Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bj2001holt
Apr 6, 2003

Wife and I are attending this year, first time. We have been hoping to go for a couple of years so I took the time to watch the email list and make sure to get tickets. Ended up with 2 tickets and a vehicle pass without issue. BM looks like its going to be a bit outside of our cultural comfort zone but we like to push our personal boundaries so this should be a good experience.

We are looking for some people to ride-share with from Fort Collins, CO if anyone here is interested. We are towing out a decent sized camper and have space in the truck additional for gear/people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bj2001holt
Apr 6, 2003

bad-yeti posted:

So deffinately worth the risk of booking Flights, RV etc.

Then do so I shall :)

I take it there is nothing stopping me from setting up a Pimms stand outside my plot is there? I guess i'd have to card, or is it not really necessary.

If you need help with the Pimms Stand let me know, it can be hard to find in the states. My wife and I had an English friend introduce us to Pimms on a hot summer day a few years ago. We have probably made 100 gallons of it since, comes with us on every summer outing!

bj2001holt
Apr 6, 2003

bad-yeti posted:

Thank you, I may take you up on your offer :)

My idea was to build like a little wooden shoppe front and then have cold boxes full of frozen fruit which would also act as Ice :)

I would ship a few dozen bottles in from the UK.

Next question is, go as part of an organised camp or not?

Not sure on the organized camp thing, this is my first year. Wife and I are planning to go on our own, maybe pick up some folks who need a ride.

As for shipping the Pimms, I wouldn't bother trying. The US has very stringent laws on shipping alcohol, with that size of a shipment and no license it will likely get confiscated. I tried to ship a couple cases of craft beer to a business associate in Berlin a few months ago and it didn't end well. They "destroyed" the alcohol and sent me a nasty letter.

You can order Pimms in large quantities from liquor stores in the states, it just requires a little bit of planning. If you call up a decent sized liquor store that is somewhere along your route, ask to speak with management and they should be able to set you up.

bj2001holt
Apr 6, 2003

bad-yeti posted:

Hehe found a company who can order me in 5 cases of Pimms and get it to my pre Burn hotel :) so that 30 bottles, that will have to do, should make a poo poo ton of the stuff :) :)

Very nice. If you aren't going to be attached to a camp let me know. We could try to join up to run the Pimms stand. We aren't attached to a camp and dont have any people going that we were planning to camp with.

Plan for us right now is to arrive Sunday afternoon/morning (gates open at 10am this year). Hoping to came somewhere not too close to the sound camps but other than that I have no idea.

bj2001holt
Apr 6, 2003

Zilla posted:

Left a couple days ago from Tennessee to begin my slow cross-country journey. Somehow I got three weeks off work so I'm getting to spend a little extra time looking at cool stuff along the way, currently in Denver. Anyway this will be burn number two for me and I'm super excited to get out there. I'm going to do my best to remember to make it to the meet up. See you guys out there!

If you head up north through Fort Collins shoot me a PM and I can host you on some brewery tour action.

bj2001holt
Apr 6, 2003

First year for my wife and I, made it out of the gate around 11 this morning in 30 minutes. No wait except right at the highway. We got in on Sunday before the rain and enjoyed every minute of the week. Holy poo poo I am exhausted right now. 8 straight nights with 4 hours of sleep (sometimes less) is really exhausting. We camped about 4:45 and H with a bunch of random people, our neighborhood was awesome.

Personal note of the burn for me is that my wife and I worked a couple of runner shifts at Center camp, met a ton of cool people and had so much fun. I would highly recommend volunteering at center camp for a few shifts if you ever get a chance, particularly for first years. Long story short we ended up meeting Will Smith and chatting with him for a little while. He and his entourage came into center camp to order coffee while they were walking around on Friday. I chatted with him for a few minutes until I got yelled back to working my shift.

Me and Will in the picture with the Center Camp volunteer booth in the background.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bj2001holt
Apr 6, 2003

Anyone here going to Apogaea (Colorado regional)?

• Locked thread