Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Producer/Showrunner?
This poll is closed.
Verity Lambert 49 7.04%
John Wiles 1 0.14%
Innes Lloyd 1 0.14%
Peter Bryant 3 0.43%
Derrick Sherwin 3 0.43%
Barry Letts 12 1.72%
Phillip Hinchcliffe 62 8.91%
Graham Williams 3 0.43%
John Nathan-Turner 15 2.16%
Philip Segal 3 0.43%
Russel T Davies 106 15.23%
Steven Moffat 114 16.38%
Son Goku 324 46.55%
Total: 696 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
For those who have listened to Dark Eyes 2, is the first story, Traitor, just supposed to end with the Doctor giving the Time Controller the detonation frequency and then just go straight into White Room? Or did something get messed up with my mp3s and I'm missing half the story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Gaz-L posted:

You didn't miss anything. There's a timey-wimey component to the story.

Cool. Dark Eyes 2 is my first purchase for myself from Big Finish, and I've heard rumblings that sometimes their mp3s aren't tagged properly. I'm all aboard the timey train if that's where this story is taking me!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Listened to a good chunk of White Room on my commute home from work...always glad to hear a Hitchhiker's Guide reference! Future tenses are hard.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Finished up Dark Eyes 2 today. I'll echo the sentiments of others: Not as good as the first one, but still really fun. I love Molly as a companion; the Doctor needs to hang out with more angry Irishwomen. I'm not sure how I feel about the timeline thing...I think the non-sequential-ness of the story was done solely to unbalance the listener rather than for any plot purpose. Once I finished listening I didn't have any trouble wrapping my head around the order of events, but other than that inital confusion the "wibblyness" of the plotline didn't seem to serve any real narrative purpose.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Wonderful stories, all of them.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The 2014 Big Finish special release is going to be Trial of the Valeyard. I'm cautiously excited for this.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

DoctorWhat posted:

It's already out as a subscriber special.

It's good!

Really? I was thumbing through the "select your free gift" options and it wouldn't let me select it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My list of Awesome Things That Will Never Happen now has an 8/12 team up story on it.

(Other things on that list include "A series of episodes in which unresolved adventures of Docs 4-11 come back to bit 12 in the rear end, complete with flashbacks and/or teamups filmed with the classic actors" and "a multi-doctor episode with 8, War, and 9")

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Man, we should have organized a goon meet or something. I live in KC and wasn't planning on visiting the con, but for a goon meet, I would have been there at least one day.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I started listening to Spare Parts today, and I think I caught a neat little touch. Nysaa's cover story is that she's from "up" in the South District and she's just visiting "down" in the North. Given that Mondas is upside-down Earth, that's pretty clever.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

DoctorWhat posted:

Say I don't think I've posted this in ages and I just re-upped it to Tumblr, so HERE are the QR codes for an Animal Crossing recreation of the Sixth Doctor's coat that I made AGES BACK.

Just fired Animal Crossing back up again, so thank you for this!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm listening to Scherzo while laying in bed all stuffed up and on cold medication. This is one of the most unsettling things I've ever experienced and I'm legitimately terrified to go back to sleep. This is a weird one and I'm glad I have the solid rock of the Doctor Who thread to reach out to while listening to it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Spare Parts is stupid good. Buy it for a dollar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

PoshAlligator posted:

Does anyone here ever write fan fiction, or is that considered too lame by the goon hive-mind?

I don't know if anyone here has seen this upcoming fan anthology but my fourth Doctor short story is one of the finalists for its slot. http://thetemporallogbook.wordpress.com/

I've never written fan fiction before this, so it's quite validating. Now I have a couple more ideas. Where would be the best place to post this stuff online? Just the old Fan Fiction Net? I found writing it an interesting experience.

Also, I'm getting together a little writing-based fan project with some friends. If anyone is interested in that sort of thing I might post about it here?

So at first I was sad that I missed out on this...but then I saw all their restrictions and provisos. No references to anything that wasn't on TV, and oh yeah the War Doctor isn't a real incarnation of the doctor.

• Locked thread