Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BathroomTile
Jun 4, 2005

Just your run-of-the-mill bathroom tile.

Throwdown posted:

Any other goon fire monkeys here?

Definitely no fire monkey, but I do want to say that that's pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BathroomTile
Jun 4, 2005

OniKun posted:

The Directed Sale had about 30 minutes of clusterfuck followed by the easiest sale ever. There were tickets for days. Hopefully, the directed sale goes the same way.

Burning Man fundamentally changed my life. Prior to going to the Burn, I was practically a nihilistic pile of poo poo who didn't really do much of anything productive. Somewhere inbetween the dust storms, building my camp solo, naked bike rides, and dancing, I realized just how powerful human agency was and that giving up on life wasn't really a positive thing to do. Since my first Burn in 2011, I've landed a full-time job, a beautiful girlfriend (who also goes to Burning Man), I've completely changed my outlook on life, I'm a more wholesome and positive-thinking person, and I really could go on. It's funny, because it's totally possible to go to Burning Man and spend the week just partying and having a blast, but I spent most of my first year having this ridiculous spiritual experience and ended up missing every single thing I intended to do. I stayed sober the entire week and cried more than I ever have in my entire life. I still have a hard time believing that this city is going to rise again, but here it is, year after year, continuing to be ridiculous, amazing, inspiring, and none of the above. I've started volunteering a ton in my region, and also working a lot with the Gate/Perimeter/Exodus folks. It's simultaneously funny and stupid that a festival in the desert has completely changed me, but so it goes. That's my page one two cents, now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

This is amazing. Reading things like this makes me really look forward to my first burn this year. I can't wait. :)

BathroomTile
Jun 4, 2005

I got my ticket, woooo! I am really excited to go to the Playa for my first time this year. :)

BathroomTile
Jun 4, 2005

Those of you not using SLR cameras, do you guys bring out disposable cameras for the Burn? Typically, I use my phone as my camera for everyday pictures, but after hearing about how playa dust gets everywhere and such, I'm not sure if that would be a good idea out there. (For the record, I don't plan on taking a picture of everything - I plan on being in the moment and having fun, but for those moments I'd like to capture, I'd like to have something practical.)

BathroomTile
Jun 4, 2005

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

If anyone's got a checklist of things to take that would be appreciated, so we can get some idea of what we'll need to buy/borrow/steal.

There's a section in the OP called "How do I prepare for a week in the desert?" that has what you're looking for.

BathroomTile
Jun 4, 2005

IceLicker posted:

e: maybe something more Indian or Persian themed, I don't know. Anyone have resources to buy these types of things online?

Try Etsy! I found some sweet stuff there, but I'm going to keep them to myself so no one copies my style :unsmigghh:

BathroomTile
Jun 4, 2005

My camp got placed at 6:00 and K! Yaaayyyyyy! I'm so excited for my first burn. :) We're going to have performances and workshops, and I'll be sure to post that info here when we've got that finalized, in case any of you might be interested!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BathroomTile
Jun 4, 2005

Oh my goooooooood, I am leaving on Sunday night for my first Burn, I am so excited, I can't contain myselfnadjf adsf aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming:

• Locked thread