Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Producer/Showrunner?
This poll is closed.
Verity Lambert 49 7.04%
John Wiles 1 0.14%
Innes Lloyd 1 0.14%
Peter Bryant 3 0.43%
Derrick Sherwin 3 0.43%
Barry Letts 12 1.72%
Phillip Hinchcliffe 62 8.91%
Graham Williams 3 0.43%
John Nathan-Turner 15 2.16%
Philip Segal 3 0.43%
Russel T Davies 106 15.23%
Steven Moffat 114 16.38%
Son Goku 324 46.55%
Total: 696 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Too many McGanns, CBakers, and Hurts in here. Time to fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Chokes McGee posted:

A hologram in the form of Peter Capaldi appears to talk Doctor What out of it. 15 minutes later he says, "Ehn, gently caress it." and hits the button himself.

I was considering a joke about using The Moment but I settled on the other John Hurt-related joke instead.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Soooo this is happening like an hour away from me: http://conkasterborous.com/

$200 for a VIP pass is a lot of money but drat is it tempting

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Soooo this is happening like an hour away from me: http://conkasterborous.com/

$200 for a VIP pass is a lot of money but drat is it tempting

I hope you drezzzzz for the occasion.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Honestly as much as I enjoy his work for Big Finish I've already been a big fan of "Withnail and I" for years so I'd probably just end up bugging him about that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Honestly as much as I enjoy his work for Big Finish I've already been a big fan of "Withnail and I" for years so I'd probably just end up bugging him about that.

I was talking about Eric Roberts.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

in that case I'd rather ask him what it was like to voice A TALKING CAT!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-h-KpG2tHM

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tim Burns Effect posted:

A friend of mine who is indifferent to Doctor Who went to a convention once just so he could chat to Paul McGann about Withnail and I :3:

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

A friend of mine who is indifferent to Doctor Who went to a convention once just so he could chat to Paul McGann about Withnail and I :3:

McGann: "What's that, a Chia pet?"
Fan: "...it's a growing teabag."
McGann: :frogout:

I wonder how many Camberwell Carrots he gets offered...

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
tobecontinued.gif

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Everything has its time and everything dies.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Burkion posted:

Everything has its time and everything dies.

:negative:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Rita Repulsa posted:

princess-doctor correspondance seems entirely random (the doctor they draw with the palest skin and whitest hair goes to... Tiana?) and the resulting suitdresses are stupider than jrpg beltzipper dresses. And the art sucks.

It's a joke article, what did you expect?

http://games.usvsth3m.com/okukipd/

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
An hour to go, I cant wait. I cant believe I have managed to stay spoiler free for this too!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Have fun, everyone! I'll be back when I can finally watch it, try to forgive me if I say things that have already been said a hundred times. :unsmith:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You're all going to hate it, except for the handful of you who have brain damage. Have fun!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You're all going to hate it, except for the handful of you who have brain damage. Have fun!

I know what I'm doing before the premiere starts!

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

That was good

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Well, that was a huge steaming pile of loving poo poo. Very disappointed.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Looke posted:

That was good

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Well, that was a huge steaming pile of loving poo poo. Very disappointed.

The Doctor Who Something Awful Experience, ladies and gentlemen.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
I liked the episode

anastazius
May 17, 2009
I also liked the episode and Capaldi was brilliant. Love the new titles to bits and was pleasantly surprised a few times. Not as good as Eleventh Hour, but what is?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

anastazius posted:

I also liked the episode and Capaldi was brilliant. Love the new titles to bits and was pleasantly surprised a few times. Not as good as Eleventh Hour, but what is?

I loved the new titles and theme as well - deliberately classix. The rest I could live without. Capaldi hasn't yet nailed the role down and made it his own, which is understandable, but the story itself was tripe apart from the villain, Madam Vastra and her crew are long since played out, and Vastra's whole speech to Clara about wearing a veil to fit in is undermined by her starting the episode walking around in broad daylight without it and a crowd of strangers not saying a loving thing. As for straight up implying the Doctor is a murderer, that's indisputably the worst character move there has ever been in 51 years of the show. It's literally what made him deny his War Doctor incarnation in the first place.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

anastazius posted:

Not as good as Eleventh Hour, but what is?

I can name a hundred Doctor Who stories that are better :v:

Jedit posted:

I loved the new titles and theme as well - deliberately classix. The rest I could live without. Capaldi hasn't yet nailed the role down and made it his own, which is understandable, but the story itself was tripe apart from the villain, Madam Vastra and her crew are long since played out, and Vastra's whole speech to Clara about wearing a veil to fit in is undermined by her starting the episode walking around in broad daylight without it and a crowd of strangers not saying a loving thing. As for straight up implying the Doctor is a murderer, that's indisputably the worst character move there has ever been in 51 years of the show. It's literally what made him deny his War Doctor incarnation in the first place.

Why are you spoiling this poo poo? Why does this thread still exist?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Why are you spoiling this poo poo? Why does this thread still exist?

Why would any sane person like the clocks and cogs opening? What is the meaning of life?

Etc.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Just finished the last episode of the first season of the reboot with my daughter that'll be turning 4 in a week or so. She seriously asks us when we're putting her little brother to bed so she can watch Doctor Who, even though she wiggles around and can't understand most of what's going on. But we did run around the house today playing Daleks and Doctors. Fantastic.

PS she's getting a Rose + K9 action figure and a talking Dalek plushie for her birthday.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

PriorMarcus posted:

Why would any sane person like the clocks and cogs opening?

I'm not a massive fan of the graphics (they look better than I thought they would, though) but I love the new rendition of the theme.

JoltSpree
Jul 19, 2012

All set up to PVR this episode and the drat satellite cuts out halfway through. I still kind of have the first episode, but I don't feel like watching the second half online somewhere then going back to catch up. Is there anywhere online that will be hosting the first two episodes after they've finished airing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There are plenty of ways to acquire the episode online. The opening credits were pretty good. Especially for something that was fan made.

I enjoyed the episode. Probably not as much as I could have because every piece of technology I had was going haywire trying to get it to work. Once I got through the episode, all was well. I like the new Doctor.

• Locked thread