Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Tosh.0 airs Tuesdays at 10 PM ET, and is a clip-based sketch comedy series that mercilessly mocks pretty much everything people are dumb enough to post on the Internet. He summarized it in one bit as "Talks Soup meets America's Funniest Home Videos, with a bit of pepper." Which is sort of a dumb description since while the clips are usually the best part, there's plenty of original content to show off some genuinely great writing and brilliant comedic timing.

The trademark middle segment of the show is a "Web Redemption," featuring whatever hapless Internet celebrity agreed to fly out to LA that week. While they've had on a few more mainstream characters (David after Dentist, Tay Zonday), the funniest ones are usually the redemptions featuring more obscure web videos.

His stand-up is also really good, and Daniel himself is by all accounts a remarkably nice dude in person. He also makes fun of Reddit and Florida a lot so there's shades of GBS in there if that's your thing. Despite this, it's worth mentioning that he does occasionally venture a tad too far into RAPE/RACISM LOL territory (not nearly to Family Guy/Jeff Dunham/Carlos Mencia levels, but enough to be annoying). Although with most comedians these days that's not exactly uncommon. So yeah, still pretty GBS. Just give it a shot and decide whether or not it's for you. It's one of Comedy Central's cheapest and highest-rated shows so it's not going anywhere for a while.

If you especially like the pop-web-video aspect you should also check out "@Midnight."

We don't talk about Brickleberry in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I hope he keeps the hideous beard all season.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Has he dejectedly had to throw to commercial with the sentence "We'll be right with more Brickleberry" or whatever yet?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Has he dejectedly had to throw to commercial with the sentence "We'll be right with more Brickleberry" or whatever yet?
Not yet but I think towards the end of last season he said he had officially run out of cancelled Comedy Central shows, so we'll see what happens tonight.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
All hail the season of Brad.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Can't wait for fight club brad.

Yes! I love watching this girl fall.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

"Huh huh huh OW OW OW"

FrakkinCylon
Apr 25, 2008

My folks went to Caprica and all I got was this frakking avatar.
The snow joggers made me laugh way harder than it probably should have.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I was only sort of half-watching, but I noticed the wardrobe theme seemed to be suits, and the "credits stinger" thing seemed to be "random audience member is a WINNER!" thing, but I missed what he did when he usually says,
"We'll be right back with more [canceled Comedy Central show.] since he's out of shows, right?

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

DrBouvenstein posted:

I was only sort of half-watching, but I noticed the wardrobe theme seemed to be suits, and the "credits stinger" thing seemed to be "random audience member is a WINNER!" thing, but I missed what he did when he usually says,
"We'll be right back with more [canceled Comedy Central show.] since he's out of shows, right?

He announced awhile ago that instead of doing the Comedy Central show bit (because he's out of shows), he would instead be listing an out of context line that had been cut from a previous Tosh.0 episode for some reason or another.

Edit: Also it's not just suits, but rather, wardrobe worn by Brad Pitt. He was dressed like Mr. and Mrs. Smith Brad Pitt.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I'm so confused about those African boxers jerking off the passed out guy. I'm guessing that's supposed to bring him around?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
This was easily one of the best web redemption they've ever had. That guy nailed it perfectly, and even if they gave him the lines he pulled it off.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

KilGrey posted:

I'm so confused about those African boxers jerking off the passed out guy. I'm guessing that's supposed to bring him around?

Apparently trying to increase blood flow to places away from the brain. The whole fight might just be a cover though because it looks like one of those countries where they have an Olympic team for setting gay people on fire and fixing a boxing match is the only way to give a Valentine's handy.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Saint Jimmy posted:

Can't wait for fight club brad.

Looks like someone gets their wish.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That was pretty bleh. Dude on next week looks loving loony though.

FrakkinCylon
Apr 25, 2008

My folks went to Caprica and all I got was this frakking avatar.
Web redemption was funny just for being high as gently caress on the show.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I think my favorite part of this episode was Daniel's collar doing a little pop motion every time he emphasized a word.

I'm serious, watch it again and look for it. I thought it was hilarious.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The Peyton jersey is not the only reason I'm convinced that fireworks video was taken in Indiana

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Is this show still full of vomiting and people almost dying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
No, actually. After the rape-joke controversy last year, CC forced Tosh to tone down the show. Its still 'edgy,' but its not nearly as gross, sexist or racist as it once was.

• Locked thread