Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
For those of us who are straight girl-nerds, having relationships with our peers at the age of 22 or 23 consists of a wide variety of dudes like the ones in this thread, which is why as per the OP's request I would like to say that it's pretty chill being an adult virgin, I can give myself baller orgasms and I don't have to put up with a clingy bf who thinks that his sense of personal value can only be found within my vagina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER

Steampunk iPhone posted:

How much do u weigh lol

I am literally a bag of coat hangers so tbh I prob. wouldn't gently caress me either, it seems like a good way to get bruises

that was an excellent way to start a new page

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

What does your willingness to abort have to do with your weight? Jesus, liberal womyn these days.

If you know of a better way to lose six to eight pounds in an hour, I'd like to hear it!

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER

FoolyCharged posted:

The speed at which she pushed forward wound up leaving me lost and confused, and I basically just kind of locked up. My memories from there on are kind of hazy, but two things I am sure of is that I sure as hell didn't go off and that she was just as far gone mentally as I was, just on the other end of the spectrum. So yeah, I'm not sure what the hell happened that night and don't really know how I rate virginity wise.

probably somewhere around "rape victim"

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER

g r r nasty posted:

they could be asexual or just undesirable

I'm a misanthrope with a low libido and I have pretty high self-esteem and satisfaction with my life, especially in comparison to all the other women I know around my age, who are flipping the gently caress out over ~doing their twenties right~ and just generally being very depressed and lonely to an extent that bemuses me. I've got a job, I've got some money, I have spare time to masturbate, I have a sweet used car and when spring finally hits I can get it out on the town to do my boring-rear end solitary hobbies (hiking, shopping, geocaching, gardening, taking pictures of interesting trees, etc). Most of the women I know are in the same situation, but they feel like there's something missing. Maybe for them there is.

Though honestly I think virgin-neurosis hits guys harder--virginity is considered less desirable in men, and the ones who are inclined to let panic build over their circumstances seem to have trouble backing down from that ledge.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
Women also have higher physical stamina and the potential for multiple orgasms, so really, even if fewer women than men wanted to risk having sex it would be pretty easy for one woman to bang multiple guys if it wasn't for the fact that men have historically tended to do things like stone women to death for being sluts. You guys kind of shot your collective gender in the metaphorical foot on that one

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
The especially fun thing about that OKCupid thread is the interlude halfway in where (exclusively) men got all snide about (mostly) women saying they wouldn't kiss on the first few dates and that the first date doesn't count as a date so much as it is a method by which to figure out if your date is a crazy person, because "does it really take you an entire date to figure out whether or not they're psycho? I'm sure random people from the internet are by-and-large safe for kissing and related activities. I mean, I've never had any problems"

I am an adult virgin because twenty-something men are loving morons

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER

Zokalwe posted:

Hard to take the post seriously with that.

Oh, sorry. *Most* twenty-something men are loving morons, specifically in relation to not making any effort to understand women. And I am an adult virgin due to my own raging misanthropy. Like, I am basically joking, but if I had a quarter for every time a guy friend was like, "Hey, stand up to that guy hassling you on the subway, what's the worst that could happen?", I'd still have a lot of loving quarters.

There did seem to be a lot of decent advice in that thread, though--the basics about how to pose your profile pictures, what not to say in your about me section. That part just stood out to me, given how the thread ended.

Tjadeth fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 16, 2014

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER

Zokalwe posted:

Or maybe you're surrounding yourselves with bad people.

Entirely possible; I think I heard one unironically use the term "friendzone" once.

Zokalwe posted:

A lot of my female friend have no idea about what making the first move is ("oh, I'm sure I could do it if I was 100% sure he is interested") and can't fathom why it could be hard for anybody, I don't consider it makes *most* women in their 20-something morons.

Man, but that's a lovely equivalence. Goes right back to that whole "men are afraid women will laugh at them, women are afraid men will kill them" thing. If you want to talk about advice that men and women alike could be side-eyeing as dangerous to their future and/or health, take a ride on the "lol but what's wrong with dating someone with opposing political views?" train. For every woman worried about dating a fundie who doesn't understand the concept of marital rape, there oughta be a guy worried about knocking up a pro-lifer.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER

EN Bullshit posted:

Is this a common thing that women worry about when considering the political views of potential partners?

The phrasing of "marital rape" was more of a failed attempt to gloss over the whole concept of "is a conservative guy not going to agree with me that I have a right to say 'wait, stop' in the middle of sex if he feels like continuing? Is he going to believe that women aren't really supposed to enjoy sex, that it's something 'given up', so it's something he believes is owed to him after paying for a date?"

Obviously there are liberal men who behave like that, and conservative men who don't, but a lot of the right-leaning men I know are kind of... lacking empathy? So I would probably have generalized, unspecific concerns to start out with, even if they weren't actually about rape.

I can't say how many women DO leap right to being concerned about rape, as opposed to, like, "Is a homeschooled conservative guy going to know what a clitoris is?" Some of the women I know (mostly not virgins, and some of whom have actually faced assault) have admitted to viewing conservativism as a red flag for potential date rape-y mindsets, but a lot of my friends also have anxiety disorders and worry about goddamn everything, so I don't know if the "average" woman considers politics to be a warning sign.

I also don't know how I've ended up serious-posting here. drat this honeypot of a thread.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER

FoolyCharged posted:

Tjadeth, have you ever considered the fact that you fear for your safety that often is unhealthy? You're kind of giving me the impression that you're scared that the world/men are out to assault/rape/kill you. Have you considered taking self defense classes to help feel confident in your ability to defend yourself?

I'm pretty fine with my own safety. I do know for certain that every female friend I have ever discussed this with takes potential dangers into account when going out 1) at night, 2) alone, in underpopulated places, or 3) alone but with a male stranger. My best friend has a stabby-cat keychain. I sometimes carry pepper spray, but not often, because I don't want it to go off in my purse and then my cell phone smells like pepper for a month.

I know some women who do the whole "if I don't call you by 7:00 to let you know I've made it back from my date all right, check in with me to make sure I'm not in the dude's trunk" thing, which I think is a little excessive, but I don't know their life, I guess.

EDIT: When I said that twenty-something men are morons, what I meant is that it gets really tiring when my male friends don't understand that I have to take my own safety into account, or think that I'm being excessive about it. And I guess you could be right, but then my friends tell me their horror stories about being molested or raped, and I'll be sitting there thinking, "Jesus, I would never follow a guy I only kind of know back into his house," and, well. I guess I'd rather be paranoid than traumatized? It's a hard balance to strike.

EDIT #2: why do I even try to explain things when the internet exists

Tjadeth fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 16, 2014

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER

Stormageddon posted:

I don't imagine people who are more or less intimidated by sex are the sort to commit sexual assault. To adult virgins sex becomes some monolithic entity that they overestimate the value of, and to people who assault others, sex is nothing to them, to the point they don't even consider the emotional and physical damage they do. Seems to be on the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Nah, you also get the ones who are like "I am dying of thirst in the desert and only your vagina can quench it, help me fulfill my primal need for cooch"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER

client posted:

if anything the world needs more Bad Bitches.

I 100% agree with this. All the women in this thread should buy black leather jackets and spiked jewelry. Optionally, motorcycles. Also, all the guys in this thread should buy black leather jackets. Get them one size too small and wear them in the rain at least once so that they mold to your body. Don't get "cool" patches, long trenchcoats, or fingerless gloves, it'll look like you're trying too hard. Only buy the jacket. You're welcome.

• Locked thread