know Akihabara's whereabouts. Things are always in the last place you look, and a research outpost would be the last place I'd look."

He hoists his computer bag over his shoulder. "If you hear any bloodcurdling screams, tell my family I died valiantly." He pauses, looking serious for just a moment before breaking out in laughter again, and departing.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Kei

The common folk actually know a bit about Akihabara! The first thing Kei hears is the story of why he hides:

Supposedly, years ago he used to have a little workshop on Lucky Cat Street. One day he crafted a set of statues for a samurai who used them to woo a woman away from a Crane courtier, and the Crane retaliated by having Akihabara's workshop burned down with him inside. Though everyone assumed he was dead, he quietly started rebuilding his shop a week later. When it was done, the Crane hired some bigger men to try again. This time Akihabara was gone for two weeks.

The third time, the Crane set out for this world himself, intending to get Akihabara into a duel. By the time he got here, though, the ronin was gone. He hasn't been seen in public since.

At least one high-ranking samurai in town is probably running errands for him, but for safety reasons they won't tell anyone they don't trust.

Kozue: You want Lucky Cat Street! The artisans here are mostly Mantis, and their services are geared towards the many Mantis samurai waiting around until their lords call them offworld again: gear maintenance, electronic entertainment, and wargames. The Ox also run a place which rents out bikes and buggies to samurai wanting to explore the wilds, which is none of them.

Kaidan: A Rokugan Ghost Theater [Misuko, Kei]

There are no interesting clan tags related to Choumaru but you can learn a few things from the local net:

• Kaidan does really good ghost plays. They do other things to keep people coming, but they're not as good.
• Choumaru herself is a quiet recluse who only seems to come alive when she is acting.
• Most of the koku she earns goes into Kaidan, but nobody's ever heard her gripe about it. Governor Atsuya personally bankrolls the place (guy really likes his ghost stories) so she's never in serious financial trouble, but she skips a lot of meals.
• Choumaru is from offworld, but doesn't talk about it much. The favoured rumour is she's a ronin from birth who used to perform for the Crane, and they exiled her here when they got bored of her; she certainly doesn't seem to like them much, though when they visit she still shows them the minimum level of proper respect.
• Even though she's pretty popular around town, she talks funny to people with more status than her.

There aren't any plays happening at the moment, so when you enter the theater's pretty empty. There's one woman pushing a broom listlessly across the floor, and her aging second-hand kimono and Noh mask mark her as a servant you can safely ignore.

No, wait.

Choumaru

"Oh." Choumaru turns to face you and bows. "Good afternoon. How can this humble ronin help you?"

Something To Do [Risuta, Naganori, Kozue]

The sake house is crowded today. Today's special is "sake half off to shogi players", and you better believe there's a lot of drunken Rokugan Chess going on right now. Those samurai that aren't playing shogi are mostly lurking on the counter or in corners of the room, trying to compose poems and staring at nothing with expressions of vague annoyance that are islands in the sea of happy time-wasting going on in here.

The guy at the bar gave you a glance when you came in, but has politely avoided staring.

Tsuruchi Gorou

Tags: Tsuruchi Gorou posted:

Carp: Owed a great debt to a Carp samurai. Their only request was that Gorou give a free pitcher of sake to any Carp that passes through his sake house when he opens it. Gorou honors this request. Get on his good side for two pitchers!
Crow: +Honor +Contentment
Hare: Former magistrate in the Isora's Path region. Often relied on Hare scouts. Very grateful.

Phoenix Tower [Hirofumi]

The town guard seem reluctant to let anyone venture outside the city, but they let Hirofumi go with a warning that he should be back by sundown or wait until morning.

The Phoenix Tower sits outside town, just far enough that getting there and back is a bother, and the Phoenix colours are flying on the side not visible from town; the Phoenix and Mantis don't like each other right now, so that makes sense. The tower is covered in telescopes and other sensory equipment, all pointed into the grey wastelands beyond. You have no idea what out there is worth pointing all this stuff at.

Hirofumi is barely in the door before he is accosted by a very excited Phoenix woman:

Isawa Natsumi

"Oh, hello!" Natsumi breezes down some stairs, past her servants and bows to Hirofumi quickly. "A visitor! From offworld, yes? What stories you must have! Come, let me fetch us some tea and you can tell me all about it!"

Unless Hirofumi thinks fast he finds himself being swept away before he gets a chance to speak.

Ettin fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Mar 7, 2014

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Toki Misuko

"Ah, hello." Misuko squints to notice the ronin's tiny presence on this stage, then politely nods. "You must be the one I've heard about. I'm Toki Misuko, and this is..." She looks at Kei, all dirtied up now, and sighs. "...Kasuga Kei."

Misuko certainly doesn't mind anyone who has a problem with how the Crane treats their performers. Maybe the two can get along somewhat. "I'm sorry, we must have come at the wrong time. We just heard so much about this place regarding ghosts. And stories."

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Ujina Risuta

Ujina Risuta scanned the room for a moment before focusing his gaze upon Tsuruchi Gorou, and approaching the bar.

Bowing lightly to the esteemed Tsuruchi, Risuta spoke. "Have you had rice today?" he began, the ancient and presumably still well-used greeting, before continuing "It would please me greatly to be refreshed by sake, Tsuruchi-san." he said, once the sake has been retrieved and he has taken a sip he nods in thanks and speaks once more "What news are there upon this world? I am new to this planet and seek to be brought up to speed to the state of affairs." Ujina Risuta says, assuming he still has the barman's attention - as he does so he makes certain that his hare mon is visible to the esteemed Wasp.

Infinite Oregano fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 9, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Kohaku Kozue

Sliding in right next to the Hare in what might be just on the edge of a personal space breach, Kozue says, "The first bottle is on me!", as if to clarify. Then, she makes a quick, perfunctory bow from her seat. The Carp mon is right on the kimono, after all. "I wonder if I should brush up on shogi while I'm here...", she says, leaning over to look at the tables. "... oh!", she says as if remembering some vestige of her manners. "Kohaku Kozue.", she says with a smoother, more deliberate bow to the Wasp.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Marumaru Naganori

Naganori join his crew mates, bowing politely. "Marumaru Naganori." He turns slightly, taking a good look around the room while Kozue and Ristua do the talking.

[13:05] <+Morphball> Grubbash: 16 = 3k2(1,9,7)
Invesigation to maybe see something interesting.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Ujina Risuta

"And I" starts the Hare before bowing, again "am Ujina Risuta." finishes the Hare, before letting his comrades do their things, keenly awaiting a reply from Tsuruchi-san.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Komori Hirofumi

"Offworld, yeah." Hirofumi says, looking up and trying to see some of the equipment in the tower, oblivious to his host's enthusiasm. "Tea? Oh, of course. What do you do here?"

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Kaidan: A Japanese Ghost Theater [Misuko, Kei]

"It is an honor to meet you."

Choumaru bows and approaches you, head bowed respectfully.

"You have this ronin's deepest apologies. We will have a performance tonight, if you are interested. In the meantime, this ronin knows many stories if there is something you need."

"Tsuruchi Gorou." Gorou grins and slides Kozue her free pitcher.

"Well, there usually ain't much in town. There's plenty right now, but you might have come at a bad time anyway." You didn't think he could grin wider, but there you go. "Not travelling with any Phoenix, are you? Not popular around here right now. Some of the Magistrates are claiming the local spirits are making trouble for them and it's the Phoenix's fault, the Governor's had a few disagreements with 'em... No big names of the local Court come here, of course, but we've all heard the stories. Anyway, my point is try not to look like you're here to make more trouble. I think it was, anyway."

Phoenix Tower [Hirofumi]

Natsumi's tea room has a glass wall with a commanding view of the grey wasteland below and beyond it. Hirofumi isn't sure why, since it's pretty dull, but whatever.

"Oh, we study this world," she says as she pours. "It seems to be thick with spirits! We're not quite sure why yet."

She lounges on some cushions and sips. "We won't for a while, of course. The esteemed Mantis have restricted our activities since we came here. I can barely roam out of sight of the city. It's all so very dull."

"Oh! But you are a Bat, yes? That must be interesting! What sort of, ah, Bat things do you do?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Toki Misuko

"That would be delightful." Misuko mulls for a moment, then adds. "Actually, I'd like to hear the story of one ghost in particular. Well... he's a ghost in the sense that he makes himself very difficult to find. You know of another ronin around here named Akihabara?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Kohaku Kozue

"Phoenix? We don't really work with spirits, well, ah, except these kinds of spirits.", she says, gesturing with the pitcher for a moment before pouring a drink into a cup for Risuta and then herself.. "Except for my daily prayers, of course!" Setting the pitcher down, she claps her hands before her face before leaning on the counter. "See, I told them there would be ghosts.", she says as she looks to the other two in a I-told-you-so tone. Not that anybody really argued otherwise.

Sipping from her drink, she pushes her Pocket Scribe™ towards Risuta, leaving the Lucky Cat Street merchant association page shining on its screen.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

Ujina Risuta

Ujina Risuta simultaneously takes a sip as he glances down to Kozue's Pocket ScribeTM.

"I would not begin to hope to cause trouble." said Risuta almost pleadingly before taking another sip of his drink "But perchance do you know of anything of interest regarding the Lucky Cat Street merchant association? Not that I would dare to dirty myself with mercantile interests directly, but since the old days the power of the koku has risen greatly." he continued, his voice calm and controlled as he broached questions.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kasuga Kei

Kei speaks up from next to the taller, more beautiful, and, er, less slightly dirty pop star.

"We aren't Crane, if that helps."

Sincerity (Honesty): 6d10o10k3 25

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Kaidan: A Japanese Ghost Theater [Misuko, Kei]

Choumaru bows again. "Yes, Kasuga-sama."

"This ronin knows of Akihabara. He had a workshop on Lucky Cat Street and made his services available at affordable prices to ronin such as this one. But one day a young Crab bearing one of his jade swords fell in battle with evil forces, and his father blamed Akihabara's workmanship. Other Crab came to this world seeking his death, but Akihabara somehow survived their assaults. He disappeared after that. Some say he still lives on this world, and others act as his eyes and ears."

Choumaru shrugs.

"They're pretty great," Gorou says. "Especially if it's repairs and maintenance you're after. They'll make your gear better than new. Might be a bit hard to get their services right now, though. Something's got the town guard stirred up, half the artificers are fixin' their weapons up and the other half are upgradin' em."

Naganori

As Naganori looks around he notices a few of the locals are gathered around a tipsy Mantis bushi telling crazy stories.

"... Then when I sobered up, the ghost was gone. Maybe if I drink again I'll see her tonight, right? Haha!"

"Yeah, right," a grumpy courtier says. "If this place is so lousy with ghosts, how come we haven't seen them?"

The bushi squints at the bottom of his glass. "Maybe you're too sober. Maybe I'm too sober. Another pitcher!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Kasuga Kei

"Isn't that just like the Great Clans?"

Kei gives Choumaru a bright smile.

"Yes. It is potentially so like many Great Clans. I am indeed Kasuga, but -sama? That I am not entirely used to hearing. Come now; my ancestors were ronin. Who will listen to the Tortoise? Now, Crab and Crane make two. What other Great Clans have been said to have attacked our good friend Akihabara - and how can we meet up with him to prevent others from doing such?"

• Locked thread